What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Post Patch 1.06 MU Discussion (Incomplete)

Hey guys, just though of making a post 1.06 matchup thread that the whole flash community can contribute to detailing what flash's advantages and disadvantages are in certain match-ups, how to play the footsie game, how to punish wakeups, etc...

I will start it off with the matchup I know most which is the batgirl - flash matchup. Will be updating this thread until we have a complete matchup discussion thread that can help current flash mains as well as help out new flash players.

Aquaman
Brief Matchup Discussion

Flash-Aquaman seems to be an even matchup. Flash does get out footsied by Aquaman however he does have the tools to deal with him. Flash should try to stay out of b1 range and try to anti-air aquaman if aquaman tries to jump in either by flying uppercut or d2 on reaction.

Aquaman can’t zone flash out as if a special apart from water shield and super is thrown out, Aquaman risks losing 46% if flash has 1 bar and trait from max LC distance even if his trait is up.

Sonic Pound should be used as a launcher rather than Lightning Kick as the Aquaman player has a lot less time to react with trait to block in time. b1 into MB sonic pound should be used to punish specials up close and unless trait is inputted immediately after the special they will get launched for big damage. If MB SP gets blocked then flash is at +11 so he can continue on pressure after that. On knockdown, aquaman cannot wakeup safely with anything apart from super.

Once Flash gets the life lead, Flash should just back off as there will be no need for flash to get it as he can punish everything that Aquaman can do from 3/4 of the screen.

Specials/Wake-ups

Trident Rush – both versions of the move are punishable by flying uppercut. If the last hit of the trident rush does whiff can be punished with b2/lightning charge. On wakeup can be stuffed by 21, d12 and f3 if timed right.

From the Deep – Full combo punishable on block from max lightning charge range even if trait is active so flash can punish with 46% with 1 bar of meter and trait from 3/4 of the screen.

Water Shield – On wakeup can be easily stuff up by d12/21

Trident Scoop – Punishable with Lightning charge even from max distance and if trait is up. B2 MB SP also works well unless trait is inputted immediately.

Trident Toss – Full combo punishable on whiff by lightning charge from max lightning charge distance even if trait is up.
Ares (Coming Soon)

Bane (Coming Soon)

Batgirl

The video below starts off by discussing the flash vs batgirl footsie game, then goes into her wakeups and finally discusses her corner game.

Batman (Coming Soon)

Black Adam (Coming Soon)

Catwoman (Coming Soon)

Cyborg (Coming Soon)

Deathstroke (Coming Soon)

Doomsday (Coming Soon)

Flash (Coming Soon)

Green Arrow (Coming Soon)

Green Lantern (Coming Soon)

Harley Quinn (Coming Soon)

Hawkgirl (Coming Very Soon)

The Joker (Coming Very Soon)

Killer Frost (Coming Soon)

Lex Luthor (Coming Soon)

Lobo (Coming Soon)

Martian Manhunter (Coming Soon)

Nightwing (Coming Soon)

Raven (Coming Soon)

Scorpion (Coming Soon)

Shazam (Coming Soon)

Sinestro (Coming Soon)

Solomon Grundy (Coming Soon)

Superman (Coming Soon)

Wonder Woman (Coming Soon)

Zatanna (Coming Very Soon)

Zod (Coming Soon)

Last edited:
@Zyphox
@AK Harold
@HoneyBee
@WITNESS

and all over flash mains that I still haven't spoken to, looking forward to your contributions to this! Did the batgirl flash video in a few hours and will most likely do either Zatanna or Joker tomorrow. If you guys want to record anything I'll edit the post straight away and if you want to add anything in writing, will also edit the post accordingly to end up with a reliable reference point for all flash players, current and new!

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
@n-megabytes Just watched your batgirl vid. Great stuff! I learned a lot about that MU. Just something to add, you didn't show how to end combos and bait wakeups which is something all flash players should know about.

For example, what I like to do after a bnb combo is I end in B22F3 ~ RMS ~ Dash into her body and then do a back jump. You might have noticed me doing this either against Chris G at ECT or against sonicfox during the PS3 online tournament. What this does is it makes both the bat-wheel and teleport completely whiff and lets you get a full combo punish. The downside to this is that her flying bat will punish it but if you use it correctly you can condition her to use flying bat wakeup (which you can block and full combo punish) or it will make her scared to wakeup at all in which case you can continue your pressure. If batgirl has no meter there is little risk to doing this because even if she does wakeup flying bat, she can't get you in the vortex.

And on a side note, I find the most reliable punish for her flying bat after blocking it is to use his 112 string. It leads into 60% + damage with SP MB and since it is 8 startup frames instead of the 15 startup frame B2, it's a more consistent punish.

@n-megabytes Just watched your batgirl vid. Great stuff! I learned a lot about that MU. Just something to add, you didn't show how to end combos and bait wakeups which is something all flash players should know about.

For example, what I like to do after a bnb combo is I end in B22F3 ~ RMS ~ Dash into her body and then do a back jump. You might have noticed me doing this either against Chris G at ECT or against sonicfox during the PS3 online tournament. What this does is it makes both the bat-wheel and teleport completely whiff and lets you get a full combo punish. The downside to this is that her flying bat will punish it but if you use it correctly you can condition her to use flying bat wakeup (which you can block and full combo punish) or it will make her scared to wakeup at all in which case you can continue your pressure. If batgirl has no meter there is little risk to doing this because even if she does wakeup flying bat, she can't get you in the vortex.

And on a side note, I find the most reliable punish for her flying bat after blocking it is to use his 112 string. It leads into 60% + damage with SP MB and since it is 8 startup frames instead of the 15 startup frame B2, it's a more consistent punish.
Great to hear that the video was helpful! Your setup is very interesting indeed... Unfortunately still haven't had the chance to watch the whole ECT footage. Gamer Blake just sent me a link on facebook and I watched that the other day but what I'll do is I'll update the post with a brief summary of the matchup for people that don't want to watch the video over and over and I'll include your tech in there and I'll get started with other characters straight away. Will also search through the archives posted on youtube for your games as well as zyphox's and watch them all!

As for the punish on flying bat, you are right, it will be easier to punish with 112 as it has faster start up but for me, I seem to be able to get the grounded punish more consistently with b22 as with 112 I tend to hit her when she is in the air and if I delay it I get the timing wrong and she can usually duck and poke me out of the punish... Also 112 SP seems to switch sides according to distance, so have to go for the close sp for me to be able launch in the same direction every time. But then again it's all personal preference and anything faster than that will do. Another reason why I like to punish with b2 is because a lot of batgirl players tend to wake up with that move in the corner and if blocked it's much easier to combo off of b22f3 meterless than it is with 112 and can lead to more damage + sonic pound/fast stand setup and as long as you time the b2 as soon as she starts descending, you should be able to get it very very consistently.