What's new

Video/Tutorial Flash Meterless Trait Combos by SidTheHaze & HoneyBee

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
good shit @SidTheHaze for the find. now whats the best way to get trait out up close to utilize all of this? @HoneyBee @SidTheHaze etc? b22 trait cancel d1 is really strict, if they mash poking out you can fuck it up sometimes. d1d2 trait on hit is good, but you already got the hit and can just do guaranteed damage that way, with one bar of course. maybe better used when someone does something negative on block? does anyone know the start up frames and recovery for trait activation? like if you block lex's vacuum can you trait up and punish with a b22 or something?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
good shit @SidTheHaze for the find. now whats the best way to get trait out up close to utilize all of this? @HoneyBee @SidTheHaze etc? b22 trait cancel d1 is really strict, if they mash poking out you can fuck it up sometimes. d1d2 trait on hit is good, but you already got the hit and can just do guaranteed damage that way, with one bar of course. maybe better used when someone does something negative on block? does anyone know the start up frames and recovery for trait activation? like if you block lex's vacuum can you trait up and punish with a b22 or something?
My go to move for activating trait outside of combos is after making the opponent block a B22. Some other things work as well such as doing it after a F21 (on a large hitbox opponent) because it can catch them off guard. If my opponent mashes, I'll go for the D1D2 to beat it but if I know they are scared/respect my frame advantage then I can opt to go for the overhead as well. As far as the other stuff you mentioned, I'm not too sure about it and if it would be optimal to go for stuff like this instead of doing a bnb punish.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
@Zyphox I was testing out activating trait as a 'reversal' move but it doesn't seem to work. For example, after AM does a TR, it's -11 so I was hoping I could activate trait and then do a FU to potentially get a full combo punish but the trait activation doesn't come out fast enough. There's a huge delay. By the time my trait is activated, AM can easily block my next attack. Activating trait raw after an opponent does a move with negative frames doesn't seem to be useful.

Another thing about activating trait outside of a combo, if you use B22F3xxFar MB SPxxTrait. You're hella plus and you can 50/50 them. But I'm pretty sure you already know about that.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
@Zyphox I was testing out activating trait as a 'reversal' move but it doesn't seem to work. For example, after AM does a TR, it's -11 so I was hoping I could activate trait and then do a FU to potentially get a full combo punish but the trait activation doesn't come out fast enough. There's a huge delay. By the time my trait is activated, AM can easily block my next attack. Activating trait raw after an opponent does a move with negative frames doesn't seem to be useful.

Another thing about activating trait outside of a combo, if you use B22F3xxFar MB SPxxTrait. You're hella plus and you can 50/50 them. But I'm pretty sure you already know about that.
yeah i had a video on that last one but if you mess up the 50/50 and they guess right, you just wasted trait, a bar and now they can push block you. its great for a comeback though imagine doing it with like no life and getting the hit, its risky, but it may pay off. this flash player named lima bean did on me b22 SP MB xx trait then did a j1, and it crossed up, so that could work, and it doesn't look like it would cross up at first. i tried it in top 8 against arma but he backdashed between b22 SP MB and he eliminated me, i can just imagine if i would have pulled that off, so hype!