What's new

Tech Flash Corner Reset (62% 1 Bar + Trait)

AYSAMO

Noob
b22 xx MB LK, 32 (27%). forward + interactable, trait cancel, j3, LK, LK, LK, b2 xx LK, b22f3 LC (35%).

Basically you re-stand them in the corner with a well timed 3,2, and you get a free command grab attempt. It's escapable with a backdash, ducking, armor b3, or super but the window for all of this is really tight. If you aren't familiar with this reset you will get blown up by it. This works on a ton of stages, and I was trying to find a huge reset combo on fortress of solitude with this but didn't have enough time before EVO. I tried to do it on stream for my first match at EVO but I fucked it up.

If you don't want to reset them, you can just do b22 xx MB LK, 3 forward + interact, j3, LC for 44% to put them back into the corner.

Sorry for the shitty video. Also shoutouts to LK-520 for help with this.

Yeah it is interesting, is there a way to know what - or + frames you are after the 3-2? could be use for other mixups.

AYSAMO

Noob
Yeah it is interesting, is there a way to know what - or + frames you are after the 3-2? could be use for other mixups.

I dont know about the frame data after 3,2. But once they get smart and know the grab is coming, it opens you up for a free overhead if they like to duck the grab and punish you. If they like to backdash you get a free j2 or LC punish, and if they try to armor out you can d12 LK.

And I remember at EVO you said you could do this on the right side of watch tower right?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
AYSAMO good stuff, i was experimenting with something similar but i never thought of the interactable command grab, i was doing something towards the lines of atlantis corner water faucet MB into this and ferris air craft missile etc. i wish that in that reset you can cancel into trait :( it maybe positive on hit maybe if you could but it acts like a whiffed b22f3 when a opponent crouch blocks, it won't let you cancel into special :'(

AYSAMO

Noob
BTW this isn't even the max damage you can get off this, just the combo I personally prefer. I know B W1zZ found some higher damage when I showed him before EVO.

B W1zZ

Noob
BTW this isn't even the max damage you can get off this, just the combo I personally prefer. I know B W1zZ found some higher damage when I showed him before EVO.

Pretty sure the only thing I did different after the reset was 4 LK into B2LK B22F3 LC...dont remember the dmg though maybe 1-2% more but your J3 combo is probably way more consistent.

Moiravus

Noob
This does about 76% w/ 1 bar, and puts them back into the corner. It doesn't leave them standing though, just crosses them up.