What's new

Tech Flash 45% One Bar (Midscreen - No Trait)

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Damage variants for this:
off d1d2: 40%
off b22: 43%
off f21: 43%
i find these combos easy to do on pad or stick since i use both. these will be my new BnB's for sure :) thanks DoctrineDark !!

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Wow, amazing find DoctrineDark

Could Flash players finally start saving their trait for Speed-Dodge xxTrait-Cancel to get through and punish projectiles now?
Or at least free mixups...

It's always seemed like such a waste to see such a strong trait only go toward combos.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I'm impressed if you can do it consistently online. I find it about as consistent as trying to do 21f2, f3, 44 nut punch with Cage in MK9.
my next match videos i post i'll make sure to include me doing this combo online for you :)

Xenrail

Noob
nope not at all, every since i saw the video this is my BnB for online and offline :)
for 2% more i don't think it's worth the extra execution. the timing on b22 xx rms after launch is pretty strict as well as cancelling into 11. offline though its probably worth it down to the penny, but hell if you can do it online/offline comfortably then by all means have at it.

i have a much easier time landing b22 xx lightning kick, b22f3 xx lightning charge for 63% than this online

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
for 2% more i don't think it's worth the extra execution. the timing on b22 xx rms after launch is pretty strict as well as cancelling into 11. offline though its probably worth it down to the penny, but hell if you can do it online/offline comfortably then by all means have at it.

i have a much easier time landing b22 xx lightning kick, b22f3 xx lightning charge for 63% than this online

If you can consistently pull off 45% non trait combos consistently, that opens doors to other uses for trait.

How much do we know about traiting after knockdowns and how it affects the frames on that? Do we know how trait affects air movement? What about how trait anti-projectile uses can be used in a match? Do frame advantages from trait open doors to certain ticks (ie. lightning kick is a block infinite in trait)?

All something to think about when concerning the meta game of The Flash.

RiverHB

Noob
If you can consistently pull off 45% non trait combos consistently, that opens doors to other uses for trait.

How much do we know about traiting after knockdowns and how it affects the frames on that? Do we know how trait affects air movement? What about how trait anti-projectile uses can be used in a match? Do frame advantages from trait open doors to certain ticks (ie. lightning kick is a block infinite in trait)?

All something to think about when concerning the meta game of The Flash.
That's a good point but I think he meant you can do 43% (44% with Jump in 1) without RMS cancel and the execution is easy. I would love to see frame trap strategies with Time Loop as opposed to the Trait being strictly for combos.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
That's a good point but I think he meant you can do 43% (44% with Jump in 1) without RMS cancel and the execution is easy. I would love to see frame trap strategies with Time Loop as opposed to the Trait being strictly for combos.
I would like that too, but trait only lasts 6 seconds, scales damage to about 70% of normal and Flash can't block during it. Flash can already frame trap with b2, b22 and d2.

The only time I try to use trait outside of combos is after a blocked b2 or b22, since cancelling into trait there gives a lot of frame advantage, and then go for a mixup into a meterless combo (d1d2/f21 into flying uppercut).

Considering how long the cooldown is, and that the cooldown resets after clashes, supers and level transitions, you're really only going to get to use trait once per match, and I think it may as well be to get 60% off of a punish in the first round.

RiverHB

Noob
I would like that too, but trait only lasts 6 seconds, scales damage to about 70% of normal and Flash can't block during it. Flash can already frame trap with b2, b22 and d2.

The only time I try to use trait outside of combos is after a blocked b2 or b22, since cancelling into trait there gives a lot of frame advantage, and then go for a mixup into a meterless combo (d1d2/f21 into flying uppercut).

Considering how long the cooldown is, and that the cooldown resets after clashes, supers and level transitions, you're really only going to get to use trait once per match, and I think it may as well be to get 60% off of a punish in the first round.
I agree. I was just throwing it out there to spark some thought. I'm guilty of being too narrow minded with certain things that have an obvious use, neglecting the possible depth of a particular tool. And yeah clashing during Time Loop horse fucks The Flash.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Why have I never thought of cancelling into RMS and continuing the combo? Holy shit. This is a good day to be a Flash player.

Traiting more often with Flash is great in some matchups as you can use speed dodge as a block with the slow down. Also I would love to use it more as a frametrap mechanic but one correct block and they pushblock to end your trait. If that was removed then I think the trait would be too good as an offensive tool.