What's new

Question - Flame Fists Flame fist combo glitch?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea I noticed that too. The Flame Fist does something to the scaling. On a few combos it goes for less for some reason.

Offe

Noob
If I was to guess from what I see, I would say the activation of the flamefist acts as doing a hit in the combo and increase the scaling like any other attack would have done, except that it does no damage, and also since most of the hits in the combo after the activation is kicks there's not much to gain from Flame Fist in the current combo. You get perhaps 1% on the last hit, but since the damage have been redused on all the hits after flamefist activation because of scaling it does less damage in total.

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
None of that makes sense. If it acts as a hit, it should show up on the damage counter and even though there are kicks mostly in the combo it shouldn't scale and make the combo do around 4 points less of damage or so.

Offe

Noob
I meant it acts as a hit damage scaling wise during combos, even tho it doesn't actually hit. What else would explain it? It acts as a combo extender special now, so they probably added scaling effect on equal of doing any other combo extender, like scorpions chain or SubZero's freeze.

Edit: There is one easy way to test this. Just do 113 1 b343 (or something equal to 1) and see if the first hit of b343 does the same damage as it does when doing 113 flamefist b343. Compare the damage of b343.

I would love to test it myself but I have the PC version only, and it's not patched yet.

Last edited:
None of that makes sense. If it acts as a hit, it should show up on the damage counter and even though there are kicks mostly in the combo it shouldn't scale and make the combo do around 4 points less of damage or so.
There is nothing to get here, NRS just wants SF to scale mid combo to prevent you from killing your opponent in two combos

RM_Gamer

Noob
it only scales mid combo. not a glitch. otherwise he would be doing retarded meterless damage into retarded chip. it's the same concept as lao. last patch they made his spinning hat scale so he cant do those 50% combos anymore, but still does good damage

RM_Gamer

Noob
it only scales mid combo. not a glitch. otherwise he would be doing retarded meterless damage into retarded chip. it's the same concept as lao. last patch they made his spinning hat scale so he cant do those 50% combos anymore, but still does good damage