What's new

Breakthrough - Hellfire Flame Aura Hitbox

I do not play scorpion., he is an outstanding character, but to me he is so boring, same old same old, 114xxdb3+r2~d2, can anyone explain to me why top players would use him, other than the fact he is such a vortex

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Well i really think this is totally ok. It is really good to know that there is a good move to punish brainless jumpers. I hope to see sonyas divekick being caught by that. :DOGE

Matix218

Get over here!
I do not play scorpion., he is an outstanding character, but to me he is so boring, same old same old, 114xxdb3+r2~d2, can anyone explain to me why top players would use him, other than the fact he is such a vortex
Dude what???

If you are playing people that are using 114, ex teleport, uppercut you are playing the wrong people...

He also is not really a true vortex character because you can block his f4 on reaction.

The character shines with his punishment and post combo pressure (other than Ninjutsu who has strong range/footsies and armor breaking/oki).

Look at Blake's ESL matches or PL's matches from Combo Breaker and you will see why a top player would want to use him.

Dude what???

If you are playing people that are using 114, ex teleport, uppercut you are playing the wrong people...

He also is not really a true vortex character because you can block his f4 on reaction.

The character shines with his punishment and post combo pressure (other than Ninjutsu who has strong range/footsies and armor breaking/oki).

Look at Blake's ESL matches or PL's matches from Combo Breaker and you will see why a top player would want to use him.[/QUOT. I will definitely look at those matches you recommended, iam new to mk, and I am taking each character and spending several weeks leaning match ups against my character
, I have spent many months learning my character and basic mechanics, I play against the CPU hard mode and win, I am building skills and confidence and will spend months learning match ups before I go to online play, I do realize that good payers online are true masters of the game, and I feel I will learn more from you skilled player if I have some solid foundation already in place, iam not knocking scorpion iam just really mesmerized buy his block adv, push back basic strings and his low start up frame data

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
, I have spent many months learning my character and basic mechanics, I play against the CPU hard mode and win, I am building skills and confidence and will spend months learning match ups before I go to online play, I do realize that good payers online are true masters of the game, and I feel I will learn more from you skilled player if I have some solid foundation already in place, iam not knocking scorpion iam just really mesmerized buy his block adv, push back basic strings and his low start up frame data
That's cool, sounds like you are on the right track man!

That's cool, sounds like you are on the right track man!
@matrix218,
I think this is an excellent strategy, two months ago against hard CPU I could only get off a basic kombo, now I am able to do kombos of 27 to 39 percent damage consistently from both sides of the field, in open field and corner, so I am getting better, my whole plan is to now spend months on MU and I have s few sparing partner I met on TYM who are really good and volunteered to session me so as to transition me to online play, my idea is if I truly understand the mechanics of learning to fight(frame data application of my character and solid knowledge of the ALL the other characters frame data), that when I go online many, many months from now and attempt ranked matches, that when I get beat, of which I expect a lot, I will take from each match an idea of why I lost and go back to the lab and record what my opponent did to me and learn how to counter, I want to learn to fight, winning will come as a result. Have fun and keep on komboing, I punish scorps tele with a safe starter and extend, f33xxdb2+R2~njp~jip~bf4(learning to RCxxf42+L1 in place of bf4), and punish his take down with f42+L1xxdb2+R2~njp~f42+L1xxdb2. And an excellent corner is 11xxdf2~b2~b33xxdb2+R~242 or 11xxdb1+R2~242~f33xxbf4 and many others, I use sub zero cryomancer, not done on a standing dummie, but in hard CPU single fight or hard CPU practice, I love mk, and want to take a long time to become a good fighter, this is the type of game that take years to become proficient and to me that is what is exciting

Last edited: