What's new

First (true) episode of The Friendly Alliance! Australian MKX podcast!

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
What's goin on peeps?! Here's the first 'true' episode of mine and @Gilbagz's new podcast, The Friendly Alliance! The podcast is primarily designed for leveling up the Australian scene while highlighting some of our key players and their stories.

In today's episode, Gilbagz and Cabjoy sit down with Melbourne's very own Googie to talk about how he's transitioned from a new player to seasoned player, and his experiences with the game so far. He talks with us about the progress of his monthly tournament series and the state of the online scene. Finally, we wrap things up by getting hype about Kombat Pack 2 and talking about why we think the chosen characters were good or bad choices.

Let us know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/user-243028786/the-friendly-alliance-podcast-ep-1-feat-googie

Timestamps:
00:00 - Intro and podcast intentions
01:30 - Googie and his introduction to fighting games
05:55 - Getting better as a new player
07:55 - Anti-airing in MKX
13:40 - Trip guarding explained
16:30 - Googie at BAM7 and YSB
21:20 - The importance of watching your own matches
25:30 - Googie's character choices and Southeast Asia Majors
30:45 - Googie in the USA
39:30 - Character experimentation and utilising training mode
47:20 - Ozhadou Nationals 13
56:30 - Googie's online tournaments and the online scene
1:11:25 - Kombat Pack 2
1:26:50 - Wrapping things up

You can find details about Googie's online tournaments here: www.facebook.com/AusMKXtournament…f=message_bubble

You can find us on Twitter!
Gilbagz - twitter.com/GilbagzHong
Cabjoy - twitter.com/Cabjoy
Googie - twitter.com/GooGieMonA

@Anyone interested in the global scene!

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
We just uploaded a mirror and it was flagged within minutes. We're guessing that someone who's bitter in the Australian MK facebook group is messing with us. Erghh...
You can have someone's video deleted just because you say it's inappropriate? Sheesh wtf is this

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
@Cabjoy how big is Australian mkx scene?
We have decent localised scenes around each of our major cities, but they're so far apart and our majors are so feew and far between that it's difficult to sustain numbers at times. The Sydney scene is quite good at the moment, we've got about 20 to 30 players turning up to our monthly events, with around 10-15 regularly going to @Gilbagz's house for casuals. Brisbane is pretty much dead, with like 5 players max. Melbourne I think frequents around 20 players at their locals too. Adelaide a little less and Perth even fewer.

Our majors tend to get around 50-60 players whoch isn't too bad. Our main issue right now is exposure. It's difficult to get the attention of sponsors because no one really knows about our scene and consequently stream viewers are lacking. The podcast is an attempt to expand on that a little bit, so new players get to know the faces of the scene and people on tym get a chance to hear about us too. :)

Thanks for the support dudes, it's ironic that only the EU players tend to be the ones checking out the thread haha.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I'm just finishing it up now, great stuff guys!

Keep 'em coming, I like the focus on how to perform well and learn about the game.
Just out of curiousity (sinceI don't know anyones handle) are you one of the Aus guys or did you only hear this through tym?

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Just saw it on tym, I'm a US northeast guy but it's always fun looking at new scenes.
Good to know, thanks for giving us a listen man! Anything we can to do keep people up to speed with the Australian scene is good for everyone imo. We plan on doing more educational content on the side of the podcast, but you can always expect our discussions to include some matchup chatter or general gameplay advice anyway. :)

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
also its unfortunate the video keeps getting taken down. I dont have a PC so I do everything from my PS4 and u apparently need flash player to listen to soundcloud.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
also its unfortunate the video keeps getting taken down. I dont have a PC so I do everything from my PS4 and u apparently need flash player to listen to soundcloud.
Yeah I think someone in the facebook group is being a scumbag. Since we made a move to a fresh channel it's takes little to no effort to bring a vid down through flags. Unfortunately soundcloud is our best option until it gets rectified,, unless i reupload on my channel.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
should be able to listen to it with the sound cloud app on your phone?
I dont have a phone. I have a vita, but I doubt thatll work.
Yeah I think someone in the facebook group is being a scumbag. Since we made a move to a fresh channel it's takes little to no effort to bring a vid down through flags. Unfortunately soundcloud is our best option until it gets rectified,, unless i reupload on my channel.
Yeah. Maybe until the channel gets bigger u could double post on ur channel? Maybe post some other videos on the FA channel and build it up a little first, so youtube doesnt immediately think its some new channel uploading a movie or something.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I reviewed the youtube guidelines that was linked on the deleted video. I dont see why it wouldve been removed.