Votes: 79 62.2%
  • Online Ranked

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • King of the Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Be it Inj, or MKX, or GG, or anything else, I hit first most the Story Mode, and enjoy it to the end, then I hit the training room to find my main, and then I hit the rest.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Goto practice and try to get at everyone, play story mode, then go to ladders and complete it with everyone. Then depending on the characters that resonated with me the most pick a main.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Practice for a few hours with Firestorm, play a koth with my group of friends, wake up the next morning and grind the storymode before any spoilers. Looking foward to it

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Story mode unfortunately. $100 says that's what you'll have to do to unlock Brainiac. Just going to put it on very easy and plow through the stupid story...

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Jumping into a ladder with Bane for some quick and easy glory. Then, hitting the lab for days. Then, online madness.

For me, Story Mode is always first. I gain a better appreciation for inter-character dynamics, I get to beat out the spoiler crowd, and you're usually rewarded handsomely for finishing it. After that, labbing my face off.

REALLY? without heading to practice mode 1st.
Yeah I'm like that with online competitive games, whether it be Madden, fighting games, or shooters. I like figuring out stuff on the fly, plus I'm not worried about someone destroying me because they sunk in 20 hours vs my 2 on day one. I don't have the time to lab out characters as much as some guys here. So I get my early wins just off basic fundamentals

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Usually spend a few minutes in practice mode with whatever characters I'm interested in, just to get a feel for them. Cold & GA probably being the only two. And then straight to story because NRS story modes are hype af.

Practice mode to satisfy my curiosity for the characters I'm interested in, then maybe a quick Ladder with my main followed by story mode.

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
Technically speaking Day 1 I got invited to a tournament sponsored by Microsoft so that's how I'm spending it lol.
After that though, straight to that story mode. Wanna get as much in-game currency and gear as possible so I can start making my Robin look OD.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Whelp, story mode's not getting touched, I can tell you that.

I'm a LABrador Retriever with my nose on what's punishable, what's safe and what fits my playstyle. Once the character is picked, it's off to the ladder for a day or two max, before I head into ranked and never look back.

Spoilers? :p

When I decide to sit down and play through the story, it'll be so blessed old I'll forget what the spoilers were.

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Practice. Best part about a new FG or new characters is just messing around with their tools in practice mode, figuring out combos, uses for normals and strings, setups and so on. Fun times.

Gonna lab Robin right off the bat, with a little side of Bane. Gotta few of the fellas coming over for beers, see where the night takes us. Can't wait!!

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Practice.

I'll go through each character and fiddle about for 15-20m each. Go through moves/strings/specials, try to find and practice for a few minutes any obvious combo routes and spend a lot of time just dashing and jumping and moving around (movement has a lot to do with how well I like a character) then add them to a little list that's broken down in to Definitely - Maybe - No, in whatever category they seem to belong in. Then I go back over the Maybes and try to eliminate as many as I can , transferring the ones I don't eliminate to the Definitely column.. then I go back to that column and spend about an hour or so on each character, I'll hit up YouTube to see if anyone had posted any interesting stuff for them yet and I'll try it out if they have, but basically just spend more time on everyone I've got in the definitely column until I've narrowed it down as far as I can. While doing this I'll bounce out of practice mode and in to ladder or cpu fights to test and see how they work vs a moving target.. etc.

I spend, I dunno, 3-5 days doing this. Then I keep playing whoever I like well.enough and questioning my decisions on my main(s) for a couple weeks.

Then when the first tier list drops Ill immediately change to whoever appears to be broken and complain about everyone that's not my own character.

Hmm, most likely going into training mode for the first couple of hours to figure out what character(s) I'll end up devoting my time to. Afterwards I'll go play vs AI in whatever the Injustice 2 equivalent of towers are, just so that I can get a feel for my character in an actual match.

Then I'll go online and join the fray. My debate is whether I should even touch ranked during the first weeks or not.