What's new

First look at Nightwolf in game!

Comments

I don't want to be sound entitled but I've payed for the full package months ago, expecting a lot more by now based on past schedule for NRS games.
You paid for the KP which you knew was going to be released at some stage after the release of the game. Nothing more. It's on your head that you put down the money before knowing any more info.

While NRS/WB might be at fault for not divulging info earlier, there's nothing to say that they should have or had to. If it turns out that no one buys it because they didn't say anything, then that's their problem to solve... but there's people like you who put down the money without knowing anything... so who's really the one with the problems? You for paying for something you haven't received yet, or them who got your money for nothing to show?

I like the game as much as anyone else here, but i'm not going to throw my money at something i don't know what it might be (or for guest characters). Nor am i going to be complaining that it hasn't been released yet. There's other things to do in the game, or other games, or life .... wait a little longer and it will happen.

I don't understand why they can't tell us the release dates for the DLC characters. I mean, they gave a release date for the whole damn game months before its release - they can't be sure of the release date of ONE single character?

I think a lot of people would be less pissed off and disappointed if they knew from the get when each character (or at least, the only next one DLC char) would be released. For example, when Shang Tsung becomes available, there's a render/teaser for Nightwolf in the same day which gives us a date for his release. So fans immediately know when the next one is coming and temper their expectations accordingly.

This current marketing tactic is ass and it is actually putting off a lot of people based on what I read on You Tube and reddit.
I'd be willing to bet things changed after the "crunch" controversy. I think we'll see most dlc things take longer now.

Also, hard to commit to a release date schedule too far in advance when you don't have crunch time to lean on.

Get outta here with that crap, nightwolf doesn’t have to be female to appeal to people. Why not make noob female? Who started this idea anyways? Changing my mk3 baby boy into something he isn’t to fit some kind of made up agenda is just profound
Oh yea, please be more dramatic. Its such a bad thing to have a different oppinion than you.

Never liked Nightwolf so far, only characters i liked less are Stryker and Rain. A new interpretation of him might have helped me liking him more cuz the main reason i didnt like him was his design.

The idea came from "Nightwolf might be a title not a person". In this case him becoming female would make sense. How does this compare to making Noob a female? I doubt the Netherrealm has some gender swap machines for dead humans that became wraiths.

With that said, glad that you have the character you like back, i would still have prefered a female this time around. Nobody trying to steal your baby either because what other people want in a character doesnt cross my mind when i imagine how i want them.

This is why Yoda can't teach any of you...you have no patience. MK 11 is NOT MK X...let them take their time, you're entitled neither to info or pics until NRS shows you. You'll likely get a bunch shown at Evo so chill...

Man, why is everyone so hostile in this thread? It’s just Nightwolf. Calm down, people.
I think the disappointment comes from the fact that A) The character-every-two-months theory is starting to seem real (which kinda blows in itself), and B) people were used to a much faster DLC pace and begin to be put off by this new schedule.

Personally, I think that NRS should say from the get go 'Guys, keep in mind that DLC in MK11 will be arriving at a much slower pace than all our previous NRS fighting games', or something.

Many fans hate the silent treatment, and a couple of teases of Sindel and Nightwolf are starting to look like mocking rather than teasing.

Again, I have no (real) problem with DLC coming at a much slower pace. But for the love of fuck, NRS should come out and say this already. Give release dates to the players so that they have a basic idea when the DLCs will drop. Nothing more is needed. I prefer to know that I have to wait eight months for Spawn rather than hoping each day that I'll get a render/teaser/trailer.

Man, why is everyone so hostile in this thread? It’s just Nightwolf. Calm down, people.
Ya know, tbh, I guess Im just overwhelmingly disappointed in this design. Im sure there will be better skins, but the green glow is absent. His tomahawks arent conjured, they are physical wood and steel. Wood and stone/bone would be acceptable for gear, but still the conjured spirit axes were my preference.The whack head piece and shoulder pads are just really bad. Shang looks so cool that I guess I raised my hopes to an unrealistic standard. With no gameplay, I have literally only negatives to say about this aside from his face model actually looking Native. Maybe hell still conjure his bow, maybe hell have better gear, but rn Im turned off by my usual favorite character. Idk why they didnt go the Liu kang Route with everyone, staying as true to the source as possible while making them feel current.