What's new

Tech Finishing combos with 123 xx

Well, NRS will not allow any character to have easy unblockable set ups.

Aside from the start up, the trait is fine in my opinion. It allows him to set up his rush down game or reestablish his zoning game.
he has a million ways to get it out, its one of the best traits in the game, its sinestro and batman tier imo

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
he has a million ways to get it out, its one of the best traits in the game, its sinestro and batman tier imo
Agreed. Personally, I think it's better than Sinestro's but not quite as good as Batman's since it doesn't have ridiculous hit stun like Bats do. Thing is, it makes previously unsafe strings/specials completely safe AND you can Wraith Slash while blocking or advancing. I don't know why people say that it's too "slow" to get out. One hit confirm or one blocked Side Arm pistol shot is all you need.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Wraith is clashable. I tested it today with the AI on clash. The wraith slashed him, only to be clashed.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Wraith is clashable. I tested it today with the AI on clash. The wraith slashed him, only to be clashed.
I posted that on the first page.

And for a zoner to get that life lead and only lose a bar in the process is a pretty big deal. When Zod gets the life lead, you're in trouble. And all he needs is an MB Ground Blast to re-establish zoning.

Also, the 123 xx Wraith MB GB set up cannot be push blocked, and both MB GB and Wraith Grab are unclashable. Wraith Slash can be clashed.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yeah was think this myself i usually use 21 u2 ball as my bnb the reason i use that string is i can Hit confirm it to up 2 ball, or block string it with 3 into bf 3

but in anyway this string has alot more open and i think the runner up would be 2, 1, 3 as you can the demon gran from it and everything else

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
my only thing is what to do after the trait is in cooldown. unlike GA zods trait tales forever in a day to comeback again so this setup cant be done repeatidly. dont get me wrong i love it but what am i to do when im waiting for my trait again?
It really comes back quite quick. This is vs doomsdays trait( my main)
What I want to be doing while trait is down- instant air Zod ball zoning, get them to be afraid to move- if this is successful then you can move in to start a combo. Any jump in is gonna be over head. Lots of low starters.
If you can get them stuck in the f2,1u2 slow ball , jump 2 fastball dash jump 2, airball and on an on combo then your trait will be back before the combo ends. All the while you keep in mind your combo ender to get safe trait, and work toward the big Dmg while traits up.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
These are
I made a brief post on this earlier, but I'm going to repost and expand a bit, as well as make a video in the next day or so.

Zod's 123 string sets a hard knock down and the 3rd hit can be cancelled into any special. What this means is you can Wraith Summon safely, pushing the opponent a third of the screen away, with you at plus frames. From here, you can MB Ground Blast and the only way out is by jumping on wake up or using an advancing wake up attack like Doomsday Venom or Superman Flying Punch. If they jump, you have Wraith out and can slap them out of the air on reaction.

Expanding on the setup to MB DB2, if they block low, Wraith Slash them 3 times during the block stun of MB DB2. Wraith will recover from the third slash just as the final hit of MB DB2 hits their block, keeping you at +15, dealing about 10% in chip damage with you at fullscreen. Their vision will also be obscured by the smoke from MB Ground Blast, and you can Wraith Grab to end the string overhead, or Far Ground Laser again to end low.

For no additional meter, from a raw MB Ground Blast:
MB Ground Blast, Wraith Slash x 3, Wraith Grab, Full Charge Ground Blast, B3, J3, 3 xx Zod Charge: 51%

You can raw Wraith Grab overhead, but you can't do it as soon as they wake up, so they will be able to escape, but with your Wraith keeping them in check.

I honestly think ending on 123 xx Wraith Summon is going to be as integral to Zod as it is to Green Arrow ending his combos with 33 xx Freeze Arrow.

EDIT:
Ending with D12 sets the same spacing, and is also a hard knockdown (why, I don't know) so a hit confirm of 112 1+3, dash, D12 will now give you an option into this set up. Also just checking them with D12 xx Wraith on hit will push them into the Wraith Trap.

Discuss.

Props to RizRaz for the Full Charge Ground Blast combo extended in the Wraith Trap.
These are great. I think this character has some nice depth.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I made a brief post on this earlier, but I'm going to repost and expand a bit, as well as make a video in the next day or so.

Zod's 123 string sets a hard knock down and the 3rd hit can be cancelled into any special. What this means is you can Wraith Summon safely, pushing the opponent a third of the screen away, with you at plus frames. From here, you can MB Ground Blast and the only way out is by jumping on wake up or using an advancing wake up attack like Doomsday Venom or Superman Flying Punch. If they jump, you have Wraith out and can slap them out of the air on reaction.

Expanding on the setup to MB DB2, if they block low, Wraith Slash them 3 times during the block stun of MB DB2. Wraith will recover from the third slash just as the final hit of MB DB2 hits their block, keeping you at +15, dealing about 10% in chip damage with you at fullscreen. Their vision will also be obscured by the smoke from MB Ground Blast, and you can Wraith Grab to end the string overhead, or Far Ground Laser again to end low.

For no additional meter, from a raw MB Ground Blast:
MB Ground Blast, Wraith Slash x 3, Wraith Grab, Full Charge Ground Blast, B3, J3, 3 xx Zod Charge: 51%

You can raw Wraith Grab overhead, but you can't do it as soon as they wake up, so they will be able to escape, but with your Wraith keeping them in check.

I honestly think ending on 123 xx Wraith Summon is going to be as integral to Zod as it is to Green Arrow ending his combos with 33 xx Freeze Arrow.

EDIT:
Ending with D12 sets the same spacing, and is also a hard knockdown (why, I don't know) so a hit confirm of 112 1+3, dash, D12 will now give you an option into this set up. Also just checking them with D12 xx Wraith on hit will push them into the Wraith Trap.

Discuss.

Props to RizRaz for the Full Charge Ground Blast combo extended in the Wraith Trap.
I didn't know about 1121+3 dash d12 nor that d12 was a hard knockdown
Or after grab u can do ground charge to b3 :)
Thanks!!!

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I didn't know about 1121+3 dash d12 nor that d12 was a hard knockdown
Or after grab u can do ground charge to b3 :)
Thanks!!!
Gonna add it to the first post, but if you end 1121+3 with D1 xx Trait it also sets a hard knockdown, but this time within ambiguous J3 territory with trait as back up. This could be pretty big, since it's coming off 112, a hit confirm string that's plus on block.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Gonna add it to the first post, but if you end 1121+3 with D1 xx Trait it also sets a hard knockdown, but this time within ambiguous J3 territory with trait as back up. This could be pretty big, since it's coming off 112, a hit confirm string that's plus on block.
So we need to figure out how when where to use 1121+3

Won't work as a rush down (it's a high, typically highs aren't good for rush down)
It will work as a punish (doomsday reg shoulder)

Can 1121+3 be used after a launcher into d1 trait?

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
So we need to figure out how when where to use 1121+3

Won't work as a rush down (it's a high, typically highs aren't good for rush down)
It will work as a punish (doomsday reg shoulder)

Can 1121+3 be used after a launcher into d1 trait?
1121+3 dash to follow up is a standalone combo. If you use it after any juggle point, you lose the bounce after the throw. 1121+3 will pretty much be a checking string as mentioned. If our standing 1 wasn't so shit at 9F, it might be different.

Swoops

Noob
Disaster FX
AK Pig Of The Hut

Expanding on this stuff if you guys are interested:

Like the combo follow up to fullscreen MB ground blast, 112,1+3 can lead into 12, then d1/d12/123 for a pretty beefy combo. Or you can do: 112,1+3 dash 12 xx close MB GB, j3 123 xx Zod charge for like 37%. You can also stick in a b3 after the MB GB but its super finicky.

Also, you can sub out the high-starting 112 for 22,1+3. Harder to confirm, and it's only +1 on block as opposed to the +5, but the fact that it's mid is hard to ignore.