What's new

Finally Got It! - UMK3 Dedicated Arcade Machine

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
I finally picked up my holy grail of arcade machines... The UMK3 Dedicated Arcade Machine. This particular UMK3 machine is the version that came with an amazing sound system. I recently moved, and this was a house warming gift to me...From me lol.

My arcade collection gets bigger and bigger as time goes on, but this is one I have been trying to get a hold of. I think my next arcade buy will be the original Killer Instinct in a dedicated cabinet with Spinal on the side art. Its just sick. Anyways, this UMK3 machine was definitely a good purchase. I put it in my new bedroom in my new house and it fits very nicely.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
thats awesome brotha, that sound system used to drown out every other game at the arcade i used to go to growing up lol

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
thats awesome brotha, that sound system used to drown out every other game at the arcade i used to go to growing up lol
Yeah lol, there is a version with a normal sound system, and there is this version with nice bass and beautiful treble. Even at full volume, even though its so loud it hurts your ears, the sound is still pristine on this machine. You can tell the difference in regular UMK3 machines and the ones with the sound systems because the ones with the sound system is bigger from the back to the front, as you can see in my pictures.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
That's awesome man. I also have some cabinets and a dedicated UMK3 is my favorite. They're not easy to come by in good condition since most arcades just converted old MK 2 cabs.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
That's awesome man. I also have some cabinets and a dedicated UMK3 is my favorite. They're not easy to come by in good condition since most arcades just converted old MK 2 cabs.
Thanks 16 Bit. When you say they're not easy to come by in good condition, that is 100% correct. I have been looking for one of these for a long time, and every time I would come across one, it would either be really beat up, or it would not be a dedicated cabinet, and as much as I wanted it, I had to pass on buying one every time this happened, but now I am really glad I did, as this machine is in great condition for its age.

Now, as much as I want a KI dedicated cabinet, I found a really sexy MK2 dedicated cabinet last night for a good price, so I might just go ahead and get it. This was my first arcade buy in over 2 years, and now that I have it, its addicting lol, I want more.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Daaamn Tyler, that is one bitching cabinet! I'm curious as to how much you paid for that sob?
I paid right at $850, and that covered delivery and a 3 year warranty that covers all insides of the machine. For one in such good condition, that is pretty good, as I have seen them go on Ebay for a few hundred more. Also, there has not been one of these on Ebay at all in a while. You can find the Jamma board for the cabinets, but a full dedicated working cabinet has not been on Ebay in a while.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Damn! Thats a keeper right there dood. I'd love to hear the audio, I loved the klassic "Finish Him!" "Round 1" "Excellent" and so on. Congrats!

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Sick bro look at the condition it's in. How much that cost you? I always see mk2 cabbys on Craig's list for 150 - 200 bucks canadian
If they want $200 bucks for it, its probably not a dedicated cabinet. It would probably be an all black cabinet with a control panel that was not even made for MK, probably a 3 button under 3 button lay out, which is used for all Capcom fighting games. You can get a decent MK2 dedicated cabinet for about $600, but I don't know the exchange rate for Canadian money either, so that might have something to do with it. I don't think the exchange rate is much though. Anyways, as stated above, I paid $850 for this UMK3 cabinet and to me, its worth every penny.

Nice, the sideart looks really good on it. That's the thing a lot of people don't realize, is that when it really comes down to it the sideart is the most expensive part of the cabinet. You can find Midway cabinets with monitors, gutted, for like 75-100$ but new sideart alone costs like $250+.

It's hard to find cabs sideart on the base still in tact, good shit.
Exactly, thats the hard part, finding one with nice sideart. This one has perfect sideart, and that was what sold me on it, even at $850.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
this makes me want to hang on to my megacab... LOL

Get that maintenance done then throw a party! lmao

Reactions: ZAQ