What's new

Final wild predictions for The Reveal event?

Gamer68

Fujin!
We are less than 24 hours away from "The Reveal" event for Mortal Kombat 11. There is has been a lot of speculation since the game was announced, and many discussions about what characters, story elements, etc, are more likely to happen. Of course tomorrow won't reveal everything about the game and we will have to wait later for even more reveals, or even until the game comes out to experience the full story, but I'm sure we will know a LOT more about the game around this time tomorrow. So with that being said...

This thread is so you can place your FINAL wild predictions for The Reveal. I suppose there is nothing stopping you from making a safe bet if you want, but I think it would be more fun to try to guess something that seems unlikely to happen.

I'll give my bets:
  • Custom Variations are available for competitive play.
  • 10 characters playable in the current build, with 1 or more revealed/teased but not in the build yet.
  • The Orderrealm is in the story.
  • Kronika is neutral (not good or bad), isn't the main villain of the game. Neither is Raiden.
  • Hotaru is confirmed.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
  • Adding to your post, I think Custom Variations will not only be available in competitive play, but will also be a central part of it. Picking the right combination of moves for the right matchups, etc.
  • Ronda Rousey will indeed be playing Sonya, but despite that Sonya's still not going to be playable.

Gamer68

Fujin!
The projectiles will collide with each other.
I actually really hope this happens.

Zoning and fireball battles in other fighting games I don't mind, but in NRS games they are just so unsatisfying to play or watch. Watching two Starfire players just constantly trade laser beams is it bit boring to me...

Zaccel

Noob
1.) Owing to time-travel shenanigans, Hanzo is "sitting out" chunks of the plot, with Takeda filling in as a partly-new Scorpion.

2.) Reptile will get his tail and acid sac. It seems whatever technical difficulties they had with it in MKX were ironed out with Alien, so here's hoping.

3.) Customization will be strictly visual. No selection of specials, variation stuff, etc. This may be a way for fans to get "old/new" Scorpion, or human/lizard Reptile at their leisure, and remove the ultimately-unnecessary complication of variations on character matchups.

4.) The NRS form of "auto-guard" allowing you to block during frame advantage will be removed, but advantage frames will be adjusted to account for this. "Kombat Krush" may be a form of counter-hit intended to facilitate this, with an "X-Ray" effect making it easier to visually hit-confirm.

5.) The soundtrack will be slightly better this time around. One stage will become popular in tournament play for being catchy.

6.) At least one character killed in the MKX comics will become playable (again owing to time travel shenanigans).

7.) One new character from MKX will be a no-show, whilst one character from the 3D era will return and become an unexpected fan-favorite.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
My prediction..... The Show Match players were chosen for their character choices. So either their "mains" are going to be back in the game... or someone that plays exactly like them.

I'm calling
  • D'Vorah
  • Takeda Takahashi
At least being day 0 roster slots!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Fujin will be confirmed or one of the character reveals

Kronika will have a cool move where she can rewind time somehow and thus get her health back, this however may be limited a certain amount of times per match, use of 2 bars of meter.

We'll have more freedom cosmetically with the characters, more than I2 not just shaders, costumes but literally the option to color every little thing or pieces to our hearts desires.

E

Eldriken

Kitana 'Fan-nado'. These defensive powers exist to interrupt projectiles. If we can simply block them by clashing projectiles, whats the point?
Who's to say she'll even have that? Also, not many characters had a reflect, so that wasn't even a baseline defensive option.

An inherit defensive option all characters have is blocking, jumping or neutral ducking as most projectiles are highs.

I wouldn't use something as uncommon as a reflect as a basis for your argument. Even if projectiles can collide, they're likely not always going to because projectile speeds aren't static throughout the cast.

Who's to say she'll even have that? Also, not many characters had a reflect, so that wasn't even a baseline defensive option.

An inherit defensive option all characters have is blocking, jumping or neutral ducking as most projectiles are highs.

I wouldn't use something as uncommon as a reflect as a basis for your argument. Even if projectiles can collide, they're likely not always going to because projectile speeds aren't static throughout the cast.
And whos to say she wouldn't. NRS are not scared of defensive abilites, even on IJ2 there were plenty. NRS could go either way. If they allow collision to block projectiles then I very much doubt we'll see anything defensive like shields.

I'm not against the idea, I just don't want everyones abilities to just be projectile focused.