What's new

FINAL ROUND XIV March 11-13, 2011 Atlanta, Ga. - UMK3!

Originally posted here: http://shoryuken.com/f7/final-round-xiv-march-11-13-2011-atlanta-ga-248676/

FINAL ROUND XIV

Friday, March 11, 2011 - Sunday, March 13, 2011

Location Hilton Atlanta Airport
1031 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA

It's on once again people to bring to you the 14th installment of the longest running Fighting game tournament on the east coast! That's right folks Final Round is back for another year and this year we are going to make this an event you won't want to miss. We are moving to a new location for FR14. (i'm sorry justin Wong there's no tofu house near the new location) The Hilton Ballroom is a serious upgrade from the old hotel ballroom.

We have a EMS member "Scott Popular" aka "Negro Install" running a japanese ranbat tournament called FinalRoundBats and the winner of the finalroundbats in SSF4 will represent Japan at FR14. Great players like tokido and mago are recent winners of finalroundbats and I can't wait to see who comes to FR14.

There's are only 5 games (out of 8 ) that are comfirmed.

Tekken6
Super StreetFighter 4
BlazeBlu:CS
MeltyBlood:AA
SF2ST HDremix

Fugee spoke to Larry and he gave the OK for UMK3/MK2 to be ran at Final Round 14. Friday is going to be the only open day for them because SSF4, Tekken and MVC3 are probably going to eat up SAT&SUN. They are planning on running 2 streams this year and he said UMK3 will get some love on one of them.

FR2011 will not have more than 8 official games played this year. That doesn't mean there won't be a slight chance for unofficial games at FR14, but most likely only team tournaments will be added outside of the 8 official games. All team tournaments and unofficial tournaments will only happen on FRIDAY!

This year we are very excited to have TEAM SPOOKY as the our streaming host for FR14. The quality and production of their streams are well known throughout the FGC and now they will be broadcasting FR14 for all of the stream monsters! Get hyped!!!!!!!!!

Click here to see team spooky website: http://iplaywinner.com/"]Team Sp00ky[/url]

Here's a trailer 1st FR14

It's time to get HYPED!!!!!

http://www.finalround.org/ Click the link to the left or go under the "Events" option at the top to get to the FR14 Sub Menu and click "Register." Registration is pretty much the same as last year except for a few key points:

1) We are now taking pre-reg for GAMES AND BADGES!

2) THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION DURING THE EVENT ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY THIS YEAR. We're trying to expedite all of this to make it a little easier for everyone. The only line you'll have to wait in is the one to get your badge, which will be the same one to get into the event, which should now move way faster! There will be a registration period on Friday from 9am until 12:00 NOON, so if you can't get access to PayPal or a credit or debit card to pay securely online, you will have to register at the door on Friday! So pre-register online ASAP!

3) There is no more "pre-reg" list, as now in order to pre-register, you must also pay. We will start a "Who's Coming" thread in the forums to serve this purpose.

As usual, this is a manual process, so please allow up to 48 hours for your status to update - you will be able to see what games you have pre-registered and paid for. Contact me on the forums or through PM if there are any questions. Thanks!

Also be advised that we have an "EARLY BIRD" special entry badge fee of $25.00 (at the door will be $40) going on until October 31, 2010. Please take advantage of this great deal for your entry badges for FR14 while it still last. Holloween will be here before you know it folks! FR14 will be here before you know it and the hype is starting to build. Don't miss out on the start of the 2011 Major Tournament season at FR14! See ya in March Shawty!

-----

UMK3 will be run on Friday. As of right now I can only have plans of UMK3 on an XB360. If I can find someone who has a decent PC and MAME with UMK3 and MK2, that's obviously what I'll use.

Unofficial list of possible players:

UMK3:
1. OJuggernautO
2. subzerosmokerain
3. Marvirrasta
4. Techn9ne
5. Tim Static
6. STORMS
7. Li Joe
8. Rolltide
9. GoldenOreos
10. Fugee
11. Sweet Johnny Cage
12. Sugar/Derek
13. DC HUSTLE
14. Pig of the hut
15. Tom Brady
16. AC1984
17. xAKxRoyal Flush

Tim Static

Adminerator
I will try my hardest to be there, so if I can, we'll do Mame. COME ON PEEPS, LETS SUPPORT UMK3 and JUGGS TOO!!!

S

SuGaR

A week after my 21st? Absolutely possible. =D Put me on the list. I hear there's going to be a tourny in SoCal in Feb so I might hit that one too.

Good shit guys, if we can get Sugar and Hustle along with the MK crew from the North that would be amazing!

Shaney, where you at fool.

UMK3:
1. OJuggernautO
2. subzerosmokerain
3. Marvirrasta
4. Techn9ne
5. Tim Static
6. STORMS
7. Li Joe
8. Rolltide
9. GoldenOreos
10. Fugee
11. Sweet Johnny Cage
12. Sugar/Derek
13. DC HUSTLE
14. Pig of the hut
15. Tom Brady
16. AC1984
17. xAKxRoyal Flush

Dreamcatcher said:
If Shaney goes, I'll go.
What does Shaney have to do with you going? Just come anyway. Especially since you hate when people make excuses. They can't make excuses for losing at an offline tourney.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
What does Shaney have to do with you going? Just come anyway. Especially since you hate when people make excuses. They can't make excuses for losing at an offline tourney.
The way things are going in my life, it seems like playing this game is exactly what I have been missing man. Not gonna lie.

I was saying it would be cool if Shaney could tag along because a lot of the old XBL crew would be reunited offline.

Hey can a mod clean this thread?

yugimonz, It would be great if you could make it. I hope all local players come out even if you don't even know how to play UMK3. You have to experience an offline tournament and the atmosphere, seriously one of the most fun things I've experienced as far as gaming goes.

Dreamcatcher said:
The way things are going in my life, it seems like playing this game is exactly what I have been missing man. Not gonna lie.

I was saying it would be cool if Shaney could tag along because a lot of the old XBL crew would be reunited offline.
Trust me, you will have an amazing time at a tournament. Being around cool people who enjoy the same game you do is really awesome to see. Playing offline is AMAZING, I was losing a lot in casuals and didn't care at all. I had no excuses, which makes me a way better player when I can't blame my losses on something other than myself. My game improved a lot at NECXI, I'm not even going to lie. The the whole experience will fly bye, it's just too fun. You NEED to go regardless if Shaney goes, or anyone for that matter. It's just something you don't want to miss.

hey when are they running tekken 6, that would be the main game i would consider going for. but if i went i would play sum umk3 for sure even if i don't play it n e more

i'll think about going since its a hop skip and jump away (5 hours) and its ATL Ho!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
OJuggernaut0 said:
Trust me, you will have an amazing time at a tournament. Being around cool people who enjoy the same game you do is really awesome to see. Playing offline is AMAZING, I was losing a lot in casuals and didn't care at all. I had no excuses, which makes me a way better player when I can't blame my losses on something other than myself. My game improved a lot at NECXI, I'm not even going to lie. The the whole experience will fly bye, it's just too fun. You NEED to go regardless if Shaney goes, or anyone for that matter. It's just something you don't want to miss.
Well I didn't want to miss Season's Beatings 3, 4, or ECT2 but I did. I will honestly try as hard as I can to make it to one of these things. But like I said, I would especially enjoy making one where some familiar XBL faces are going.

More than likely I'll be there. If possible playing both mk2 and umk3. Hopefully we can get umk3 on mame, I really suck on an Xbox controller lol.

Are alot of you umk3 players interested in mk2 as well. I would hate to travel down there only to find out that mk2 didn't spark any interest, and end up having to play umk3, which i've never played.

Tim Static

Adminerator
yugimonz said:
More than likely I'll be there. If possible playing both mk2 and umk3. Hopefully we can get umk3 on mame, I really suck on an Xbox controller lol.
I would strongly suggest Juggs buy 2 of those x-converters as back up plan just in case mame doesnt work.

or maybe get some people to help pay for them, but they arent that expensive. I need to order 2 of them and the PS2=>PS3 converters they make too (inpin)

Well I was gonna suggest I can bring my pc tower If someone can bring a nice enough monitor. My pc specs are Win 7 Home Edition HP AMD Athlon II X2 240 Processor 2.80 HGz with 5gig of Ram on a 64 bit OS. I mean I could maybe talk my room mate into letting me borrow his 19inch Dell flatscreen. I would bring my 24 inch plasma screen but it's the only monitor I have that my mom can read on. She'd kill me. OR I could bring my T.V. it has an HDMI port that would hook into my pc. Oh and which version of mame should we use?