What's new

Final Round schedule and format discussion. Everyone going please weigh in!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Myself and a few others have been critical of the plan to run all of MK, from pools to top 8, on Sunday. Pig is open to feedback. Please speak up if you feel strongly about this one way or another.

This is the video were Pig and Fly announce the schedule and give their motivation:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?2407-Final-Round-Mortal-Kombat-to-Get-the-Attention-it-Deserves-Pig-of-the-Hut

We debate the pros and cons of this on the latest podcast:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?2414-Kombat-Tomb-Podcast-Ep.-9-w-K7-Slips-16-Bit-Special-Guest-Pig-of-the-Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Quick Pros for having all pools/top 8 on Sunday:

- Most matches will guaranteed to be streamed
- More time fri and sat to hang w competitors

Quick Cons for Sunday:

- The amount of sand bagging till sunday will be ungodly
- The list of competitors and is an absolute GAUNTLET to go through all in one day

Quick pros for spreading pools out:

- more relaxed format
- minimal sand bagging
- gauntlet is now spread out for top 8 achievers

Quick Cons for spreading pools out
- No guaranteed stream , more than likely none till top 8

EDIT: Im looking into an alternate way to fund/stream pools fri-sat with lord of the fly if we were to change the format.

PLEASE PROVIDE INPUT IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
As a "stream chat monster" as Pig describes me, I feel like the only true benefit of a Sunday-only tournament is the stream. In my opinion, the focus should be more on making sure the experience is good for the participants. As long as we aren't 100% stream-less for the whole weekend, that's not what determines the strength of our community.

You also have to take into consideration the people who have school. This would make the tournament a bit easier for some (assuming a normal schedule would have a relatively early MK top 8)

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
While this is somewhat of an option C; I do feel this format is quite the happy medium. While you want to provide everything possible for those who are looking forward to watching from home - you also want to make sure that those who made time to travel from across the country get the best tournament experience possible.

Since Final Found is appearing to have around 100 Mortal Kombat entrants, I believe we should run 8 pools instead of the standard 4. What this would do is create a two day tournament (with Friday as 100% casuals). On Saturday the 8 pools would run, 2 at a time. While the matches can still be recorded, none of these would be streamed. Sunday would feature a top 16 instead of top 8. This achieves the goal of having more high profile matches streamed for those who could not make it. However at the same time we are creating an near optimal tournament experience for everyone who goes.

Regardless of what happens, I have the utmost respect for those involved in creating this years FR by showcasing how much they care about the communities opinion. I'm sure that FR will be an amazing tournament, and I highly look forward to attending.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I'm also deliberating coming to this.
Their are pros and cons to both but if the tourny is only on Sunday, the amount of trolling and sandbagging on Friday and Saturday will be disgusting.

Pig Of The Hut

Update:

I'm looking in to streaming all pools w a wireless 4g or "CLEAR" connection uncapped data ONLY if the change were being made to where pools are spread.

Also will discuss w shin Blanka today and share swift Tom hanks idea

Pig Of The Hut

Set in stone:

All pools Sunday starting at 10am

most likely 4 pools of 32

Seems like 15 of the top 20 players ( ) are coming (do the math thats like 4 of them per pool)

Bracket will be finalized Frday @ 2pm-3pm

Ill find out when POOL assignments will be released to all participants so you will know who is in your pool, your time , etc etc

Ill probably do a video to cover all info mid Feb leading up