What's new

Final Round 2014 Injustice Pools Released *UPDATED 3/11*

haketh

Noob
I'm sorry to whoever this offends, but 16 bit is 100% right in this
Seems most of it has to do with people being in multiple games, not much can be done sadly.

I do think people are complaining to much about such and such placed at so and so tournament why are they in pools together. Just play em, beat em, and move on.

Reactions: gdf

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Yea my pool wouldnt have made sense without Deg in it. Would have had 0 top 8 placers. Things look pretty decent now IMO. All i really cared about was the AK guys being in the same pool cause that was nonsense.

The Duke

SCF The Duke
That is complete bullshit for Pool 12.
To many fucking Bruce Wayne's.
I'm gonna act like a black person if I have to put up with Batrangs/ J2.

This has totally killed my hype all together.

Skate Bravo

Music Producer | Xbl - Skate Bravo
Im coming for everyone's head when i get there Saturday. i play in the dead pools, but got damn i got alotta competition ahead of me when i make it out of there sheessh. :confused::oops:;)

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I understood the problem with the same offline scenes in the same pool, but complaining about people that have made top 8 in the past being in the same pool? Since when did that become a problem/thing? It's a 1 vs 1 fighting game and everyone attending is competitive. Trying to separate "top 8" placers could make the top 16/8 very predictable and boring. Correct me if I'm wrong, but winning or placing high at a tournament shouldn't be easy. It should should be difficult...right? idk

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
They're better but there's still pools with multiple top 8 placers then some with none or guys who haven't placed in months. The NEC champion vs SCR top 8 placer before top 32. Two WB placers in one pool. Meanwhile pools like 12, 3 and 4 have no top placers. Just makes no sense.
They are no longer doing the "late reg death pool" so the late reg killers will be put in to these pools.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Unbelievable

From now on I'm a huge fan of on site registration

Unbelievable - makes me look like an idiot
Not really, even though the late reg pool got overruled (which I tried to implement but pool guys didn't agree to it), there is still a lot less work staff has to do day of the event.

So no it doesn't really make you look like an idiot, instead you lifted a bunch of weight off the shoulders of TOs igau pool morning

Urban Dictionary has not helped..
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/sell+a+bill+of+goods

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Not really, even though the late reg pool got overruled (which I tried to implement but pool guys didn't agree to it), there is still a lot less work staff has to do day of the event.

So no it doesn't really make you look like an idiot, instead you lifted a bunch of weight off the shoulders of TOs igau pool morning

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/sell a bill of goods
The way I see it is I came up w a couple really good ideas to energize pre registration and it was agreed upon by shin the consequences of not pre registering - so then I made a thread about it and turns out it was a lie to get people scared so they would pre register and sell more hotel rooms and badges

Am I seeing this right?

Jim

Emperor of the Moon

I don't think the point was to make things easier for TO's, it was to make a better tournament for the players. It's nice things are easier for you but doesn't really help with what Pig wanted (or at least my interpretation of what I thought he was going for)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The way I see it is I came up w a couple really good ideas to energize pre registration and it was agreed upon by shin the consequences of not pre registering - so then I made a thread about it and turns out it was a lie to get people scared so they would pre register and sell more hotel rooms and badges

Am I seeing this right?
You could still make guys face each other early even without having all on-site entrants in the same pool -- so all is not lost :)

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?

Am I seeing this right?
You're adding more than i'm saying. I'm just saying that the idea of the death pools was turned down by the guys who run the pools. I don't know anything more than that, so I'm just gonna back out now guys.

Have fun at FR, it will be a hard core tournament with a lot of players. I am sure NO one will get "an easy win". Even if they get out of their tiny 6/7 man pool... top 32 will be fucking nuts.