What's new

Final Fantasy XIII thread

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Post if you have the game, your thoughts, and how far you are.

I'm on chapter 3 and loving it so far!

final fantasy 13 thread

I know Bo_Dk does, he's probs too busy playing it to post on here :p
I really want to get it!

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
final fantasy 13 thread

I like RPG's but I dont like FF so I wont be getting it.

final fantasy 13 thread

I would kill to get it but my wife would kill me now days. I already play too many games :( FF's just suck up all of my life for months :(

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
final fantasy 13 thread

I'm pretty far into this thing (30 hours) and I have to say that overall I'm a bit disappointed. In terms of graphics and music, this is by far the best Final Fantasy of all time. The combat isn't too bad either; nice approach to battle. I think Square took out too many staples in the franchise that people can automatically relate to FF or any RPG for that matter. There are no towns to visit and exploration is all but forbidden until you reach chapter 11 (13 chapters in the game). I'll go for the platinum trophy, but once I've gotten it I'll be selling this game. Can't believe I just said that about the game I basically bought a PS3 for.

I recommend renting the game first and seeing if it's for you before buying.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I've always loved exploring and visiting towns in RPGs, it's probably my favorite thing to do in a lot of games. This is why I love Fallout 3 so much, it's just so open ended for anyone.

Fallout 3 rocks, can't wait for New Vegas. Then I hear rumor of Fallout 4 so. As for FF I've loved FF since the first one on nintendo, I'd have to say my fav is probably 3, I just though Kefka was bad ass lol. I was gonna buy this last night but I was short by like 5 bucks, So instead I'm just gonna go buy it used at Gamestop or somwhere similar. Usually I can trade in about 3 ps3 games and a little cash. But I'm def waiting till I get GOW3.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm on the verge of beating FF13. I'll let you know if the ending does the game justice.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just beat it. Utter disappointment. This game was hyped to no end, and it completely FAILED.

Rent this game if you must, but stay away from buying.

dciguy01 said:
Just beat it. Utter disappointment. This game was hyped to no end, and it completely FAILED.

Rent this game if you must, but stay away from buying.
Thats a real shame :( The previous FF games have always left me wanting more...which is why I then try doing all the bonus shit :p

Any idea how FFXIII compares to FF versus XIII?

im disappointed from start to not even finish.

i think in some form that it's my own fault for hyping this game up so much that it seemed like i was going to be a let down.

and boy was i right.

i'd have to agree that the environments were fantastic to no end.

but to me this felt like an interactive movie. more than an actual rpg.

i honestly felt that square released a game where graphics display were priority and the gameplay was secondary.

i mean who want's to hit auto battle every single match?
with the exception of changing roles, i felt left out and cheated.

sold this game and bought myself 4000 points.

Bo_DK

Noob
IceyTruth said:
I know Bo_Dk does, he's probs too busy playing it to post on here :p
I really want to get it!
HAAA

You were right. That was back when i had brief moments of enjoyment for this game:)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I have only one trophy left to Platinum this game and I said FUCK IT. The game was too monotonous to even try.

I have this game on 360. I unlocked every achievement except for that Treasure Hunter (held every weapon and accessory). I'm working on it now.

If anyone wants suggestions on how to beat a certain mission or boss or achievement, I can try to help if I can remember how I did it.

Even though I have been playing this game like crazy I'm still somewhat disappointed in it. The 2 and a half discs of linear gameplay is really annoying and I don't like the way that the AI controlled characters do whatever action they feel like doing at the moment.