What's new

Final Character Select Screen Confirmed

Yea same here. In a game where a father can murder his child................i mean that is a little....fucked up.
Is it that different from the game's that had both Sindel and Kitana on the roster though?

At least, the ones where they were both on the side of good anyway. Obviously in MK3 and MK9 Sindel is under Shao Kahn's control.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Too many special forces (7 out of 24 if you count Kenshi na Takeda in).
Shaolin: 4
Brotherhood: 2
Black Dragon: 1
Lin Kuei: 1 (wtf!!!!!!!!?:mad:)
Others: 9.
I most enjoyed playing fighters who could be associated with Lin Kuei and Brotherhood + 1 Shaolin (Raiden). Not a big fan of Edenians, and even lesser fan of Special Forces type of character. I have some reasons there to be salty about the roster. Luckily my main is in and ... you know... PREDATOR. So I won't be complaining... that much.

Nymesis

Noob
I love the roster. I see it as a passing of the torch for the older characters, but done in the right way *cough* soul caliber *cough*. I do wish Fujin would be in or at least a goddamn robot!!

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah I know random select was an option, just that there wasn't a button :p
I think the fact that a lot of people didn't realize (or were just confused about) Injustice (and MK9) had a random select is the reason its been made so prevalent. Every other fighter has a big box on the screen and it seems like they are casting the widest net possible.

JDM

Noob
I am 120% certain Fujin will be martian status. By that I mean he will be requested so much after kombat pack 1 NRS will put him in the game. They have his model, they have annimations in story, they have his voice, etc. NO REASON to exclude the wind god this time NRS.
This. He screams Martian status. there's no doubt in my mind he will be in this game and very likely to be the first dlc character in a new season pass.

Nightwolf was pictured in the mobile cards. That was the only one I saw that is not in the console roster.

Nightwolf is the unlockable character.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Hmm, a few interesting things from looking at this roster image:

1. If you didn't pre-order or buy Goro, will the box just be grey forever?
2. If Shinnok is the unlockable character from story, why have him on the bottom left? Seems awkward.
3. Why put a "?" for random select, if you have a random select in the options before you select your character?
4. The bottom row of characters don't "on the surface" share any relation to one another. Why? What is going on here?
5. Will the alt costumes appear live on the screen or only after the match? (this may have been shown, I could have missed it)

Reactions: Zev

Nymesis

Noob

2. If Shinnok is the unlockable character from story, why have him on the bottom left? Seems awkward.
3. Why put a "?" for random select, if you have a random select in the options before you select your character?
4. The bottom row of characters don't "on the surface" share any relation to one another. Why? What is going on here?
5. Will the alt costumes appear live on the screen or only after the match? (this may have been shown, I could have missed it)
The alt costumes could be like it was on MK9, you'll have to hit start instead of X or A when picking your character

NRS and Boon have said if you don't pre-order Goro will be available at a later date as DLC

Gamer68

Fujin!

1. Most likely; which IS going to suck for people who didn't get him... He will just be sitting there... taunting you...
  2. Not really. There will be two locked characters in each bottom corner (a story unlockable; Shinnok, and DLC; Goro).
  3. Maybe Random Select isn't in Player Options anymore. It would be really weird to do that, but they needed that extra slot to make everything fit correctly (that way there isn't a blank slot in one of the corners or something). Or... maybe it will just be there until you unlock a Secret Character? Seems kinda unlikely at this point, but I'm sure it's possible.
  4. It just ended up that way. But there are still some things that match up: Ermac and Reptile are ninjas, Johnny is Raiden's champion, Shinnok and Goro were bosses in MK4, etc. Also, above Johnny is Sonya (his wife/ex wife), above Liu Kang is Kitana (both seem to like each other), and above Kano is Jax (both are enemies of each-other).
  5. Yes, it will display the costume live after selecting it. They showed this off using Johnny Cage's Ninja Mime costume.
EDIT: Posted incorrect information on 5. Changed it and posted correct info.

Last edited:

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
so did they straight up say on the stream, "this is the final roster" or just show us but make no comments about it?

Gamer68

Fujin!
so did they straight up say on the stream, "this is the final roster" or just show us but make no comments about it?
When Derek was going to the select screen for the first time, he said he had to take a minute because they were showing the "Full roster" or something like that.

They straight up said, "We can now show you the final character select screen". The stream archive is up, it's on the Mortal Kombat Community youtube page.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Is it that different from the game's that had both Sindel and Kitana on the roster though?

At least, the ones where they were both on the side of good anyway. Obviously in MK3 and MK9 Sindel is under Shao Kahn's control.
Sindel is practically a zombie brought back to life by Kahn. This is a little different lol

trufenix

bye felicia
Sindel is practically a zombie brought back to life by Kahn. This is a little different lol
Are you really going to take the stance that friends and allies brutally disemboweling each other is fine but the second it involves family it crosses the line? How bout we just drop the act where the game about murder has or ever had a moral compass, k?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Are you really going to take the stance that friends and allies brutally disemboweling each other is fine but the second it involves family it crosses the line? How bout we just drop the act where the game about murder has a moral compass, k?
Yes, absolutely. Do you have any kids? It's a line they shouldn't have even crossed. It's Mortal Kombat, not Happy Family Game night. Will I still play it? Of course, but it's totally stupid imo.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
I cant be the only person who thinks the Roster Layout looks lame as hell. I mean, its not KI bad looking (how do you make a worse layout when the original was so good?) but it definitely feels like a step down next how nice MK9's was (at least if youre not too focused on scrolling through dlc fighters).