What's new

Question Fighting against Rushers/Pressure as Aquaman?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I still have trouble under pressure from people like Nightwing or Flash and those types, when they are up in my face. Whats the best thing to do when they are just chipping away at you in your face and youre blocking? and just in general up close.

And what wakeup attacks are good for him, when they are up close especially?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
When I finally get in as Bane I feel like you should just let me hit you for a few minutes.

Push block is a good get off me move.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Definitely my trait once they hit me for sure. Whenever I try even a b2 poke after i block it seems like always keep slapping me.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Aquaman does have dat 6 frame d1 as well. You could cancel it into trident scoop or trident rush if you feel like taking a risk.

Aquaman's strength is keeping rush down characters from getting in close. Use the range of your normals and the push back of df1 to keep them at a distance that favors you. When in close, use b1,2 for pressure and starting up the mixup games. Don't forget about watershield mixups after 2,2.

CRKFIEND

Noob
his best option is block/trait on wake up. after their string has completed, go in for a low poke. IF the low poke connects, you get a free 50/50 combo starter... If it doesn't connect - i dunno.... low poke again.

Low starter B1, 2
Overhead starter F1, 3

1. Trait or 2. B12 Water Shield*explosion if projectile or incoming attack*
Trait would be the obvious choice as it allows you to drop out off a mid combo but then you have the low combo starter with that water shield special which is amazingly good for counterzoners and have okay recovery *don't want to get caught in the startup frames*.

As much as I hear people complain about the trait even after the tweak, use it to its full advantage. It doesn't matter if you are being rushed or not. Water trait, MB B3 opens a lot of room to breath in my opinion and not to mention several potential combo opportunities

As much as I hear people complain about the trait even after the tweak, use it to its full advantage. It doesn't matter if you are being rushed or not. Water trait, MB B3 opens a lot of room to breath in my opinion and not to mention several potential combo opportunities
I tend to do always do his Sweep and then MB F3 to get a good combo. It's good against rushdown characters who's always in your face

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I originally made this post more than a month ago, and since then I am a god with AM. What I normally do against rushers is b2, the overhead move, and then immediately followed by scoop, that gets them about 90% of the time... and IF they learn, its still hard timing, and block both, then i will just start with a scoop, or the f2 1+3 attack. This all keeps them away.

And if they get in my face, I do a f1 attack [super fast] followed by 3, then scoop, then b12, combo finisher.

and his 11 combo, the 2nd 1 has good range, cant really hitconfirm that, but its a good pressure poke thing.