What's new

Fighting against high paced rush playstyles

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
I'm having a serious problem combating players that rush me down and stay in my face the whole match. I cant seem to shake them off me. My specials start up time is too slow and Shang's wakeup game is awful. The only option I have is EX-Soul Steal, but it does me no good if I don't know how to play that character well.

My problem isnt punishing whiffed attacks or blocked moves, but constantly jumping around me with jump punches and other stuff like that.

What would you guys advise ?

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
You can back dash when they jump over you and land a 1,3df4,df4. Just have to be carfull with the timing other wise you get a bb1 fireball. You can also try a njp to try and catch them in the crossup. A forword dash into du4 should also work. A lot of this is very risky online though.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Neutral punch will do me no good. It seems in this game whenever I try an air kick or punch, same time as my opponent, they will always land theirs instead of mine. How does that even work.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
You have to read the opponent, there is no easy way out like some chars have. Prepare to block a lot if you play Shang as your main. If you KNOW they are going to jump over you, dash under them or jump back kick. You want to get them to block up skull as soon as possible so you get frame adv and can start mixing it up on offense. F3, 4 skulls is great to get them to start duck blocking, then throw them to regain life and get them further away from you.

d1 or d4 is a fast jab or kick which you can link into close ground skull. It trades sometimes but they get launched so it will be an even trade leaving you with some breathing room. EX Soul Steal has armor after a few startup frames, this can break out of pressure.

d1 xx close ground skull
d4 xx close ground skull
EX Soul Steal

(atleast i think it is d4, might be d3)

Edit:
If they cross up jump you several times just dash forward when he jumps then do either straight fireball or if he keeps jumping you can do close groundskull or in front upskull.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
just learned from S1LENT's weekly show from Tom Brady that close up skull has 8 frames of invincibility on wake-up

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Try getting close up-skull to come out as wakeup after an untechable knockdown. That shit is hard.

babalook

Noob
just learned from S1LENT's weekly show from Tom Brady that close up skull has 8 frames of invincibility on wake-up
i dont think it has any invinsibility at all i have tried it hundreds of times and it hasn't worked once and it's not me inputting it wrong wakeup attack pops up at the bottome this is incorrect information.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
I found a solution to cross jumps. Neutral jump punch usually beats them since the opponent just does a normal jump over you until they get to the other side to cross up. Neutral jump punch followed by a combo of your choice. I like using this one:

Neutral jump punch, 3 (or 1 then 3), far ground skull, EX ground skull, close ground skull, neutral jump punch (if done correctly, it will punch them right into the close ground skull and it looks badass) 29%

i dont think it has any invinsibility at all i have tried it hundreds of times and it hasn't worked once and it's not me inputting it wrong wakeup attack pops up at the bottome this is incorrect information.
I think I miss wrote that. Shouldve been close ground skull has invincibility iirc. Try that.