What's new

Fight Sticks And Head Sets

Noob
Hey guys.

I'm wanting to get a fight stick and a head set for PS4 and Xbox One. But I don't know which head sets and fight sticks work together. I want the talk back function.

I will probably end up just going with the TE2s. Since it will feel the same when i switch between consoles. But the TE2 doesn't have a head phone jack right. So would I have to use a USB head set. If so then which are the cheapest Turtle Beach headsets that offer the talk back function. I will upgrade to something better later. But since I need to buy 2 different headsets and 2 different fight sticks its going to add up.

Thanking yous.

Noob
I will check it out again. I never tested the sound quality. The build quality is so bad and it feels so flimsy that I never even turned them on. What options do I have with the Xbox One.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
astro a50s work on every single console out and will update (i actually had to plug mine into my computer to update it so i could use it on my ps4)

also it is usb so it doesnt require a headset jack

Redux

Ex Phase
Sadly only cheap good headset is sony ps4 gold that works via bluetooth. I can vouch for the golds though the sound quality is good only issue I have is there is not enough padding and it can get uncomfortable in an hour.

Noob
Will check out the A50s as well. It will be much nicer to have a universal set. With the A50s can you use the talk back function on both consoles.

Noob
Thanks Redux. That's not to much of an issue. I normally have to stop every hour or so to do other things. Very seldom do I get to have long gaming sessions.

medleyoz

Noob
I'd also recommend the A50's. They are a great headset wireless, normally get about 6 hours out them before needing charging, don't need to plug into the controller to talk on PS4 but I think you do need to plug it into the Xbox one controller to chat on Xbox One so may not be suitable if you are using a fightstick and want a dual purpose headset. I don't have an xbox one so you may need to google it but I thought all xbox one headsets need to plug into the controller like the 360 did but I'm not 100% on this.

MrProfDrPepper

Will check out the A50s as well. It will be much nicer to have a universal set. With the A50s can you use the talk back function on both consoles.
yes, you can use it as an actual mic and you can talk back on every console, it works for ps3, ps4, xbox 360, xbox one, pc, it is all usb and there is an xbox 360 jack that you attach to the controller and the headset, and yes it comes with the headset

MrProfDrPepper

I'd also recommend the A50's. They are a great headset wireless, normally get about 6 hours out them before needing charging, don't need to plug into the controller to talk on PS4 but I think you do need to plug it into the Xbox one controller to chat on Xbox One so may not be suitable if you are using a fightstick and want a dual purpose headset. I don't have an xbox one so you may need to google it but I thought all xbox one headsets need to plug into the controller like the 360 did but I'm not 100% on this.
not to mention to charge it it is a simple standard usb cable which is IMMENSELY helpful

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
I would seriously consider the Hayabusa VLX stick that has the touchpad. It is invaluable for training mode.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I can't recommend the Astro A40's high enough. I've been using them for years now for everything from music to movies to gaming. They're holding up good as new. Dropped them countless times.

I think the A50's are wireless only? I prefer wired. Astro products aren't cheap, but I spent too much money bouncing from one lower quality headset to the next. Glad I decided to invest in one high quality pair.

Noob
those A50s look like the ones. The price isn't to drastic when you consider what you would have to pay for a headset for each console. Thanks for the help. I doubt I would have even considered them. Great that you can talk back on the PS4. I see you can use it on the Xbox with talk back. It isn't to straight forward about the talk back function. But It will be fine when playing other games and I use the pad. Seems i may have luck with using it with a fight stick. Or I may not. But if one set wont work without a pad and adapter then non will I assume. In which case it just is what it is.

What options do I have with the Xbox One.
You can use pretty much any stick you want. I use a HitBox on my Xbox One which doesn't have a headset input. The way I get the headset to work is to use a 2nd controller and start a party and switch it to game chat. This way the HitBox controls the inputs and the mic goes through the 2nd controller.

If you use the 2nd controller wirelessly you will need to push a button on it every so often to make sure it doesn't go to sleep but that can be fixed by using a charging cable to plug it into one of the controller ports on the Xbox.

Reactions: 24K

Noob
That was what I was thinking. Was just going to try it and hope for the best. I am so glad you answered that. So with the USB connected you don't need to keep pushing a button to keep it awake.