What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters
Yeah, I can't believe how hard people are sleeping on Ferra/Torr. From the get go I knew I was going to love this character and I haven't been disappointed yet. I play several other members of the cast (although I've been narrowing it down considerably), and F/T's the only character I enjoy playing all variations of; every other character has 1 variation I pretty much stick with 100%.

Same here, I try other chars and start to practice with them and then shortly feel like I am wasting time when I could be improving on one of F/Ts variations. The only other char I have even liked remotely close to F/T is War God Kotal Kahn

It was interesting at combo breaker that it was mentioned quite a few times people are sleeping on him, at one point they even said he could be "secret top tier". I still find it surprising this is the least active character section.

bomb

Noob
Why after a Lackey X-ray does Torr wait for Ferra to get back on his back only to have her get off his back? Seriously pisses me off. Maybe all characters do not move for that long after an X-ray but it seems extremely long to get Torr moving again.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why after a Lackey X-ray does Torr wait for Ferra to get back on his back only to have her get off his back? Seriously pisses me off. Maybe all characters do not move for that long after an X-ray but it seems extremely long to get Torr moving again.
Has to be that way for balance reasons.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I mean were already plus on block for our xray for some reason so yeah Id rather take that than huge advantage on hit lol

I have been splitting my time the last two days pretty equally amongst Lackey and Vicious and I just can't choose between them this character is a blast! Gonna post some video of my F/T tomorrow or the day after get you guys to help me out especially on the defense with Vicious.
Be sure to post those ragequits too brah!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

applicable to chars with tick grabs on block but not hit. use the block-only OS to do something else if the tick actually hits.
This is that smart shit right here.
Good on ya broman. I'm guessing it works the same for Ruthless since the grab is about the same speed?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
This is probably day 1 tech but incase anyone didn't know normal Ferra charge in lackey will blow up some strings with gaps in them. Example Sonya's b24 overhead low comes in pretty damn handy in that matchup.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Noticed today you can't do block strings into ferra toss (close) against female characters that stay ducking (unless they are in the corner)

EDIT: just noticed there's a thread already about that

Last edited:

Audit

Falls down too much
This is probably day 1 tech but incase anyone didn't know normal Ferra charge in lackey will blow up some strings with gaps in them. Example Sonya's b24 overhead low comes in pretty damn handy in that matchup.

You can also do charge through Erron Black's strings with gunshots in them because the startup is Projectile immune. Or if they throw a projectile at the end of the string. Shotgun Jacqui is so prone to projectile invulnerability charge.

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Can someone give me some advice on using d4? I'm severely underusing it in favor of d3 (faster but shorter) and d1 (faster but mid). I'm not entirely certain in which situations I should be using it, so any insight is appreciated.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Can someone give me some advice on using d4? I'm severely underusing it in favor of d3 (faster but shorter) and d1 (faster but mid). I'm not entirely certain in which situations I should be using it, so any insight is appreciated.
I mostly use it for baiting high hitting wake ups like Raiden's. Other than that it is still pretty good for its range and the fact its over plus 20 on hit and plus 2 on block. After a d4 on block most everyone likes pressing buttons so i folow up with a d1 to interrupt that shit and get pluss 20, then go for a mix up. It also has decent cancel advantage so d4 into overhead Ferra is a decent gimmick as well as d4 cancelled into p[ain n gain. Also d4xxcommand grab is a tick throw in Vicious. Other than that its just a decent footsie tool with good frame advantage

MadeFromMetal

I mostly use it for baiting high hitting wake ups like Raiden's. Other than that it is still pretty good for its range and the fact its over plus 20 on hit and plus 2 on block. After a d4 on block most everyone likes pressing buttons so i folow up with a d1 to interrupt that shit and get pluss 20, then go for a mix up. It also has decent cancel advantage so d4 into overhead Ferra is a decent gimmick as well as d4 cancelled into p[ain n gain. Also d4xxcommand grab is a tick throw in Vicious. Other than that its just a decent footsie tool with good frame advantage
Thanks, man. I really gotta get back into Vicious/Ruthless. I've been devoting all my time to Lackey lately.

To add to what Wetdoba said, I particularly like it as an anti-rushdown tool when the other guy is trying to get in. If a character like Cassie or Sonya is running at you from far enough away, you've got time to catch them with the D4 before they get to you. If it hits, you get enough advantage to throw out a mixup combo starter, and if they block, it pushes them far enough away to be out of range for a lot of their normals, but still within the range of your B2 or NJP. D4's big strength is the spacing.

MadeFromMetal

To add to what Wetdoba said, I particularly like it as an anti-rushdown tool when the other guy is trying to get in. If a character like Cassie or Sonya is running at you from far enough away, you've got time to catch them with the D4 before they get to you. If it hits, you get enough advantage to throw out a mixup combo starter, and if they block, it pushes them far enough away to be out of range for a lot of their normals, but still within the range of your B2 or NJP. D4's big strength is the spacing.
I didn't realize the spacing was that good on block. I'll have to get used to using it. In what situations would you favor d4 over d1 and vice versa?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I didn't realize the spacing was that good on block. I'll have to get used to using it. In what situations would you favor d4 over d1 and vice versa?
D4 if you think they will block for continued frame advantage or if you just want to create space and back them off of you, D1 if you want to interrupt pressure and start yours. D4, then followed up with 4 2+4 is a great way to get some pushback and 4 2+4 is also plus 2, even though it leaves you with no Ferra, it gives you time to do that Lackey D1 if they think they can still get in now that Ferra is off you