What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Sub-Zero Female hitbox craps on SZ

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
@STB BroZki

^ This guy has some setups for females. Idk what they are exactly yet, but I'm sure he can let you guys know
Haha thanks man! Yeah so some setups I do to get those pesky females is:

B2 b2 d1 b3 ice clone NJP jip njk. Should do around 30 I believe.

Another one is a clone shatter combo so from the proper distance for the shatter to lift the opponent a bit I'd do:

Ice clone 12 ice burst 1 b3 ice clone NJP jip njk.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
B2, B2, 1, 1, B12xxClone, NjP, NjK. Works on both females and males.

I ain't substituting damage for anything but frame advantage, this works so fuck it.

Reactions: GAV

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Just know doing njp, jip, njk makes your clone setups a little less safe of his b2,b2 starter than if you did njp, njk. Unsafe enough to be punishable by reptiles ex slide, I believe which is 6 frames. Can't speak on how safe it is off things such as ex frost bomb, f42xx clone or the other ways he can setup a corner clone freeze.

Only time that setup is as safe as njp, njk is when you do it off his 242 launcher.

llabslb

R1D1_998
I'll be honest, I'm not content with these alternatives because I thought by now the sub community would've of produced a better alternative since this issue has been around for quite some time. But like @I GOT HANDS said, whatever works, works.

Matix218

Get over here!
I'll be honest, I'm not content with these alternatives because I thought by now the sub community would've of produced a better alternative since this issue has been around for quite some time. But like @I GOT HANDS said, whatever works, works.
Whats so bad about b2 b2 1 1 b12 clone?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Depends on who you ask. Maybe his execution is super on point (unless breathing hurt box messes that combo up?)

For the record, I replace b12 with b3 too.

llabslb

R1D1_998
Oh nvm, I like b2b2 1,1 now but not denying it's inconsistent. B3 is more consistent but it's meh

Last edited:
I think anyone will agree that it is a very good trade-off considering that b33 df2 freezes females mid screen without spending a bar. You can use that bar in the corner if you really want that damage with b2b2 1 b12 exiceball.

How is the b2b2 1,1 working out?
@llabslb

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Let's be real though... Getting ~40% meterless in the corner is kind of great. Are we spoiled, being upset about how hard ladies make make our lives (even in video games AMIRITE MEN)? I mean, we still have pretty good options in an easier combo for less %, harder combo for the same %, or spend a bar, which many people have pointed out, we saved mid screen anyway, for an easy combo and the full damage.

(Contradicting for the fuck of it)

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@C88 Zombieekiler, the thread isn't so much about the one b2 corner combo, but the female hurtbox as a whole. It seems like anywhere the b12 xx clone freeze is used hurts the most. And if you look at the thread, that combo you posted has been mentioned a bunch of times already.