What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Sub-Zero Female hitbox craps on SZ

llabslb

R1D1_998
I don't know if this subject has been properly addressed or not or if it's even on TYM. If it is, feel free to raid my ass and call me a scrub or whatever.

Alright, I'm sure we're all aware how subs standard corner combo goes to shit with females because of the small hitbox. This really affects the way sub does damage in the corner and there doesn't seem to be a real alternative.

The standard combo : B2B2 D1 B12 ICE CLONE NJP JIP F12 (or NJK if you're a fancy pants wanting more advantage)

This combo basically allows the player to set up another clone and continue fucking with the opponent.

Unfortunately this isn't the case with female opponents because the combo is difficult when executing the ice clone to freeze. So it's unreliable when going up against a female character.

I'm not a fan of the alternative combos people tend to use like B2B2 B33 Ice clone or B2B2 D1 B12 slide.

Another thing, his freeze set ups. An example would be after landing let's say a F12 and place an ice clone a F33 would knock a male opponent into the clone and freeze this can be combo'd off. Very kush, right? Not the case with females, the f33 will knock the opponent into the ice clone and freeze but it can't be combo'd of like with male opponents. This also applies to other freeze set ups.

To sum it up. Subs main corner combo and freeze set ups go to shit. Any alternative combos you can propose (with a set up).

I don't consider that a good alternative, no
I disagree. He can still do a corner combo into a setup though I don't know exactly how different is it from male characters. And having his low starter meterless is a very good advantage over female characters.

llabslb

R1D1_998
I disagree. He can still do a corner combo into a setup though I don't know exactly how different is it from male characters. And having his low starter meterless is a very good advantage over female characters.
I want you to know that this thread is about sub zero's alternate corner combos not the advantages he has over female characters. As far as I'm concerned, b33 is unreliable to land unless it's execution error on my part and I'm not satisfied with the damage output.

KoldSpecter

Violence begets violence
B2-11xx (cancel)-iceball-njp-jip-f12 - 24%, guaranteed safe klone setup, meterless, consistent on all hitboxes, easy to pull off even with serious lags. Better than nothing, imo

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
I use b2, b2, 1, 1, b12 clone. This will hit female opponents. Once you get used to the timing it is not bad at all, the timing is tighter than the one that works on the male characters but it works and does very good damage witg whatever hard knockdown ender you chose to end with

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Dis fucking game...just give everyone Torr and Goro's hitbox. Yeah, that'd be dumb, but damn it...it'd be less dumb than this variable bullshit. Small hitbox specific combos (or just flat out fucking whiffing if you're Cage) is retarded. Jesus, NRS...get your shit together. Can this game not have a continual laundry list of bullshit dumb issues?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I've never used b33 in the female specific combos, just the one b3. But b2, b2, d1, 1, b12 xx clone, njp, jip, f12 is a viable alternative for females, dealing 37%. The extra 1 causes the hurtbox to fall faster than in the normal BnB, putting the opponent at the proper height. The execution is higher, but execution shouldn't be a barrier for high level players.

If you're not a high level player, easier alternatives are b2, 242, b3 xx clone, njp, jip, f12, dealing 31%, or the b2, b2, d1, b3 xx clone... dealing 32%, the latter is more consistent, but both can be ended with b334 instead of f12 for the same damage, but more reliable clone. It seems like the closer the b2 lands, the harder the combo is, especially the second b2. Interestingly, jip forces a standing hit box, making the juggle higher, thus easier. Something to keep in mind for the harder combos.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Lol woah I didn't imply anything really, but if that's the way you feel about it...

I don't know if this subject has been properly addressed or not or if it's even on TYM. If it is, feel free to raid my ass and call me a scrub or whatever.
And even if you are a high level player, some other people who are just lurking might be interested.