What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Feeling way better about goro now

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You shouldn't of had any negative feelings at all seeing as how before now all we had was a 40 second clip show of special moves in a trailer, and 20 minutes of a five hour stream that was literally nothing but Tyler mashing out special moves.

The people on this forum jump the gun so damn much with nothing to really go off of.

#PUNCHWALK

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't know about him having only 1 fucking string in his Dragon Fangs variation tho. What the hell

in Dragon Fang he has every string +1 new string.

If you looked when they pulled up the pause menu, it clearly says "Variation" on the move list and it shows only variation specific moves. He gains one extra command normal and one extra string with Dragon Fangs in addition to extra range and damage on all of his punching attacks, a new special move, and an altered command grab.

Just about every weapon variation in the game has one or two extra strings.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Even with Tyler mashing out specials, you can still get a sense of how good a character will be. Goro is huge and slow; this isn't Injustice, so I believe he's destined to be mid-tier at best. Though who knows; without invincible wakeups, command grabs might dominate.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and you can blow me up in a month when matchups actually start to take shape.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

in Dragon Fang he has every string +1 new string.

If you looked when they pulled up the pause menu, it clearly says "Variation" on the move list and it shows only variation specific moves. He gains one extra command normal and one extra string with Dragon Fangs in addition to extra range and damage on all of his punching attacks, a new special move, and an altered command grab.

Just about every weapon variation in the game has one or two extra strings.
Oh really? I coulda sworn he only had 1 string. Never mind then. My mistake.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Even with Tyler mashing out specials, you can still get a sense of how good a character will be. Goro is huge and slow; this isn't Injustice, so I believe he's destined to be mid-tier at best. Though who knows; without invincible wakeups, command grabs might dominate.
he's not even that slow

we still don't know jack about his frame data or set-ups, so no, you can't get a sense of how "good" someone's going to be. you can probably argue that he isn't going to be as deep as dedicated trap characters, but I'll argue that he could have very strong knockdown game

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
#punchthefuckup
Now trending in my imagination...
I think Goro has never used the 4 arm thing to his advantage much before... This seems to be pretty good...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and you can blow me up in a month when matchups actually start to take shape.
He isn't even really all that slow.

He's not ripping and running like Lou Keng or Scorpion, but he's seems more middle of the road.

Just looking at his moves, he's faster than a lot of Kotal's stuff and Torr.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
He isn't even really all that slow.

He's not ripping and running like Lou Keng or Scorpion, but he's seems more middle of the road.

Just looking at his moves, he's faster than a lot of Kotal's stuff and Torr.
he's not even that slow

we still don't know jack about his frame data or set-ups, so no, you can't get a sense of how "good" someone's going to be. you can probably argue that he isn't going to be as deep as dedicated trap characters, but I'll argue that he could have very strong knockdown game
Yeah yeah, I knew I shouldn't have posted that. I could have quoted these responses as I was typing that post. Kotal has traps. Ferra/Torr has overhead/low mixups, and there's still a chance both characters will be mid-tier compared to the likes of Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, and Takeda. Goro's got the damage output, but I say once again that I ("I", as in "me") get the feeling he will not be higher than mid-tier. And again I say feel free to blow me up in a month if I turn out to be wrong. I'll gladly admit I'm an idiot, but I really don't think Goro will be viable.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I've written a couple breakdowns of Goro so far... dispite the frame data being clearly wrong lol.

Long story short he will be a character that lives and dies by meter and the corner... the only character I can see being better than Goro in the corner is Takeda and Sub Zero. He will wreck scrubs and will be the focus of much hate early on because he is easy to use.

His meat and potatoes is how often you can land hard knockdowns. His meaties are awesome and scrubs are going to have no idea what to do as they mash buttons on wakeup.

Be patient and corner your opponent. Doesnt matter how much chip you are taking... he will make up the damage quickly.

He will have a problem with teleporters.

Fin.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Yeah yeah, I knew I shouldn't have posted that. I could have quoted these responses as I was typing that post. Kotal has traps. Ferra/Torr has overhead/low mixups, and there's still a chance both characters will be mid-tier compared to the likes of Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, and Takeda. Goro's got the damage output, but I say once again that I ("I", as in "me") get the feeling he will not be higher than mid-tier. And again I say feel free to blow me up in a month if I turn out to be wrong. I'll gladly admit I'm an idiot, but I really don't think Goro will be viable.
He will be like Sinestro in the either blow up or get blown up manner... wouldn't suprise me if his MU chart was full of 7-3 and 3-7.