What's new

Feedback/Criticism Needed

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Hello again, TYM, I do apologize in advance if this should be in a separate thread. I recently recorded 15 games of my top level, awe inspiring Grundy gameplay, but I feel like I could improve. I know there are parts where I didn't want to block, and there are parts where I didn't want to do chains(aka online), but I feel like my game needs an overall critiquing. I think I have some parts down well, but others seems to come in and out whenever they feel like.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I would say (Just kind of glimpsed through really quick) to ease up on the WC's and the D2s. A lot of them are leaving you wide open and if this flash was a bit more on point, he could easily whiff punish you for a crazy amount of damage.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I'd throw more F1 out there, but every time I did against him I just ate damage. Though I'll take the less WC with me

I only watched some of the first video but against flash you punish a blocked torpedo with standing 2 into whatever (ex hands) and it's a pretty tight punish online. Against MB torpedo you need to duck then you can stand punish with 112. I feel you should have used more MB trait as the flash just kept frame trapping you and got away with it but I dunno if d1d2 beats it straight out. I was expecting you to WCC or WC after you landed regular cleaver on him.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Well for one I would only reccomend the power chain near the end of the match because it is unclashable, it is useless otherwise. Honestly what difference does it make whether you are doing 60% or 50% they are still going to lose their life with two touches. Stick with Health chain against mixup heavy characters like the Flash because you aren going to block everything that they do.

Also you have so much meter, and you rarely ever meterburn your walking corpse! It will give you setups, I saw that you were doing the setup a little bit in your matches but you usually revert to plain WC and you even lost a match where you almost won but you just did a regular WC.

Don't wake up with WC against someone like the flash because his jump attack is multihitting and he can easily bait and full combo punish on wakeup.

Also in general be smarter about WC, Flash isnt a zoner and he can sure as hell blow you up for using it. So you should really use it on a read.

You did a good job sometimes interrupting his pressure but other times it seemed like you were mashing D2 and flash was punishing you for it because his normals are faster.

Flash is a tough matchup but you do have options such as setups with MB WC when you land it.

DougDFC first off thanks for posting your matchplay I love watching matchplay. Also, it is brave to post knowing you are going to get picked apart and I have the utmost respect to those that post for critique rather than do not post and cry about balance etc. Thats the last of my kind words.

1. If you hit d2 I think you can combo to mb swamp hands and go for reset this would truly have made you win against this flash if you did that alone.
2. Your approach as a whole is one dimensional and he could read it. You didn't make him fear waking up, yes he can wakeup attack but you need to give him a reason to.
3. Get your back to wall WC mb combos down. They hurt a lot and you WILL be cornered by Flash often.
4. MB Trait does tons of damage since it is unscaled and gives you ability to buff.
5. Goto wiki data and know when you can attack. Also if there is a gap by 3 frames you can back dash pretty easily as Grundy.You respected him way too much and disrespected B22 flash frame trap too much.
6. MB cleaver is very good way to get the heat off of you. Armor, combo, safe +3.
7. Grundy works on trading damage and doing more, just remember typically you WILL do more damage then Flash on average since your trait is available anytime.
8. Manage meter better, you sit on over 2 bars for most of your games.
9. Practice interact setups and dealing with them, you looked very awkward on most stages.
10. Also you should pretty much YOLO d2 trait most times since you will be punished trying to block after a blocked d2.

Have faith in Grundy, it is only a matter of time before people realize how sick this character is.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
DougDFCWORDS WERE HERE
Wow, I did not expect that much depth! Thanks a million, man. I'll be taking all the help and suggestions you, colon, and Jeffery threw at me, and gonna hop back in the fire.

I don't know if you could tell in the video, but I'm absolutely terrible when someone like flash is in my face. I always feel like I'm 3 steps behind.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Wow, I did not expect that much depth! Thanks a million, man. I'll be taking all the help and suggestions you, colon, and Jeffery threw at me, and gonna hop back in the fire.

I don't know if you could tell in the video, but I'm absolutely terrible when someone like flash is in my face. I always feel like I'm 3 steps behind.

It's all just playing the matchup over and over til you learn how to block them. Trust me I've been what you been through.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?

Its okay man, everyone is like that vs flash.