What's new

[Feb 5, 2018] Mitten Masher Monday's Weekly (Southfield, MI)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Come out and get some games in with the rest of the Detroit Fighting Game Community, play casuals all night long.

=== WHEN ===
Monday night
6pm – 1am

=== WHERE ===
Plum Hollow Lanes - Event Room
21900 W Nine Mile Rd
Southfield, MI 48075

On the Northwest corner of 9 Mile and Lahser, just South of 696 and West of the Southfield Fwy/Lodge interchange.

NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK! There’s a full bar and grill inside for you to eat & drink at, this will be strictly enforced! PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENUE!

== PARKING ==
There is a lot of parking at the venue

=== HOW MUCH ===
Venue is free for everyone, all we ask is that you support our venue and try to help out by contributing equipment, the more people help the more we can all play!

=== WHAT WE NEED ===
TVs/Monitors, Systems, Games, Power Strips
This is a community event and the community is strictly volunteer, we need everyone to help out in order to make our events work.
If you have a TV/Monitor to bring that's awesome, we'll find a place for it, if not we have some that will need consoles. Bringing your own power strip would help as well.

*NOTE*

The venue we are at does not have sufficient speed for a livestream so matches are recorded and then streamed at a later date (usually Tuesday/Wednesday night).

Edit: We now live stream. http://www.twitch.tv/jasinwalraven

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
I'll be dropping in around eight, an hour before MKX starts I believe?

Look forward to playing you guys <3.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
MKX results (Top 3 - June 29th)

1st Place: CORN alucarD (War God Kotal Kahn)

2nd Place: Compbros (Spec Ops Cassie Cage, Covert Ops Sonya Blade)

3rd Place: CORN Adonis Tha God (Cutthroat Kano)

Winners Finals:

Compbros vs. CORN alucarD - 2-3

Losers Finals:

CORN Adonis Tha God vs. Compbros - 1-3

Grand Finals:

Compbros (L) vs. CORN alucarD (W) - 3-2

Compbros (L) vs. CORN alucarD (L) - 1-3

Full results posted later.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
MKX results (Top 3 - July 6th)

1st Place: CORN alucarD (War God Kotal Kahn)

2nd Place: CORN Footwurk (A-List Johnny Cage)

3rd Place: Compbros (Spec Ops Cassie Cage)

Winners Finals:

Compbros vs. CORN alucarD - 2-3

Losers Finals:

CORN Footwurk vs. Compbros - 3-1

Grand Finals:

Missed grand finals, sorry.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Wasn't there last week and I'm currently on my phone so may not be as pretty as usual, will fix any mistakes later, also adding notable events.

(Mkx results for July 20th - top 3)

1. F3 alucarD (War God Kotal Kahn)

2. Compbros (Spec Ops Cassie Cage)

3. Corn Footwurk (A-list Johnny Cage)

Battle log:

Winners Finals - Corn Footwurk (A-list Johnny Cage) vs. Compbros (Spec Ops Cassie Cage) - 2-3

Losers Finals - F3 alucarD (War god Kotal Kahn) vs. CORN Footwurk (A-list Johnny Cage) 3-1

Grand Finals - F3 alucarD (War God Kotal Kahn) vs. Compbros (Spec Ops Cassie Cage) - 3-2 (bracket reset), 3-2.

Notable events:

I run the mkx tournament, we had a handful of new people and, as such, I confused some names and faces. Because of this one match ended up being nulled as people people that weren't supposed to play each other played played a whole set.

alucarD was put into losers by SRM Fatalfemme (Covert Ops Sonya) 1-2. Twan played Wrestler Jax as opposed to his normal Kotal Kahn (he's messing and around with Jax right now) but makes no excuses and says Brit "outplayed me completely".

Footwurk and I played in Winners Finals and he knew alucarD was on his side of the bracket so believed it wasn't a "finals" match because he had yet to play Twan. As such Footwurk went up 1-2 and stood up and popped off. I grabbed the back of his shirt and he turned around to shake my hand when I told him it was winners finals. He was in disbelief, sat back down, and said "bet I lose now". He lost 2-3.

Both grand finals matches when it was 2-2 came down to the final round.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
MKX Results (TOP 3 - July 27th)

1. F3 alucarD (War God Kotal Kahn)

2. Compbros (Spec Ops Cassie Cage, Covert Ops Sonya)

3 CORN Monkey D (Tempest Kung Lao, Grandmaster Sub-Zero)

Winners Finals:

F3 alucarD vs. CORN Footwurk (Hellfire Scorpion) - 3-1

Losers Finals:

Compbros vs. CORN Monkey D - 3-0

Grand Finals:

Compbros vs. F3 alucarD - 1-3

Notable Events:

This tournament marked the return of JDM (Nimble Reptile) after several weeks of not attending for various reasons. He made it to winners semis before losing to alucarD 1-2 (very close set) and then to myself in losers semis.

Despite making it to Winners Finals Footwurk had to leave early, as such he dqed himself and the losers semis match between myself and Mello was changed to losers finals.

alurcarD attempted to make his tournament debut with Tremor before I informed him that Tremor was banned until next week. He tried to sway me several times during the night including right before Grand Finals.

Helter Skeezy (Jax) experienced converter issues in his match with SRM FatalFemmeBee and had to dq himself in a 1-1 set.

There were two PS4 setups for MKX, neither had sound.

After losing in Grand Finals MR ALL CAPS was popping off for alucarD to which I responded "where did you place again", he said "it doesn't matter, we can play right now". We played a FT3 (Covert Ops Sonya vs. Full Auto Jacqui/Hish Qu Ten Predator), it was 3-0.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
MKX Results (TOP 3 - Aug 3rd)

1. F3 alucarD (Metallic Tremor)

2. Compbros (Covert Ops Sonya Blade, Hunter Predator, Dragon Naginata Tanya, High Tech Jacqui Briggs)

3. CORN Footwurk (Hellfire Scorpion, A-List Johnny Cage)

Winners Finals:

F3 alucarD vs. Compbros - 3-0

Losers Finals:

Compbros vs. CORN Footwurk - 3-0

Grand Finals:

Compbros vs. F3 alucarD - 0-3

Notable Events:

This marks the first time in our MKX locals/ranbats that Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals were clean sweeps.

alucarD made his debut with Tremor and showed why the character is terrifying making a few ridiculous pixel comebacks. He ran Tremor the entire tournament.

Compbros said he wouldn't play Cassie this tournament to test his side characters out in a tournament setting. He almost lost several times to this including last round finishes against Stay Real Chill and SRM FatalFemme.

V Man broke out this tournament as his Pyromancer Tanya reeked havoc on opponents, losing only to F3 alucarD in winners semis (1-2) and CORN Footwurk in losers semis (1-2) getting 4th place.

Teacher and student/training partners Compbros and SRM FatalFemme met in tournament for the first time. Consequently they had just spent several hours playing each other on FatalFemme's stream before the tournament. The set came down to the last round as Brit beat Al's Predator, whom she's had problems with since day one, and was a round away from beating his Sonya and winning the set 2-0.

We only had one setup to run the tournament, as such casuals were limited to the Xbox setups we had. The tournament still finished on time.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
This Monday is a bit different as it'll be the Mashbats, an annual event that's a mashup of the Ranbats and Mitten Masher Monday's. There'll be several special FT5 exhibitions highlighted by Vman (Tanya) vs. Mello (TBD), JDM (Reptile) vs. Wendell (Sub-Zero), and CORN Footwurk (Tremor) vs. Compbros (Cassie Cage). All are character locked.

Doors open at 1 PM, tournaments start around 3.

Tim Static

Adminerator
@Compbros DUDE why haven't you been posting results in the Aftermaths section? Each time, post a new thread w/ results like you did in here (w/ archives or youtube links if possible) and tag me. I'll promote them to the front page & get your group some attention. Help me help YOU man!! :)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
@Compbros DUDE why haven't you been posting results in the Aftermaths section? Each time, post a new thread w/ results like you did in here (w/ archives or youtube links if possible) and tag me. I'll promote them to the front page & get your group some attention. Help me help YOU man!! :)
I didn't even think about it honestly, I will do just that from now on.