What's new

Favorite Memories Playing NRS games

Most of us have been playing NRS games since MK9. As a community, discuss some of your favorite memories playing NRS games. Whether it was staying up until 5'oclock in the morning playing your friends in KOTH online, tournament experiences, getting a 300 game win streak online, making new friends, anything related to experiences shared playing NRS games. Discuss! Tag your friends! Dust off some old memories throughout the past (almost 7 years) and share some laughs.

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
Beating kintaro with raiden for the first time as a clueless kid in mk2 on snes. and getting swat like a fly by shao Khan immediately after. Hard to top that.

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
Beating kintaro with raiden for the first time as a clueless kid in mk2 on snes. and getting swat like a fly by shao Khan immediately after. Hard to top that.
Technically that's Midway, not NRS. But mines is finally getting Raiden's uppercut fatality in MK2 arcade. That was so satisfying

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Running away throwing Smoke Bombs for a whole round only to get one hit and use multiple unblockable resets to kill them.

Damn I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it, those were the days for sure.

-Getting introduced to mk9 in August 2011 all at once with like 6 of my friends, I'm the only one out of my friends who took it further than occasional casual get togethers, but it was a fun as hell way to get introduced to NRS first game.

- @Cossner Graciously inviting me over for casuals and round robins at his house and getting introduced to a bunch of NE NRS players for fun times and winning cash (I never won cash). Pizza, offline games, live streams, good people, good times.

-Going to NLBC and Long Island locals, meeting a bunch more people from the scene, placing for the first time at nlbc (3rd). I highly reccomend attending a local if you have an opportunity at least to have fun and meet people, don't even think about placing. It's always fun and entertaining to watch matches in person no matter what.

- Getting home from work at 2-3oclock in the morning and playing games with @RunwayMafia @xWildx @SoapBar until 6am. Bitches being bitches on mic, "how hard is it to wake up slide every time dumb bitch?", bitch hierarchy and I was always at the bottom.

Good times and still going.

Ex cartwheel 3 times in a row with mk9 sonya only to be safe on block and getting away with ia dive kick in online lag

F112 with prepatch d'vorah and before anyone knew how to blow up d4 puddle (reo says +22 wut the fuuuuu)

Damn I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it, those were the days for sure.

Nothing will ever beat those juicy coin conversions with erron off an anti air or breaking armor with that double hitting up shot on a read. Mmmmmmm

Edit: Damn i'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it, those were the days for sure

Last edited:

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Back when Cassie could mb flip out of block string for little to no risk, mb flip kick on wakeup and be safe, mb flip kick full screen and it would hit

Edit: Damn I'm gettin testy eyed just thinking about it, those were the day for sure

gam224

The world's least hype player
I'm pretty sure for me it was when pre patch Lou could do 2 reps of f213 and they jailed
Damn I'm gettin teary eyed just thinking about it, those were the day for sure

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Cheesing everyone with ninjutsu scorpion whiff tp after a blocked f2 and getting free whiff punish cuz no one knew the tech counter :DOGE

Meep8345

Noob
When I learned what plus frames were, how to use them, and how you can condition them and even do something that isn't a frame trap if you know they respect you. Also when I learned I could use the pushback off most d4's to whiff punish.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
MKX was my first real fighting game past Smash Bros and it taught me everything. When I learned Ronin Takeda my whole understanding shifted and it took me past casual play and made the whole experience worth investing in. Suddenly pro matches were fascinating.

Oh, and *ahem*

When pre-patch Ronin could space out B11s all day in the corner and cheese out some characters until hit confirming with a safe meterless launcher.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Someone breaking out of my combo as cyrax and the combo keeps going for another 40%

Damn I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it, those were the days for sure

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
The coding in MK9 having several move properties being shared between versions, bugged variables that do nothing, and heavily limited ones.

Damn I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it, those were the days for su- wait, no that sucks, nevermind.