What's new

Favorite and least favorite character[s] to fight against?

Favorites: Cage, a good Sonya, a good quan chi

Cage mirrors are so fun for me, all action, all rushdown, no bs. A good sonya can get me with crazy combos[i saw a foxy grandpa tearing it up in a KOTH room lol] and take me off guard. Quan with his crazy mix ups is just fun to watch even if you're getting owned

Least favorites: typical noob saibot player, typical smoke player, typical sheeva player

by typical i mean noob just spamming clones, smoke just spamming smoke ball[lol], and sheeva just stomping. all not fun or tough to fight against

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Favorites:

3: Kung Lao. Any practice against KL is good practice. OP arguments aside, he's a hat-tossing shaolin wizard I love chasing around the screen with my failed attempts to dominate.

2: Cyrax. I fight the mirror match as much as possible, 1 because the weaknesses exploited are technically my own, and can be taken into measure as far as improving my own robot, and 2 because he's a severe, challenging pain in the ass and I love playing Highlander with all the other mustards until I'm the only one.

1:Sub-Zero. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but somewhere along the lines of playing this game, I found I had the ability to read Mr. Frosty like a book. Now we battle on a daily basis - not just to improve my VS SZ matchup, but to up my reading/tells skills in general - I love matching nets for ice and ragdolls for slides, and given the difficulty it would take to ready my Noob for NEC, I do believe I'll be adding Subby (and his MK3 suit) as my #2 for tournaments and such simply because of how much I've put together about him from sparring. If ever there was a match I'd WANT to have happen to me on a big stage, it'd be my robot VS Brady's Sub, but alas he doesn't play him on the big stages no more :(.

3 worst would be Sindel, Baraka and Jade, just because IMO, Cyrax has no earthly business being beaten the first 2, and Jade's anti-projectile tools and stickshifting drive me fucking nuts.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
My favorite characters to fight against are Sub-Zero and Johnny Cage.

My least favorite characters to fight against are Kabal and Scorpion.

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
Favorites to fight against: Weird enough, everyone minus the 3 in my next list

Least favorites: Not that I don't like these characters, it's more of an aggravation level thing for me.

1. Kung Lao - The presence of mind that you have to play near perfectly to stand a chance
2. Mileena - There's nothing to explain, I just have and ALWAYS will hate this bitch. ALWAYS. Not Mileena players, just her.
3. Sonya - I'll say it again, Sonya is waaaaaaaay better than players are giving her credit for
4. Liu Kang - Fireball zoning is great idk what anyone says, his traps and the utter quickness of his low starter

Now, I understand I play Kitana, but these 4 are amazingly annoying when playing better players.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Favourite: Smoke, Raiden, Shang- dunno why, I guess I find them fun?

Least: Anyone with a fast poke. So Kitana, Mileena and Sonya. Seriously, I lose most to pokers than anything else. I lost to a noob saibot who kept d4ing me.

Obelish

Noob
I like fighting against most characters really. It gives you an opportunity to learn a bit more about how they can be used. However, I do hate fighting against Nightwolf, Kabal, and Reptile though. I guess Reptile isn't as big of a problem for me as he was before, but he's still pretty annoying. Nightwolf's shoulder move kills me though, because it always keeps me guessing whether or not he's gonna do it, and if it's enhanced it's even worse. There are a lot of GameFAQs players that use Kabal, and they're really efficient with him, what with them knowing his reset. It keeps me from getting upclose, and I don't exactly wanna get into a projectile war with Kabal, no matter who I'm using.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Favorite: Shang Tsung. I love playing against good Shang Tsung players. Even if I lose it's a fun match for me.

Least favorites: Reptile, Kabal, Mileena, Kenshi
Fuck them (when playing as Kitana)

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Favorites: Johnny Cage(Even if I would get double flawless'd and babality'd, I would never dislike fighting this guy), Sub-Zero(Especially with Raiden), Kitana, Cyrax, anyone who is good with lower tier characters(Quan, Stryker, Baraka, etc.).

Unfavorites: Scorpion(1,1,1,1,1,1,1,etc), Mileena, Reptiles that elbow dash spam, Kabal(Screw your Nomad Dash getting me while I'm trying to jump).

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Favorites: Johnny Cage, Reptile, Sektor
Least: Sonya, Kitana, Sheeva

Love that Kabal is in a lot of least favorite lists

Favorites:
Anyone good

Least Favorites: Only the best with these characters
Johnny Cage
Kung Lao
Reptile
Raiden
Kitana
Quan Chi [only 2]
Sheeva if it's BoysBoysBoys
Cyrax [only 1]

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Favorite: Anyone without an annoying teleport haha, but honestly I don't mind facing anyone outside of KL, Reptile.

Least: Kung Lao, Reptile..followed by Mileena, Raiden and Kabal.

Aboolayla

Come At Me Bro
Favorite: Shang Tsung. I love playing against good Shang Tsung players. Even if I lose it's a fun match for me.

Least favorites: Reptile, Kabal, Mileena
Holy crap you listed everything my favourite and dislikes. Its like were brothers man

Enenra

Go to hell.
Mileena, Kung Lao, and Raiden are my least favorites. I wish they weren't even in this game lol
Favorites to fight are Rain, Johnny Cage, and Sub Zero. The in your face kombatants.

Fenro

Nordic myth
Favorite: As a JC player i would definitely say any non zoning character

Least favorite: A good Sindel, Kitana or Milleena

Past

Noob
Favorite: Kung Lao. Or should I say WIN NAO. Winning with him should not count anyway so if I lose to Kung Lao I disconnect. Why should he have a win when he's using a broken character? Losses to Kung Lao should not be anyone's record because he is cheap.

Least: Noob Saibot. 0 skill to use. A toddler can pick up Noob and shadow spam. Upknee is a safe shoryuken. Made by noobs for noobs. Joke character.

Favorite: Kung Lao. Or should I say WIN NAO. Winning with him should not count anyway so if I lose to Kung Lao I disconnect. Why should he have a win when he's using a broken character? Losses to Kung Lao should not be anyone's record because he is cheap.

Least: Noob Saibot. 0 skill to use. A toddler can pick up Noob and shadow spam. Upknee is a safe shoryuken. Made by noobs for noobs. Joke character.
Am I being trolled here? Is this real life? Noob is hard as fuck to play against a competent player. Projectile spam I learned to counter in, like, the first fighting game I ever played. Landing resets against players who know how to tech roll/jump out is satisfying as fuck with Noob. Makes me feel like I'm playing Ski-ball lol.

Favorites: Kung Lao, Quan-Chi, Mileena, Shang Tsung. I love facing these but especially love facing good Kung Lao players. Yeah they can walk on me but when I do beat one it feels amazing and I have to be on my A-game because the pressure is so constant. Quan is just a fun, flashy character to me, and I hate Mileena with a passion so I like to Fatality her lol. Shang is just super flashy. I love watching his combos and if I get blown up by a soul steal I always send praise mail.

Least: Reptile, Reptile, Reptile. I main Reptile. I hate mirror matches. Do the math. Also I have trouble punishing dash online :(

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Favorite is Scorpion because he's so predictable, it's funny.

Least favorite is Ermac. I personally feel like his telelift and telepush have unpredictable ranges.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Favorite is Scorpion because he's so predictable, it's funny.
Until you play good scorpions, who become so unpredictable in their mixups it gets ridiculous.

I've actually come to realize I get pissy whenever someone picks a character that's not low tier or Shang Tsung. Sub Zero? *sigh*. Sonya? *sigh*. Cyrax? *sigh*. It took me a while to actually realize this, lol.

aj1701

Warrior
Favorites? Sonya, Jade, Skarlet. Every so often you'll find a player that really knows them, and its just amazing.

Least: Raiden, Kung Lao, and Quan Chi. Raiden and Lao because they seem pretty lag friendly online, and Raiden is usually played the same way. Can usually handle them, but screw up and you eat a few hits. (I don't think I've seen a Raiden do more than a three hit combo, lol). Quan because his mixups always seem to get me, and someone that abuses stomp, not just dropping on my head but to either side. Gives me a hell of a time.

Sub-Zero is annoying as hell. I hate SZ players. Lets pick one of the easiest characters in the game. Throw out clone every second and hide behind it then throw ice balls then dash and do easy combos for 30%. Annoying.

Doctor_V, not all Sub-Zero's play like that. If you are playing one that does, don't play him/her again.
I feel cheaper than a corner of 7/11 and Dairy Queen hooker everytime I get a win off of someone falling into a clone.
Sub-zero is the easiest character to go "Clone.......Clone........Clone........Ice ball" with, but he is by no means the easiest character to play. He has combos that look simple and are easy to execute, but the damage is "decent" compared to how much Kitana, Sektor, Cyrax Etc...can get.
I'm not tryin' to be mean, i just know how it feels to lose to a scrubby sub-zero.(or Scorpions and sindels in my case.)

On topic: my new least favorites are; Sindel, Scorpion, and Reptile. Just terrible.
~Hound