What's new

Fatal Blow follow up sequences... how do you do them?

Fatal blows have a quick time event sort of thing like Injustice (there's a little skull icon for damage boost or a shield icon if the defender defends it). What buttons do you press and how do you know when to press them??

Look at the skull and shield icons popping up under Kano's health bar.

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I just found this out by trying to find the highest damage combos with Kitana in the corner with another guy from Twitter. First we were mashing and getting like .1% more, but one time I got .3% more and decided to look into it.

Turns out if you time pressing button 3 right as the hit happens, you get up to .5% more per hit (raw fatal blow, otherwise it scales) depending on how close to the hit frame you were (.1, .3, or .5%).

The person getting hit can do this also and lower the damage.

The red skulls mean the attacker got the damage buff, the yellow skulls mean the defender got the debuff.

Apparently I'm told that this information is old lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I just found this out by trying to find the highest damage combos with Kitana in the corner with another guy from Twitter. First we were mashing and getting like .1% more, but one time I got .3% more and decided to look into it.

Turns out if you time pressing button 3 right as the hit happens, you get up to .5% more per hit (raw fatal blow, otherwise it scales) depending on how close to the hit frame you were (.1, .3, or .5%).

The person getting hit can do this also and lower the damage.

The red skulls mean the attacker got the damage buff, the yellow skulls mean the defender got the debuff.

Apparently I'm told that this information is old lol
It’s old but not everyone pays attention or knows about it. It’s good to go to practice mode and practice doing the defensive buff on everyone’s fatal blows so you get all their timings down.