What's new

Fatal Blow And Chip Kill

grandabx

The Flameater
Some concerns about Fatal Blow and Chip Kill:

1. Fatal Blow should have a lot more risk and balancing than it does currently. If it is blocked or whiffed, it should go completely away. It should require a full offense meter to activate. It should be negative enough to be punished on block. Create a Fatal Blow shortcut option that only goes through the initial hit (animation takes forever to play out). For how momentum-changing it is, it needs to be a lot less spammy and reckless in use.

2. Why is chip kill still a thing in 2019? Chip is perfectly fine and chip kill would be too if there was a system alleviating actions.Last Breath isn't it. They should do something like Faultless Defense in Guilty Gear, where you enter into a blocking stance with a combination of block and another button. It would drain the defense bar and cause regeneration of the meter to be slower. Mash kill and Dot chip kill is not attractive and players being punished for doing what they're supposed to do when attacked(block)needs tuning.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Fatal blows are punishable on block and whiff. Some of them are full combo punishable. The only one I coudn’t punish was Frost since her FB is full screen and has armor but it can be ducked under. Perfect block takes away chip kills and it brings me memories of EVO 37.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Every game is removing chip kill, and it fucking sucks. Stay away from my chip kill. I like my NRS games to have strong beefy chip, and my comebacks to actually be hype.

You mean rewarding bad Erron Black players with a fullscreen 35% that recharges in 7 seconds if whiffed is not a good mechanic?

Fatal Blow completely ruins the flow of the matches. I don't know what genius thought forcing the Xray animations in every match, making it literally free, armored and considerably safe on block was a good idea but it will kill the game. If you're bad you shouldn't be rewarded with a comeback/win button.

"git gud u can punish ur bad"

That changes absolutely nothing. It's still a crutch mechanic that gives players automatic free pressure and an undeserved chance to comeback and win a game they wouldn't win otherwise. The moment some player has a fatal blow you're instantly forced to stop doing whatever you're doing and give him the control of the match, because literally one hit that connects is a guaranteed fatal blow.

The very least they need to do is lose the move on whiff and block. It's absolutely ridiculous that it comes back. Not only you're rewarding the loser for losing the game, you're not punishing him for freaking missing their free pressure/comeback button.

grandabx

The Flameater
Fatal blows are punishable on block and whiff. Some of them are full combo punishable. The only one I coudn’t punish was Frost since her FB is full screen and has armor but it can be ducked under. Perfect block takes away chip kills and it brings me memories of EVO 37.
Street Fighter 3 doesn't have dot or normal attacks that chip. Parrying is balanced in 3S. In MK, who cares about securing a hit just make them block and it's over.

DragonofDadashov24

Street Fighter 3 doesn't have dot or normal attacks that chip. Parrying is balanced in 3S. In MK, who cares about securing a hit just make them block and it's over.
Didn’t say a word about comparing these games. Be glad there is no Liu Kang chip damage from MKX

DragonofDadashov24

You mean rewarding bad Erron Black players with a fullscreen 35% that recharges in 7 seconds if whiffed is not a good mechanic?

Fatal Blow completely ruins the flow of the matches. I don't know what genius thought forcing the Xray animations in every match, making it literally free, armored and considerably safe on block was a good idea but it will kill the game. If you're bad you shouldn't be rewarded with a comeback/win button.

That changes absolutely nothing. It's still a crutch mechanic that gives players automatic free pressure and an undeserved chance to comeback and win a game they wouldn't win otherwise. The moment some player has a fatal blow you're instantly forced to stop doing whatever you're doing and give him the control of the match, because literally one hit that connects is a guaranteed fatal blow.

The very least they need to do is lose the move on whiff and block. It's absolutely ridiculous that it comes back. Not only you're rewarding the loser for losing the game, you're not punishing him for freaking missing their free pressure/comeback button.
Disagreed.

grandabx

The Flameater

It seriously hurts playing neutral when winning on stamina doesn't really give any benefit and losing is like being given a Blue Shell from Mario Kart. Everything slows down once a player is in Fatal mode. Who the hell finds winning with a losing-assist mechanic interesting? You didn't earn that damage.

DragonofDadashov24

???

"Perfect block takes away chip kills and it brings me memories of EVO 37. "

Short-term memory perhaps?
Did I compare them? No. I said it brings memories of Daigo parry which was hype af, I think there will be perfect block comebacks at tourneys