What's new

[Fanfic] Eclipse

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Forward: I just felt inspired after learning more about The Flash, Doomsday, and Gorilla Grodd to write this. Not so much Superman: my hatred for the Man of Steel rivals that of Lex Luthor's, but at least he has to be rescued from Gorilla Grodd by The Flash in this ^_^

As for why this forum (TYM), two reasons: one, I want to generate some interest in Gorilla Grodd so that he might have a shot of being DLC or in another Injustice game (if there is one). Second, I don't feel like creating an account on a comic forum for the sole purpose of posting this fanfic. Mods, feel free to move if it is in the wrong forum.

A ship crashes in the African jungle surrounding Gorilla City. Recalling the events of how he gained his own powers, Gorilla Grodd goes to investigate. Upon arriving at the crash site, Gorilla Grodd notices the body of Doomsday, mangled from the crash, starting to regenerate under the debris.

Grodd unearths the body and uses telekinesis to communicate with Doomsday's mind, demanding to know more about the origins of Doomsday's powers. As the memories of his countless deaths return to the front of his mind, Doomsday revives and battles Grodd, besting him despite Grodd reading his mind. After Grodd is seemingly defeated, Doomsday begans to ravage Gorilla City. Before he can destroy anything more than a temple, Grodd arrives and demands that Doomsday kneel before him. Doomsday unwilling obliges as Grodd reveals to him that he couldn't let someone more powerful than him go to waste.

Doomsday and Grodd then arrive in Metropolis, the latter commanding the former to wreak havoc upon the Hall of Justice as he goes elsewhere. Superman and The Flash come to confront Doomsday, but as Doomsday is about to be slain, an eclipse occurs, draining Superman of his powers. Grodd then appears and reveals that he caused the eclipse before relinquishing the rebellious Doomsday from his control, gaining control of the weakend Superman, and ending the eclipse.

The dominated and unrestrained Superman easily disposes of Doomsday before confronting the Flash. The fight continues throughout Metropolis, with Flash's superhuman endurance reaching its limits. Havign few options avaiable, the Flash flees from Metropolis. Grodd commands superman to follow, but Superman cannot match the Flash in speed. Unaware of this and fixated on defeating The Flash, Grodd continues to prod Superman towards the Flash. Eventually Grodd gives up the chase and commands Superman to head to Central City, where he wreaks even more death and destruction.

The Flash arrives and punches Superman into the sun, able to do so because of the immense momentum he had accumulated during his escape. Rapidly losing control of the empowered Superman, Grodd flees and returns to his home in Gorilla City.