What's new

Question F4 Ex Dash to 1,rd (Shouldn't this combo?)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Framely speaking F4 ex dash is +11 on hit but every time i hit 1~rd afterwards Skarlet always get 1 or 2 frames late after the opponent being able to block again.
But when i jump to compare the animations i can see she has enough room for a link, WTF?

Somberness, its there by any means a glitch that doesn't allows skarlet to start striking right after the 27f or Krimson Dash?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Framely speaking F4 ex dash is +11 on hit but every time i hit 1~rd afterwards Skarlet always get 1 or 2 frames late after the opponent being able to block again.
But when i jump to compare the animations i can see she has enough room for a link, WTF?

Somberness, its there by any means a glitch that doesn't allows skarlet to start striking right after the 27f or Krimson Dash?
I actually was testing this. But I could never get it to work.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
On F4 hit, why wouldn't you just do an up-slash on reaction or down-slash if you know it's going to connect? I don't see a situation where you would do this instead of something else that would hit harder.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
On F4 hit, why wouldn't you just do an up-slash on reaction or down-slash if you know it's going to connect? I don't see a situation where you would do this instead of something else that would hit harder.
The Main idea was extending damage with another normal before using up slash or downslash, like Rain does when he goes 3~exRHC 32~RD.
Or
3~RHC 43~Lightning

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Yeah but in this situation where you're trying to link a standing 1 you would have to use an EX up slash after using an EX red dash. It's just not efficient.

And more to the point, if you're linking F4 to EX Red Dash, then you must be using the F4 as a phantom hit so you can armor through their wakeup attack. I don't see any reason you'd link an EX Red Dash after hitting with F4. Either empty red dash into more block string pressure, reaction up slash, or planned down slash.