What's new

F4 3 4 upskull in the corner

I'm in training mode right now. I was practicing F4 3 4 upskull into F4 upskull (All on block).

Sometimes I would be able to input the second F4 without dashing, and other things the string would push me back too far, making it whiff. Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a reason for it, or is this just another random occurance of MK9?

It seems like it might have something to do with how fast you input the upskull while your string is coming out, but I can't tell. Nothing I try to do makes it come out 100% of the time one way or the other. This is annoying to me. If the string pushes you back too far for a F4 without having to dash in, thats the end of your pressure.

NKZero

Noob
it might have something to do with speed. I've noticed something similar and I feel like if I input the string slower, there isn't much pushback but if I do it way before the animation comes out on screen then I get more pushback. Regardless after a F434 into up skull I just go for a D4-up skull or D3 into F4-up skull or D3 into D4-up skull. The options are limitless really from then on.

NKZero

Noob
wait a second are we talking about fucking up skulls or ground skulls lol??!!!! greeneless confused the shit out of me with him calling them up skulls (which may be intentional). I however was referring to ground skulls (even though I said up skulls) and now fr stack called them up skulls lol.....

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
wait a second are we talking about fucking up skulls or ground skulls lol??!!!! greeneless confused the shit out of me with him calling them up skulls (which may be intentional). I however was referring to ground skulls (even though I said up skulls) and now fr stack called them up skulls lol.....
lol upskulls down up 2
ground skulls down up 4:)

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
If you're too close to the corner, it will push you further and you will need to dash back in to f4, gs.

You have to be in the corner but just a few steps away from it, so that the pushback from f4,3,4 is minimum.