What's new

Tech - Commando F33 setup vs big bodies

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
F33 is a pretty bad string but it has it's uses in commando, namely it's a tick. The problem is that if they take the second hit you eat a full combo. Now since the patch you can MB your command grab to avoid that but then they can just jump and full combo punish you anyway. This would not be an issue if choke didn't whiff ON HIT from F33. BUT FEAR NOT because I labbed what characters you can actually use this against.

F33 into choke will hit midscreen and in the corner on:

• Goro
  • Ferra/Torr
F33 into choke will hit in the corner UNLESS you're from max distance (if you do a Rib strike you need to RC F33 to reach the right distance):

• Kotal Kahn
  • Leatherface
  • Alien
F33 into choke will hit RANDOMLY (but not very often) in the corner:

• Tremor
  • Predator
F33 into choke won't hit the rest of the cast, including Jason for some reason.

This tech is mostly useful in the corner but on Goro and F/T it's quite decent midscreen. Bear in mind that F33 choke doesn't jail so backdash and armor are viable options.

@Jupe
@ando1184
@bdizzle2700
@countrypistol
@Derptile
@FlappyDaniel
@MrInsaynne
@SaltShaker
@The Hex Man
@Youphemism
@ETC AdmiralAugustus
@Phosferrax
@Scott The Scot
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@jokey77

i love f33 string. it does have some good uses. mainly on hit tick throws that i haven't seen anyone use. that i use. if anyone hasn't seen the on hit tick throws yet i will make a video demonstrating the tech. imo i think everyone has been thinking about the string wrong. this is also some really really good tech. good job on this video. you always bring good tech.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I feel Commando (or cyber due to up laser totally denying telestomp) is the way to go vs Goro. Ferra Torr is a toss up but I like commando there as well.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
i love f33 string. it does have some good uses. mainly on hit tick throws that i haven't seen anyone use. that i use. if anyone hasn't seen the on hit tick throws yet i will make a video demonstrating the tech. imo i think everyone has been thinking about the string wrong. this is also some really really good tech. good job on this video. you always bring good tech.
Thanks. The problem with f33 is it's properties. No range, a bit on the slow side, doesn't jail into choke, doesn't let choke connect ON HIT. But the worst part is the second hit, the low. It fucks you up if people are sleeping and you eat a full combo for trying to tick. Not the best feeling.