What's new

Strategy F3 midscreen

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
So i found this a couple of days ago and was so hyped when I found it. With any combo midscreen that is a medium/hard knockdown (f13,113,32,b23, f1 juggling, nj3, d2) you can dash up on top of them and do f3 and if timed right , it will cross up. It doesn't reverse inputs for wakeups (which would be broken AF if it did), but can still be used safely (unless if your opponent has a WU that does more than one hit) with MB. You can also hold the f3 so it doesn't cross up to keep your opponent on their toes. And if you get MBSH in a combo or raw, you can do b3,ji2,ji3 and you'll land on top of your opponent if you get that to connect to do the f3 cross up

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Are you sure it crosses up? Thought I found the same kind of thing with doomsday but realised it only crossed up on hit and it could always be blocked the same way. If it doesn't reverse inputs then I'm skeptical as it sounds like the same kind of thing.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Are you sure it crosses up? Thought I found the same kind of thing with doomsday but realised it only crossed up on hit and it could always be blocked the same way. If it doesn't reverse inputs then I'm skeptical as it sounds like the same kind of thing.
I'm pretty sure it crosses up but I could be wrong. Even if it doesn't, it still counts for swag in my book

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
yeah unfortunately the air throw in the corner is the only way to set up a f3 cross over , that i know of anyway

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Yea it doesn't cross up just the animation crosses up :(
Now hold on just a second, as soon as I saw this I thought back to a time way back when grundy was my main and I was doing an old set up(the old corpse hop set up). I did a raw f3 and I swear it crossed up, but I immediately thought it was what you just said. Just the animation crossing over. Now even if thats the case, I would still like to know the exact set up that you got that fake cross up f3 with(I still think it has use at a high level, if a player sees something that looks cross up its a risk to block it normal. At the very least it can cause some hesitation which is still good in my book).

Also im going to put some work into seeing if there actually is a way to get f3 to cross up midscreen. As always good shit posting and keeping the grundy forum active

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
The way I usually do it is ji2112 MBSH ji2 f13, dash, f3. It may have a purpose that I'm not seeing right now but that really bummed me out when I recorded myself doing it and blocked it lol. And @fr stack I can't do that setup in the corner with Grundy either cuz the ps4 version never got the hot fix. A decent amount of the shit is different between the 360 and ps4 version, found that out when I was playing @ll Nooby ll