What's new

F3 AlucarD Wins Mashbats #1

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The first annual Mashbats (a melding of our local Mitten Masher Monday and the Ranbats) was Monday. It saw several special FT5 exhibitions with players like Footwork, Mello, and Vman as well as a tournament. More footage to be posted as it's uploaded

Tournament results:
1. F3 alucarD (Sun God Kotal Kahn)
2. JWE Compbros (Spec Ops Cassie Cage, Special Forces Sonya Blade)
3. Vman (Kobu Jutsu Tanya, Hollywood Cassie Cage)

Battle Log:
Winners Finals - Compbros vs. alucarD - 1-3
Losers Finals - Compbros vs. Vman - 3-2
Grand Finals - Compbros vs. alucarD - 0-3

Special FT5 Exhibitions:
CORN Mello (Cryomancer/Grandmaster Sub-zero) vs. Vman (Kobu Jutsu Tanya, Hollywood Cassie Cage)

Result
Vman wins 5-3

CORN Footwurk (Metallic Tremor) vs. JWE Compbros (Spec Ops Cassie Cage). This exhibition was personally put together by alucarD.

Result:
Compbros wins 5-0

Attachments

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Tremor's mids becoming highs killed his interest in the character. The exhibition between Footwurk and myself was to see how viable the character could still be.
yeah thats what 95% of tremor forum is at mo, complaining about losing the 2 being mid.
as soon as tremor was released i was pretty sure that was going seeing as no one else 2 is mid.
but then again no one had a armored move they can run cancel out of so i guess the logic on why i thought the mid 2 would go isnt the soundest lol

but personally i feel all the things he got in the patch well make up for it,
faster stone punch and shatter means his armor doesnt get crushed near every time so improves his reversal/wakeup game
rolling cutter buff helping crystalline alot to help get a knockdown trade on people trying to zone you out to help get in and gives aftershock/metallic a plus on block low launcher like crystalline but without the armor
bf2 recovery is nice aswell but still dont use that special too much but it has mad plus frames now so i want try find a way to work it in.
even though i rarely use the variation the 5 frame safer air ground pound was also a nice buff for the character.

i think the biggest "nerf" tremor got last patch was he is still effected by the extra pushback bug from stumble animations, he still cant punish stuff he should be able to because of this, it super annoying

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Couldn't tell you, never was feeling Tremor so didn't play him. Footwurk struggled a lot in our set though he said he's found some new stuff with Tremor.

Was there a reason he used metallic only and never changed to lava stance? Was that part of the exhibition? I have only played aftershock since his release and believe it's by far his strongest variation and, the one that was hurt the least by the s2 change.

yeah thats what 95% of tremor forum is at mo, complaining about losing the 2 being mid.
as soon as tremor was released i was pretty sure that was going seeing as no one else 2 is mid.
but then again no one had a armored move they can run cancel out of so i guess the logic on why i thought the mid 2 would go isnt the soundest lol

but personally i feel all the things he got in the patch well make up for it,
faster stone punch and shatter means his armor doesnt get crushed near every time so improves his reversal/wakeup game
rolling cutter buff helping crystalline alot to help get a knockdown trade on people trying to zone you out to help get in and gives aftershock/metallic a plus on block low launcher like crystalline but without the armor
bf2 recovery is nice aswell but still dont use that special too much but it has mad plus frames now so i want try find a way to work it in.
even though i rarely use the variation the 5 frame safer air ground pound was also a nice buff for the character.

i think the biggest "nerf" tremor got last patch was he is still effected by the extra pushback bug from stumble animations, he still cant punish stuff he should be able to because of this, it super annoying
Looks like Tremor is still DJT's main, and ironically, he's been playing Crystalline the most on stream nowadays. Still dominates with him.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Was there a reason he used metallic only and never changed to lava stance? Was that part of the exhibition? I have only played aftershock since his release and believe it's by far his strongest variation and, the one that was hurt the least by the s2 change.

No, he just liked metallic. The exhibition was with Footwurk, not alucarD.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ah, forgot my tag. @Tim Static
Thank you sir. Question: Does this event have a logo etc? I just used the Mitten Masher Monday logo, but if there is something else, please let me know. I love to promote any gathering/locals/ranbants etc etc but it looks better when they have logos to add to their special flavor. Let me know! :coffee:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Congrats to Alucard.

I'm surprised he hasn't won one before this. Dude is the truth at MKX.