What's new

f23

4x4lo8o

Noob
After jip or after a d4 hits are the times where it's most guaranteed. After d3 or d1 hits is good too if they don't poke back or interrupt you with something else. Basically, any time you think they will hold block.
I don't like to use it after d4. d4 on hit gives you enough advantage that you get a free jump in, a free throw attempt, or you can use b312 and if they try to press anything they get hit. If you think they're going to block you're better off going for the throw or taking your jump in and if you think you're going to hit them f23 isn't really the string you want to use.

After jips it's alright, but after jip you can go for 22 which has all the same advantages as f23, plus it links into normal shocker so you don't have to use meter and you end the string with the low.

I use f2 after d1 and d3 or when I teleport and know they can't react/punish but also will be able to block before I can land a superman or b312 punish. Also, after b31 like I said above or just in other situations where you think they're going to block

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I don't like to use it after d4. d4 on hit gives you enough advantage that you get a free jump in, a free throw attempt, or you can use b312 and if they try to press anything they get hit. If you think they're going to block you're better off going for the throw or taking your jump in and if you think you're going to hit them f23 isn't really the string you want to use.
D4 on hit doesn't give a free jump in. It's +15. They can armor through your jump in. I used to do that too until some smart players started blowing me up for it.

Throwing is good, yes. Actually, conditioning them to expect the throw might cause them to let go of block next time your d4 hits which will allow you to come in and hit confirm a f23 shocker or any other string you want to do. Of course I don't f23 after every d4 on hit. You have to keep them on their toes, but it is a good option.

After jips it's alright, but after jip you can go for 22 which has all the same advantages as f23, plus it links into normal shocker so you don't have to use meter and you end the string with the low
You can go for a lot of things after jip haha. Just another option. 22 is good too.

I use f2 after d1 and d3 or when I teleport and know they can't react/punish but also will be able to block before I can land a superman or b312 punish. Also, after b31 like I said above or just in other situations where you think they're going to block
Yeah that's when I use f2 as well. I don't usually like to do it after b31 on block. At this point you're negative a good number of frames, but whatever works!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Krayzie was using it a lot like a year ago. He found out it jailed back then and told me since I was interested in using Raiden back then.

It's actually really good. F2 3 mix ups with D3's.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
if i remember correctly justin wong used this string very much in his competitive mk turnouts

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
lol thats my useless tech that sgt reed was laughing at.i still do it though
MK players are really close minded about tech, once you experience other communities you'll see that what is known as "tech" to MK players is "broken stuff" in other games

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
MK players are really close minded about tech, once you experience other communities you'll see that what is known as "tech" to MK players is "broken stuff" in other games
well mk9 is full of broken random bullshit anyway so theres not really anything that you could call tech.tbh i dont even think the frame data is 100% accurate for this game.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
f23~ex-teleport isn't considered tech, imo. It's just an option if you think the opponent is going to try and punish your f23~tele. I would probably save the ex-tele though since f23~tele puts you at -3. If you want to use meter to armor through their next move, you can... but I see it as a waste of meter unless it works... in which case it wasn't a waste of meter haha. But I think you'd be better off just blocking after a f23~tele or going for a cross up there as most people won't be able to react that quickly and if they're trying to mash out a punish your crossup will probably get them. Of course you have other options too.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
tbh i havent really found a use for ex tele so i just throw it out sometimes after f23,usually gets a free throw.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
tbh i havent really found a use for ex tele so i just throw it out sometimes after f23,usually gets a free throw.
Ex-tele is really good. I mostly use it to bait out an attempted punish on the first teleport, I normally get a full combo from it. When I know the opponent is trying to bait me to tele, thats when I use it. Also they start to respect it after a couple of times if you hit them hard with it, which opens up your options with regular teleport.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ex-tele is really good. I mostly use it to bait out an attempted punish on the first teleport, I normally get a full combo from it. When I know the opponent is trying to bait me to tele, thats when I use it. Also they start to respect it after a couple of times if you hit them hard with it, which opens up your options with regular teleport.
Exactly. Ex-teleport is best used when you know they are good at punishing regular tele. It can also be used when they are waking up to confuse their directions and stuff their wakeup attempt. Then there's the mixup after 1212 between regular tele and ex-tele since regular tele is -6 and they get a free string there. The ex-tele can punish them for going for the free pressure.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
thanks for the tips,im going to finally try and put abit of effort into raiden instead of doing random bullshit.is it me or is the ex tele awkward to pull off? i dont mean after a blockstring i mean just a naked one. i cant seem to get it everytime lol

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
thanks for the tips,im going to finally try and put abit of effort into raiden instead of doing random bullshit.is it me or is the ex tele awkward to pull off? i dont mean after a blockstring i mean just a naked one. i cant seem to get it everytime lol
It can be, yes. I do it like this: down, hold block, up in fast succession