What's new

Tech F21 Direction Reversing Cornering Combo

SEV

Noob
Hey there, not sure whether or not this is known tech but I was messing around in the lab and found that Flash has a way to reverse the direction of your F21 SP combos mid combo without crossing over. So this combo will allow you to bring the enemy to the corner of the stage on the side that you were on if you are between the corner and the enemy, doing 38-39% damage despite D2 scaling, and allowing Flash to begin his corner game. The combo is:

F21 xx SP(MB) D2 B3 Ji3 (ender)

The ender will depend on the distance from the corner that the combo started on.

For max distance, required if near center stage, use b22f3 (SP). Flying Uppercut will yield the most distance and will be required if almost center stage whereas any other special will yield 1% more damage. 38-39% damage.

From quarter screen, use either the 32 or B22F3 ender, and both will land the enemy in the corner. B22F3 will do 1% more damage. 38-39% damage.

The best usage of this combo is if you are between the corner and quarter screen. By using a 112 LC ender, you are able to get Flash's double cross up F3 corner set up if timed properly. 38% damage.

The execution of the combo only requires a quick D2 after the Sonic Pound MB. The D2 prevents the enemy from crossing over after your cross over Sonic Pound, keeping them behind you and reversing Flash's direction. After the D2 you will have to reverse you input direction as well.

Unfortunately you can not get the double cross up F3 mid screen set up off this like you can from the LK MB D2 set up.

So now whenever the Flash lands a F21 combo he is able to corner the enemy regardless of stage positioning. Again no video so feel free to upload one and I hope this tech post is more useful than my last.

EDIT: Works whenever Sonic Pound crosses up, not just F21. Kinda obvious. I feel dumb. Also in situations too close to transition walls you have to use [starter] SP(MB) D2 F3 B22F3 (SP) for 35-36% damage.

Also I understand that it is known tech that the SP crosses over, I just have not seen something like this used for positioning gain; that is the tech, not the cross over.

EDIT: Started a new thread for the wall bounce corner reset.

AK Harold
Zyphox
SaJa
Xenrail
LEGEND
Hellion_96
FCP/EMP SCAR
AYSAMO
Awesomo

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Hey there, not sure whether or not this is known tech but I was messing around in the lab and found that Flash has a way to reverse the direction of your F21 SP combos mid combo without crossing over. So this combo will allow you to bring the enemy to the corner of the stage on the side that you were on if you are between the corner and the enemy, doing 38-39% damage despite D2 scaling, and allowing Flash to begin his corner game. The combo is:

F21 xx SP(MB) D2 B3 Ji3 (ender)

The ender will depend on the distance from the corner that the combo started on.

For max distance, required if near center stage, use b22f3 SP. Flying Uppercut will yield the most distance and will be required if almost center stage whereas any other special will yield 1% more damage. 38-39% damage.

From quarter screen, use either the 32 or B22F3 ender, and both will land the enemy in the corner. B22F3 will do 1% more damage. 38-39% damage.

The best usage of this combo is if you are between the corner and quarter screen. By using a 112 LC ender, you are able to get Flash's double cross up F3 corner set up if timed properly. 38% damage.

The execution of the combo only requires a quick D2 after the Sonic Pound MB. The D2 prevents the enemy from crossing over after your cross over Sonic Pound, keeping them behind you and reversing Flash's direction. After the D2 you will have to reverse you input direction as well.

Unfortunately you can not get the double cross up F3 mid screen set up off this like you can from the LK MB D2 set up.

So now whenever the Flash lands a F21 combo he is able to corner the enemy regardless of stage positioning. Again no video so feel free to upload one and I hope this tech post is more useful than my last.

AK Harold
Zyphox
SaJa
Xenrail
LEGEND
Hellion_96
FCP/EMP SCAR
AYSAMO
Awesomo
you know you can just do SP close so it doesn't change directions right?

SEV

Noob
you know you can just do SP close so it doesn't change directions right?
Yeah the point of the combo is that you CAN change the direction. It allows you to corner the opponent from anywhere on the stage off a confirmed F21. I'm either missing your point or you mine.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Yeah the point of the combo is that you CAN change the directions. It allows you to corner the opponent from anywhere on the stage off a confirmed F21. Or maybe I'm missing your point ?
well i've known about this for a while with the d2 done early keeps you on the same side, but i deemed in unnecessary since when i do f21 sonic pound (close) i get more damage and they keep going the same way i started the combo, instead of the opposite direction, so i can control the combo from the start instead of mid air.
EDIT: for some reason i thought you were talking about trait combos derp. :D
what i was saying was only for trait combos. so yeah this is good for get your opponent to the corner

SEV

Noob
well i've known about this for a while with the d2 done early keeps you on the same side, but i deemed in unnecessary since when i do f21 sonic pound (close) i get more damage and they keep going the same way i started the combo, instead of the opposite direction, so i can control the combo from the start instead of mid air.
I get you, I just figured the 3% damage loss was worth the positioning gain. I know Flash is fine mid screen but cornering is better I thought. Also as an example against characters that you want to corner like Sinestro I figured this could be useful. And another example would be the off the LK MB 32 corner reset, you could corner them again if you land the F21 off the 50/50 rather than taking them mid screen.