What's new

Tech - Ethereal F14~EX Fade Is Insanely Plus (video) (~+10)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Check out this video

It pretty much guarantees a throw. You have to neutral crouch or jump to get out of it, which is suicide considering all of her guaranteed strings. Anyone who is not Kung Lao or Cassie has to respect a F4 or basically anything you want after it, and if you start mashing armor, her ex Roll will eat it alive.

OH, and if you do the EX Forward Fade...it actually reverses your Reversal inputs. Good luck doing that on reaction. Get punished.

What do you think? Too Strong? Amazing? She Needs it?

I am going to have so much fun labbing her out now.

Here is a 16F normal beating Kung Lao's spin.

Last edited:
Another reason this game is trash. There is so much of this shit in this game it is ridiculous. Blocked shit or whiffs should almost guarantee you're gonna get punished. Not give you an almost guaranteed follow up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Another reason this game is trash. There is so much of this shit in this game it is ridiculous. Blocked shit or whiffs should almost guarantee you're gonna get punished. Not give you an almost guaranteed follow up.
To be fair, the timing seems tight, it costs a bar and does like... 17% damage.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
ON the crossup fade (not shown in the video) I have traded with Kung Lao's spin using a 16f normal. That would make it around +23.

The video here only shows stationary EX Fade.
Oh I see. Ferra/Torr has something like this as well, though ours is +24.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah, because there's none of that in SF, right? No ex tiger knee, blockstrings into jaguar kick, ex fireballs, etc.

But let's just trash this game for being "different" or actually different and keep dragging our jobber online asses to this site to hate on it.

This is only about +9 to +12
If you do f3 Ex teleport you are at about +20ish
and f34 ex fade is about +15

Set the dummy to block, and movement to jump

Do f14 ex fade, then jump up
Do f3 ex fade and then jump

the difference is by a lot.

The thing that scares me about f14, is that on some characters it whiffs due to the hitbox, lao is one of them :(

That's cool and all but I'm pretty sure this will prove to be ineffective. I mean if you are already in the position to get a f1 on block, why just not go for the 50/50 directly (or whatever option after f1 to be safe if you don't want to risk), and waste a bar (that she really needs for her 50/50s) to be at +23? for 5% chip? Waste a bar for a grab? Meh..

That's cool and all but I'm pretty sure this will prove to be ineffective. I mean if you are already in the position to get a f1 on block, why just not go for the 50/50 directly (or whatever option after f1 to be safe if you don't want to risk), and waste a bar (that she really needs for her 50/50s) to be at +23? for 5% chip? Waste a bar for a grab? Meh..
I think the thing that will be so deadly in this variation is that whiffed moves can be punished. Maybe some knocked her out of her roll. This is where ex fade comes into play. :D

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
this is way safer then throwing out ex roll

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
That's crazy good. This patch is making it harder to pick another character. I've found my mains but you always want something else to spice up the game. A lot more variations became interesting again.

If you go for the 50/50 off f1 then you have to use meter for the ex roll. and people are way more likely to punish an ex roll then they are to neutral duck a throw for a punish.
My point was Mileenas options after being at +23 is not worth to waste a bar. If you want to go for a 50/50 you can already go if you landed a f1. All she can get is some chip damage or a throw. Maybe it will be useful at closing rounds, but that's all.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This is only about +9 to +12
If you do f3 Ex teleport you are at about +20ish
and f34 ex fade is about +15

Set the dummy to block, and movement to jump

Do f14 ex fade, then jump up
Do f3 ex fade and then jump

the difference is by a lot.

The thing that scares me about f14, is that on some characters it whiffs due to the hitbox, lao is one of them :(
It doesn't whiff on standing hitbox unless you are at a distance where the 2 would naturally whiff. I just tested it. I will show you me beating the spin consistently from 13F to 17F Mileena normals.

Would have to check if it whiffs on his hitbox on crouch, but a lot of her weird shit like that got fixed. For instance, F1 now hits Raiden all the time when it never did before.

Edit - rewatched my video. F14 hits crouching Kung Lao.

Last edited:

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Chance I'm not sure I recognise her movement, can you do some more F14 EX Fades please so I know what I'm looking out for?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Im uploading a clip right now with F14 10000 times on repeat. @Temjiin

But seriously I am uploading a clip, @Mr. Mileena which shows my F1 beating spin cleanly. It's all one big 30 second take.

Last edited: