What's new

Tech F.3 Splat Tech and Other Crappy Gimmicks

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I found this a while ago and discussed it in private for a while and I've determined it is indeed useful at least in some way.

What this is is using F.3 for the hard knockdown properties in a way that leaves Shazam directly on top of the opponent. Obviously you must land a bounce before hand and it's honestly easier doing bounce~stringxxHM~f.3. You have to land the f.3 immediately upon landing or it will send them away in the normal knockdown.

By neutral jumping in the knockdown, depending when you do it it will either cross up or not. Note that the non-cross up is the only way your neutral jump attack will hit, so use an empty jump to recover faster and punish them for stand blocking.

This does NOT work on the big bodies. At all.

Some basic combos (for 1 bar) lol (normal/trait) --
f.3 j.2 f.223 HM MB f.3 - 34%/41% (44%)
b.23 d.2 b.3 j.2 f.223 HM MB f.3 - 30%/41%
F.22 BGB b.3 j.3 f.223 HM MB f.3 - 41% (44%)/46% (51%)

UPDATE: Silly me, I forgot to put your best follow ups :p
f.12 HM b.3 j2 f.223xxHM - 38% (41% non cross up w/ n.j)/42% (44%)
F.22 HM MB b.3 j.3 f.223 HM - 46% (52% with n.j.2)/56% (62%)
22 HM MB b.3 j.2 f.223 HM - 34% tick throw (38%)/38% (41%)

It's also worth noting that you can loop his intractable combos into itself for about a little over 30% for each go. (Not including first BnB) Obviously it's not much but having the meter + making the guesses let's you stack damage pretty quickly. Of course you can choose to maximize damage as well.

Example BNBs
F.22 BGB b.3 dash under HM MB f.3 - 32%(35%)/49%(51%)
N.J.2 f.12 BGB b.3 dash under HM MB f.3 - 34%/38%
N.J.2 BGB b.3 dash under HM MB f.3 - 33%/37%

Optimal Damage Combos
F.22 BGB b.3 j.3 f.223 HM MB j.3 AC - 45% (48%)/53% (55%)
N.J.2 f.12 BGB b.3 j.3 f.223 HM MB j.3 AC - 46%/51%
BGB b.3 j.3 f.223 HM MB j.3 AC - 44% (46%)/50%(52%)

So as you can see, with just 2 bars and a good guess Shazam can deal upwards of 80% in one go!

An unfinished collection of wake-ups to be aware of that I'll complete when I feel like it:

Superman
Rising Grab neutral jump and whiff punish w/ b.23 for 40% (tight window)
Super Breath can be stuffed but difficult to do with j.1, j.2 is easier
Flying Punch - Stuffed on start up, need to use other combo because he's airborne

MMH
Push beats everything, MB armor will beat all his wake ups though.

Zod
Phantom Strike - Neutral jump 2 will whiff punish it, convert to f.22 for 52% punish
Zod Charge - escapes on a read but is punishable

KF
Slide recovers quickly but timed right a neutral jump gives you enough time to HM her for 40%

Wonder Woman
Lasso Spin - do your normal set up, block on reaction and punish with d.1 convert to HM for 42% total

Deathstroke
Sword Flip - Hits you out of jump but is super punishable.
Sword Spin - whiffs on jump for full combo.

Hawkgirl
Mace Charge punished by jb3 into 45%
Wing Evade armor or read and jump forward 2 for I dunno

And now for the other shitty thing because I haven't seen it anywhere else so forgive me

By ending in the normal F.3 HKD or MB AC, you can dash twice and neutral jump for an unseeable neutral jump cross-up mix-up. Be aware that you don't have much advantage and it's very likely the opponent can launch you with a fast D.2 or anti-air move (provided it can hit directly above itself). It's decent for a mind-fuck and for the slower opponents, but unless Shazam gets more advantage off of either or a faster dash I wouldn't say this is more than a gimmick. :(

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Needs bumping, this is a bit of a gimmick but I've used it plenty now and no one has ever seen this so it always plays on their head, they either wake up wrong or get put into another full combo.

Except wonder woman! Her lasso spin will mess you up all day long.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Needs bumping, this is a bit of a gimmick but I've used it plenty now and no one has ever seen this so it always plays on their head, they either wake up wrong or get put into another full combo.

Except wonder woman! Her lasso spin will mess you up all day long.
No it doesn't

You can block and punish lol