What's new

Exploring F23 on hard knock downs.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Okay, I need help testing this.

I was messing with f23 after u3 and found that if you time it just after u3, the f2 will whiff and the 3(ice block) will stuff some wake ups. Putting them back into an untechable knock down. I've tested it on jokers crow bar and black Adams lightning storm and the both get stuffed. Which got me thinking about testing it on every wake up in the game.

Did further testing and Deathstrokes flip and spin beat it. Trying to find a pattern

The reason I think this needs testing is so we can compile a list and use the knowledge to help set up the meterless vortex and condition opponents.

Thoughts?

Konqrr
GGA 16 Bit
RiBBz22
ApocaLips
xKhaoTik
Ghostface777o0o

I was messing with f23 after u3 and found that if you time it just after u3, the f2 will whiff and the 3(ice block) will stuff some wake ups. Putting them back into an untechable knock down. I've tested it on jokers crow bar and black Adams lightning storm and the both get stuffed. Which got me thinking about testing it on every wake up in the game.

Did further testing and Deathstrokes flip and spin beat it. Trying to find a pattern

The reason I think this needs testing is so we can compile a list and use the knowledge to help set up the meterless vortex and condition opponents.

Thoughts?

Konqrr
GGA 16 Bit
RiBBz22
ApocaLips
xKhaoTik
Ghostface777o0o
It seems like a good thought to me. My guess is that it's just like most OTGs - you can force the opponent not to wait so long to input wakeups, but they still can.

Does it cross up? That could give it use beyond slide otg.

I'm not too current on the otg/wakeup mechanics of this game, sorry.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Thoughts?

Konqrr
GGA 16 Bit
RiBBz22
ApocaLips
xKhaoTik
Ghostface777o0o
I tested against BA Lightning Cage and it was hit and miss... there is a very specific window that you must time the f23 for it to stuff him so it got me thinking, can I just d1 punish it before the move becomes active? Yes, you can lol

You also can't use the f23 setup after using u3 when the combo gravity is too high or they can wakeup faster and stuff you.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I wanted to mess around with this yesterday but didn't have time. Hopefully soon. It seems like it could potentially be an interesting wrinkle in the meterless vortex I guess. After you do it though it will eliminate the potential of a cross up, but if it reliably stuffs some wake ups I can still see it being useful.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I think I want to compile a character specific list of wake ups that this can stuff. I really think it could be a useful way to condition opponents as well as get that little bit of extra damage here and there. I just dont have a way to record it other than my phone :( I suppose a list with only a few videos to demonstrate could suffice. All though a full-cast wake up video would be god like.

Konqrr.

Good shit on the d1 vs lightning cage. Very interesting.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I would have tested it against MB LC too as I have no idea if MB wakeups have more invincibility but I don't know if you can set the training dummy AI to use MB.
I just really think f23 looks fucking cool man, Its molasses slow, but damn if its not brutal. We gots to find a use for deesss. :)

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Depending on the character the second hit works like a meaty and will stuff some wake ups. Superman's rising grab for instance gets stuffed if you time the b23 correctly so the ice block comes out as he's waking up but his dash punch will beat it out no matter how you time it.

Team NRF