What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Explain to Me Why Goro Keeps Armor after Parry

Have you seen this before?

• Total voters

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I come of as visibly frustrated in this video, for this I apologize, I don't seek to try and embellish, but I really can't explain what I'm seeing nor justify it. Goro appears to be carrying over the armor from an interrupted punch walk from my frost parry. If this has been known for sometime and is not a bug, I would like for someone to justify why it should remain in the game. If this is the first you guys have seen of it, I need someone with more technical knowledge of Goro than myself to explain it to me. Either way, I'm confused and frustrated here:

I'm asking for help here. I need answers or a justification---- I want to learn what's going on. I think it might be an execution error but I honestly don't know.

REO

Undead
It's because Goro has a long armor duration when doing EX punch walk so when he's parried, he still retains his armor if the duration overlaps you hitting him while frozen.

Simple solution for this right now is whenever you parry his EX punch walk, just forward dash three times in a row and then combo him. Or you can dash forward and then jump over him for a JIP combo of you want to switch sides. Reason why his armor isn't working against these two options is because you're waiting and hitting him after his armor duration from punch walk ends.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
It's because Goro has a long armor duration when doing EX punch walk so when he's parried, he still retains his armor if the duration overlaps you hitting him while frozen.

Simple solution for this right now is whenever you parry his EX punch walk, just forward dash three times in a row and then combo him. Or you can dash forward and then jump over him for a JIP combo of you want to switch sides. Reason why his armor isn't working against these two options is because you're waiting and hitting him after his armor duration from punch walk ends.
Thank you for your help. So this is a non-buggy, intended feature then? Well, I suppose Goro needs it.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat

What REO said, also it's the MASTER OF KOMBAT, Goro doesn't care about your parry.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
What REO said, also it's the MASTER OF KOMBAT, Goro doesn't care about your parry.
Fair enough then, I suppose I can calm down. I'll just add this too my list of demands for Unbreakable when the next patch season rolls around:

"Frost parry has 0 recovery when absorbing a projectile and Sub-Zero steals all armor from a parried attack. 0 damage scaling on parry and does not count towards his freeze count"

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

Redux

Ex Phase
this seems like a glitch but I don't think nrs will fix it until it happens top 8 on stream.

If someone from NRS happens to pass by here please fix Erron's ex sand grenade bug in the left corner of the jungle arena. thanks.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
I come of as visibly frustrated in this video, for this I apologize, I don't seek to try and embellish, but I really can't explain what I'm seeing nor justify it. Goro appears to be carrying over the armor from an interrupted punch walk from my frost parry. If this has been known for sometime and is not a bug, I would like for someone to justify why it should remain in the game. If this is the first you guys have seen of it, I need someone with more technical knowledge of Goro than myself to explain it to me. Either way, I'm confused and frustrated here:

I'm asking for help here. I need answers or a justification---- I want to learn what's going on. I think it might be an execution error but I honestly don't know.

I don't know what to say, but if he is frozen enough for a hypothetical punchwalk to end, he may have lost the armor by then

what I mean: count 6 of these punches in your head and hit him right after (if frost effect is that long, if not... dunno)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
im guessing its because ex punchwalk has two hits of armor on the move,
it was a bug when tanya had it on her ex rekkas but im guessing nrs would of changed punchwalk by now if it wasnt meant to be like that by design.
kanos ex staright ball charge has two hits of armor also

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
im guessing its because ex punchwalk has two hits of armor on the move,
it was a bug when tanya had it on her ex rekkas but im guessing nrs would of changed punchwalk by now if it wasnt meant to be like that by design.
kanos ex staright ball charge has two hits of armor also
Technically EX Kano ball has 3 hits of armor if you time it right

Samsara

Resident Cynic
So you back to maining Unbreakable now? Good shit

Why no White Power Ranger tho
I've been labbing a lot of tech with this character--- there's a lot of stuff I wanna share but I'm not a pro player like Tom or as respected as glue, but I've come up with some useful work-arounds regarding aura durations, calculated the scaling on applying aura mid-combo, discovered his optimized corner damage (up to 42%), and have found a way to parry after nearly any aura cancel on block.

I'm real busy with school but I don't wanna let go of this variation, I think he could be good and maybe were all missing something big.

As far as no color 2 revanent skin--- its gonna be locked away until NRS gives me a real reason to bring the Ranger back.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Can parries break armor? would that be fair?
If subby's parry wouldn't work against armored reversals he oughta be removed from the game on principle.

As far as I'm concerned, the ice parry immediately interupts an attack an freezes an opponent. Persistent duration based armor on an interrupted move that is no longer in animation is an issue.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I've been labbing a lot of tech with this character--- there's a lot of stuff I wanna share but I'm not a pro player like Tom or as respected as glue, but I've come up with some useful work-arounds regarding aura durations, calculated the scaling on applying aura mid-combo, discovered his optimized corner damage (up to 42%), and have found a way to parry after nearly any aura cancel on block.

I'm real busy with school but I don't wanna let go of this variation, I think he could be good and maybe were all missing something big.
Don't let that stop you from sharing your stuff, you been putting work in for Sub since day 1 may as well share your findings

As far as no color 2 revanent skin--- its gonna be locked away until NRS gives me a real reason to bring the Ranger back.
Fair enough :D

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I dunno what sub-zero's moves are, but having extra armor lying around kinda sucks against most people.
Can he do anything before the armor wears off? If not, slap him with a free 14% upper and go into a blockstring into aura shatter or something.