What's new

Execution Practice

What is the best way to get my execution to the next level?

It's currently the weakest part of my game; as an Erron Black main I will every now and then just drop the slide at the end of a F32 combo, and forget trying to get off the 21212 in anything but practice mode. I want to get in input window down to "short" - currently at medium (started out in long).

What can I do to go from this to making execution one of my strengths? Is the answer just grind out games? Grind practice more for hours?
Just looking for some general advice on how to really kill the execution game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I practice my combos for 1-2 hours a day minimum. Even if they are easy combos to do. Meaning doing the SAME exact combo for 1-2 hours straight. After I can get it 30/30 times consistently, I’ll only practice my combos for about 20-30 mins a day after that. But I’ll always do execution practice, every single day AT LEAST once.

EDIT: Also, I practice on male and female characters. And on the left and right sides. This is very important to do. If you only practice on the P1 side you will not be as good at the combo if you’re on P2 side.

Execution is extremely important, more than most people seem to realize.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It's boring, but it's the only way that works: grind a specific combo in training mode. I usually do it for like 20 times on either side. You don't have to do that every day, I think execution is tested when we play against other people because we don't have time on our side like in training mode so that's also a good way to get these combos down 'under pressure'.

Be sure to clean up your inputs and not mash, but for quick dial combos like these what I do is just slide my thumb up and down twice over 2 and 1, and I never drop it. It's better than just pressing each button down individually since a pad is not a fight stick and it's much harder to do this quickly with just your thumb.