What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sonya Blade Execution Klass featuring Sonya Blade with "♪" cues

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Can't you bind your controller buttons to a software piano or something like that?
That would be much much easier
pretty much like those speedrunners software that also show player's keypresses
It would be amazing, but nobody knows such software. The only software I know is from the music stuff. I remember a similar software that someone played the piano, and the software itself showed which keys he/she pressed at the exact time.

Had I known it, I would add it in my combos instead of texting it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Can't you bind your controller buttons to a software piano or something like that?
That would be much much easier
pretty much like those speedrunners software that also show player's keypresses
I could, but i don't have a piano, besides my execution its not flawless, the audio cues are, i mashed a lot of buttons in covert-ops and demolition combos a few times, because i don't main the character so i don't have the self control discipline with them as i have with Scorpion, Hat Trick or Dronya.

Besides just as you guys, i have no idea how these will play out until i finish a video.

Tanno

I meant software virtual piano (just google it)
because it looks like you go through too much trouble for something that can be done easily with a couple of additional softwares
Now I know what you mean. You mean the standalone plugins. This is what we call in the music world as music producers. It would be amazing if someone had programming skills to convert the controllers into music, just like how they did with Rock Band games.

shura30

Shura
Now I know what you mean. You mean the standalone plugins. This is what we call in the music world as music producers. It would be amazing if someone had programming skills to convert the controllers into music, just like how they did with Rock Band games.
I believe you can hotkey them to work with a controller without additional programming

I guess I just didn't understand because you were doing special forces combos with park drone. Since the nerf, park drone scales combos heavily and builds no meter. There's no reason other than swag to use it in combos. Only other time I can think it would be useful is to make b14 safe, but you might as well go for BLK+1 there.
Was that a necessary nerf?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I believe you can hotkey them to work with a controller without additional programming
Doesn't look as time saving at all but knowledge is power so, definitely need to look into it.

Besides my eyes are turned into some other tests regarding MKX now, will be preparing for it first know if it can be done, only then i will start working on it.

Tanno

Doesn't look as time saving at all but knowledge is power so, definitely need to look into it.

Besides my eyes are turned into some other tests regarding MKX now, will be preparing for it first know if it can be done, only then i will start working on it.
Speaking of eyes, because of my deafness I tend to watch where is the good timing to press the next buttons. As you might know, right these days I'm trying to time down the LRC (Raiden's Run Cancel) so that I can get it 100% without fail. I think I'm having the hang with this, because I suspect of where is the right timing there. The same is applied with most of the characters, like Sub Zero's Aura to B12.

Tanno

If one would record me doing combos it will probably be all notes played at the same time on every hit, with SPAM.
Some of them tend to be a bit fast, but you don't need to be fast with certain characters, like Sub Zero, Tremor and Goro. Just imagine them as being some psy-trance tracks.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I wonder if I attach certain buttons to notes on my guitar if I could do combo riffs.

Could you imagine that? EVO finals, Pig unplugs his controller and plugs in a custom controller guitar and just rocks out super hard doing one frame Kenshi links.

Tanno

I wonder if I attach certain buttons to notes on my guitar if I could do combo riffs.

Could you imagine that? EVO finals, Pig unplugs his controller and plugs in a custom controller guitar and just rocks out super hard doing one frame Kenshi links.
I remember a dude playing his Rock Band guitar with another game. LOL

Just play MKXL, while you're rocking!

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I'm just seeing this now, months after the original post. I find this super interesting. I'm a drummer, and remembering the feel of the rhythm of combos helps my performance. Similar idea. Just wanted to chime in. Good stuff!!