REO fights Ermac (SuminOning) at 55:03
REO fights Reptile (Scoot MaGee) at 1:02:00
REO fights Noob (Hiteshura) at 1:23:11
REO fights Kung Lao (Classy Sasquatch) at 1:50:37

Notable techniques:

Pokes:
- D+BK

Combos:
- F+FK, BP, Nut Punch (hit confirmed) - Frequently Used.
- Throw in the corner, Flip Kick
- Jump Punch, Axe Kick, dash, BP, dash, etc.
- Neutral Jump Punch, dash, FP, dash, FP, dash, BK, BK, Nut Punch
- B+FK, dash, BP, dash, BP, FP, dash, BK, BK, Nut Punch
- BP, FP, F+BP, dash, F+FK, Nut Punch - Frequently Used.
- BP, FP, F+FP, dash, BP, BP, BP, BP, BP, FP, FP, BK, Nut Punch (corner)
- Axe Kick, dash, BP, BP, BP, BP, BP, FP, FP, BK, Nut Punch (corner)

Block Strings:
- D+BK --> F+FK, BP
- D+FK --> F+FK, BP

- D+FP --> F+FK, BP
- D+FP --> F+FK, FK --> D+FP
- D+FP --> F+FK, FK, B+FK

- F+FK --> D+FK
- F+FK --> F+FK
- F+FK --> BP, FP, F+FP
- F+FK, BP --> D+FP
- F+FK, BP --> Throw
- F+FK, FK, Enhanced Fireball
- F+FK, FK, B+FK (hits) --> F+FK, FK, B+FK
- F+FK, FK, B+FK (hits) --> Throw
- F+FK, FK, Enhanced Fireball, FP, BP, Enhanced Fireball, F+FK, FK, B+FK, Enhanced Fireball, F+FK, BP

- BP, FP --> F+FK, BP
- BP, FP --> F+FK --> F+FK, BP
- BP, FP --> F+FK, FK, B+FK
- BP, FP --> BP, FP, F+FP
- BP, FP --> Cross Over Jump Punch
- BP, FP, F+FP

- FP, FP --> BP, FP, F+FP
- FP, FP --> F+FK, FK, B+FK
- FP, FP --> BP, FP, Enhanced Fireball
- FP, FP --> Cross over Jump Punch, F+FK, FK
- FP, FP --> Cross Over Jump Punch, BP, FP
- FP, FP --> Throw

- BK, BK --> D+FK
- BK, BK --> Throw

- B+BK --> D+BK

Nut Punch Stagger Block Strings:
- Cross over jump punch into a) throw or b) FP, FP, --> F+FK, FK, B+FK
- cross over jump punch --> cross over jump punch

Throw Setups:
- BK, BK (blocked) --> Throw
- F+FK, BP (blocked) --> Throw
- Cross over Jump punch (blocked) --> Throw
- D+FK (hit) --> Throw
- FP, FP (blocked) --> Throw

Anti-air:
- Uppercut
- Flip Kick
- Enhanced Nut Punch

Wakeups Used:
- Flip Kick and Enhanced Flip Kick
- Delayed wakeup

Mixups:
- F+FK or F+FK, FK or F+FK, FK, B+FK
- BP, FP or BP, FP, F+FP

--> *Denotes pause in string

Summary of technique:
Very aggressive Cage. Uses a variety of strings to keep the opponent locked down. Likes to do frequent F+FK, BP pressure, hit confirming with high accuracy into nut punch, and mixes up, F+FK, FK, B+FK with D+FK and D+FP so well. Chips away at the opponent's so they basically bleed to death. More damage is probably done on chip than on hit. All combos end in nut punch. On the opponent's nut punch stagger state, almost exclusively goes for a crossover jump punch. Crossover jump punch, FP, FP --> String, works as opponent blocks crossover jump punch standing. Performs about 1 throw per round. Frequently likes to use enhanced fireball strings to chip out damage. Uses meter mostly on enhanced fireballs, enhanced shadow kick to anti-zone, and enhanced nut punch as anti-air.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Good to know I play a lot like he does.

The only thing different that I wouldn't do that he does is that he tends to push them away with some of his combos... Sure he gets the chip damage but personally I don't my guys being hit away (not talking about throws).

Loving the block strings. 3 big things I disagree with though. Maybe because they weren't explored enough. He's getting a lot of air to air trades, so there are better combos off of it which also leads into nut punch. For Anti-air, 3+b works wonders for non cross up jump ins. It gives you basically 1/3rd of their health and leaves them standing for a single anti-air. Enhanced flip kick on wake up is something you want to avoid doing honestly(even if it was tempting). Some of the enhanced shadow kicks didn't react to anything and was punished thoroughly. I'd also like to see him to sit on meter X-ray more often but it's more of a personal preference.

Loving the block strings. 3 big things I disagree with though. Maybe because they weren't explored enough. He's getting a lot of air to air trades, so there are better combos off of it which also leads into nut punch. For Anti-air, 3+b works wonders for non cross up jump ins. It gives you basically 1/3rd of their health and leaves them standing for a single anti-air. Enhanced flip kick on wake up is something you want to avoid doing honestly(even if it was tempting). Some of the enhanced shadow kicks didn't react to anything and was punished thoroughly. I'd also like to see him to sit on meter X-ray more often but it's more of a personal preference.
Evansgambit, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't list X-ray-> flip kick as a combo. That is actually a pretty common mistake trying to launch with b+3 after x-ray.

edit: I didn't actually mean to reply to my own post, it was supposed to be an edit. Have no idea how this happened though lol.

I made a similar post (about REO's cage) some time ago, asking about it's strings and pressure, I got most of it by watching the streams and recordings, but I'm glad someone finally wrote those down. I was impressed how much pressure that character delivers and how fast he can Chip-damage you to death, and the fact the nut-punch basically resets your combo opportunities, when I watch REO play him I get that feeling NRS might nerf Cage :(

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
The problem when your the opponent on the recieving end, is to know when to find the openings. REO plays the block strings like a random number generator, spitting out 1, 2 or 3. You'll have to counter his aggressive style, with either a well timed jump - preferablly into a crossover jump punch combo, or an enhanced armour move or X-Ray to plow through his pressure.

The only thing you know for certain, is the opening at the end of a fully completed combo string. This is what I would have to look for and use, as best I can. If REO never completes any combo strings, then I'm in trouble and have to guess my way out. What I find hard about this game, is that in order to counter attack, you have to release block and open yourself up. It doesn't play like Street Fighter mashing.

Fatality XBL

Red-eye Ragin'
REO just plays the best mindgames. Makes you think hes gonna just do F+FK BP, but then does enhanced fireball after it, ive picked up on this too, its very good to keep yourself in there or if you think your opponents gonna jump. Plus Johnny Cage has great air to air game and can JP you out of the air, dash up FP FP dash FP FP dash BK BK nut punch. But REO's hit confirms and staggering is just on another level.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Plus Johnny Cage has great air to air game and can JP you out of the air, dash up FP FP dash FP FP dash BK BK nut punch. But REO's hit confirms and staggering is just on another level.
I have never gotten it to go that long of a string, 2 FP's at the most, but I agree with this completely, its so awesome when I pulled this off on people (they freak out lmfao)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Examining REO's Cage:

Taken from Valley Stream Monsters Thursday Night Casuals at The Gamers Edge

http://www.justin.tv/kombatnetwork/b/288722051

REO fights Smoke (xxKing Sp33dyxx) at 39:56
REO fights Sub Zero (xxKing Sp33dyxx) at 42:47
REO fights Jade (SuminOning) at 47:41
REO fights Ermac (SuminOning) at 55:03
REO fights Reptile (Scoot MaGee) at 1:02:00
REO fights Noob (Hiteshura) at 1:23:11
REO fights Kung Lao (Classy Sasquatch) at 1:50:37

Notable techniques:

Pokes:
- D+BK

Combos:
- F+FK, BP, Nut Punch (hit confirmed) - Frequently Used.
- Throw in the corner, Flip Kick
- Jump Punch, Axe Kick, dash, BP, dash, etc.
- Neutral Jump Punch, dash, FP, dash, FP, dash, BK, BK, Nut Punch
- B+FK, dash, BP, dash, BP, FP, dash, BK, BK, Nut Punch
- BP, FP, F+BP, dash, F+FK, Nut Punch - Frequently Used.
- BP, FP, F+FP, dash, BP, BP, BP, BP, BP, FP, FP, BK, Nut Punch (corner)
- Axe Kick, dash, BP, BP, BP, BP, BP, FP, FP, BK, Nut Punch (corner)

Block Strings:
- D+BK --> F+FK, BP
- D+FK --> F+FK, BP

- D+FP --> F+FK, BP
- D+FP --> F+FK, FK --> D+FP
- D+FP --> F+FK, FK, B+FK

- F+FK --> D+FK
- F+FK --> F+FK
- F+FK --> BP, FP, F+FP
- F+FK, BP --> D+FP
- F+FK, BP --> Throw
- F+FK, FK, Enhanced Fireball
- F+FK, FK, B+FK (hits) --> F+FK, FK, B+FK
- F+FK, FK, Enhanced Fireball, FP, BP, Enhanced Fireball, F+FK, FK, B+FK, Enhanced Fireball, F+FK, BP

- BP, FP --> F+FK, BP
- BP, FP --> F+FK --> F+FK, BP
- BP, FP --> F+FK, FK, B+FK
- BP, FP --> BP, FP, F+FP
- BP, FP --> Cross Over Jump Punch
- BP, FP, F+FP

- FP, FP --> BP, FP, F+FP
- FP, FP --> F+FK, FK, B+FK
- FP, FP --> BP, FP, Enhanced Fireball
- FP, FP --> Cross over Jump Punch, F+FK, FK
- FP, FP --> Cross Over Jump Punch, BP, FP
- FP, FP --> Throw

- BK, BK --> D+FK
- BK, BK --> Throw

- B+BK --> D+BK

Nut Punch Stagger Block Strings:
- Cross over jump punch into a) throw or b) FP, FP, --> F+FK, FK, B+FK
- cross over jump punch --> cross over jump punch

Throw Setups:
- BK, BK (blocked) --> Throw
- F+FK, BP (blocked) --> Throw
- Cross over Jump punch (blocked) --> Throw
- D+FK (hit) --> Throw
- FP, FP (blocked) --> Throw

Anti-air:
- Uppercut
- Flip Kick
- Enhanced Nut Punch

Wakeups Used:
- Flip Kick and Enhanced Flip Kick
- Delayed wakeup

Mixups:
- F+FK or F+FK, FK or F+FK, FK, B+FK
- BP, FP or BP, FP, F+FP

--> *Denotes pause in string

Summary of technique:
Very aggressive Cage. Uses a variety of strings to keep the opponent locked down. Likes to do frequent F+FK, BP pressure, hit confirming with high accuracy into nut punch, and mixes up, F+FK, FK, B+FK with D+FK and D+FP so well. Chips away at the opponent's so they basically bleed to death. More damage is probably done on chip than on hit. All combos end in nut punch. On the opponent's nut punch stagger state, almost exclusively goes for a crossover jump punch. Crossover jump punch, FP, FP --> String, works as opponent blocks crossover jump punch standing. Performs about 1 throw per round. Frequently likes to use enhanced fireball strings to chip out damage. Uses meter mostly on enhanced fireballs, enhanced shadow kick to anti-zone, and enhanced nut punch as anti-air.
...lol theres a thread on studying reo?

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
Well, to be fair we should put one up there with Tom Brady as well. He plays a great Cage, more patient, more counter attacking, and less aggressive but safer.

I learnt a few great things from REO, actually a lot, especially this nut punch stagger state string: Crossover Jump Punch, FP, FP --> F+FK, FK, B+FK

Edit: Hey Hitoshura, if you use Cage, we'll do one for you as well.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think you guys are going to have to start examining his reptile now lol. Not sure if he's sticking with him but that's who he was playing last.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I think you guys are going to have to start examining his reptile now lol. Not sure if he's sticking with him but that's who he was playing last.
Reo was just in a reptile mood at ECT during top8. Guy likes to troll. XD

Edit: Hey Hitoshura, if you use Cage, we'll do one for you as well.
XD I do sub cage for my bad matchups with noob *cough cough RAIDEN!* but i obv still need work and you guys aren't gonna see it for a while, if not at all b/c my boy RAIN coming out later in the month :3

I haz new sub!

xTHUGx

Noob
What's the best thing to do when in I have an opponent on the corner other than corner combo. Which blockstrings?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
When I was playing at ECT3, I was on the tym android stream, apparently people were asking if it was REO playing but It was just me.

Thanks evansgambit for those inputs I have to look up for more of those dick punches haha

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I played a Johnny cage that is how you described it. Very tough and annoying. As a Sub Zero player I abandoned my usual rushdown and camped. I felt dirty but it was the only way to beat him, I had lost like 6 times to the guy but I won through turtling behind my clone. Not my proudest moment but when I am out rushed, I hide.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
REO is ridiculously good with every character he uses. He took Quan Chi (the worst character in the game according to most people) and made him a beast. He's just great at MK games period.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I played a Johnny cage that is how you described it. Very tough and annoying. As a Sub Zero player I abandoned my usual rushdown and camped. I felt dirty but it was the only way to beat him, I had lost like 6 times to the guy but I won through turtling behind my clone. Not my proudest moment but when I am out rushed, I hide.
Yeah.. that be me ;P

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Dude! I remember playing you as Cage in ranked 1v1! It was this afternoon! I BARELY won!

NariTuba

disMember
On 1:33:26 and 1:33:55 Hitoshura (Noob) poked JCs approach.

Ive had someone do that to me and had some difficulty getting in. He would simply stop my rushdown by poking me out and then proceed to escape the pressure. As I am obviously nowhere near REOs level Id like to ask you guys for some advice to get around this.

Should he have time to poke me in between block-strings? Or is it that my execution is not timed properly and hence I delay between strings? For example :r+:fk:fk:l+:fk: should I be able to repeat this string because of frame trap without getting poked in between? how about :r+:fk:fk:l+:fk -> :en force ball?

How do I approach a poker in order to apply pressure? what do I do after I get poked in order to get back in there?

thank you!

JrK

Probably Drunk
On 1:33:26 and 1:33:55 Hitoshura (Noob) poked JCs approach.

Ive had someone do that to me and had some difficulty getting in. He would simply stop my rushdown by poking me out and then proceed to escape the pressure. As I am obviously nowhere near REOs level Id like to ask you guys for some advice to get around this.

Should he have time to poke me in between block-strings? Or is it that my execution is not timed properly and hence I delay between strings? For example :r+:fk:fk:l+:fk: should I be able to repeat this string because of frame trap without getting poked in between? how about :r+:fk:fk:l+:fk -> :en force ball?

How do I approach a poker in order to apply pressure? what do I do after I get poked in order to get back in there?

thank you!
I have the same ?. Any suggestions?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Well, I normally see the poke coming right after the string... so If they do the poke again, once you get in their face again, prevent their poke with your poke. Or an enhanced Dick Punch.

Rarely, I do this 1, 3, 2 combo. If you're standing in the right spot the 2 should hit him.

Kombo

Noob
This. Fucking this.