What's new

Video/Tutorial - Kobu Jutsu EX Tonfa throw is + on block

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
cant you duck it
if you stand block the first hit of tonfa you cannot duck the second.

If your crouching and let go of block instantly after...yes you can crouch it but you don't get anything off of it. This could vary based on hitboxes but idk yet.

Fact is...it is + and guarantees a standing 1. I use it for two reasons.

1) give me time to rebuild stamina
2) give me damage for a standing reset

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
if you stand block the first hit of tonfa you cannot duck the second.

If your crouching and let go of block instantly after...yes you can crouch it but you don't get anything off of it. This could vary based on hitboxes but idk yet.

Fact is...it is + and guarantees a standing 1. I use it for two reasons.

1) give me time to rebuild stamina
2) give me damage for a standing reset
The AI can't even MB kung Lao spin or Cassie MB flip out of B2 MB Tonfa throw into B1. Would need to test it more, don't know if I trust the training mode on this instance.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The AI can't even MB kung Lao spin or Cassie MB flip out of B2 MB Tonfa throw into B1. Would need to test it more, don't know if I trust the training mode on this instance.
I tested it with record and I myself was trying to get out.

obviously we will find out more with time. point it though that it is hella + and thats a good thing.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I knew you found it too, well i wanted to test it further since i stumbled upon cassie neutral ducking tonfa throw xP

Cassie can neutral duck the second hit, didn't test if any other character can, seems to be a hitbox problem, but is still + on block tough..

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
My friend found this out on day 2, he abused the heck out of the B1, and F2 string into EX tonfa toss, into roughly 25-30% chip, and throw and low set ups. I believe the last hit of her rekka when EX'd is also + on block...her chip damage game is insane.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
My friend found this out on day 2, he abused the heck out of the B1, and F2 string into EX tonfa toss, into roughly 25-30% chip, and throw and low set ups. I believe the last hit of her rekka when EX'd is also + on block...her chip damage game is insane.
The last hit is -7. Cassie can reversal kick it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I said it before and I'll say it again. Tanya possible top 5, guaranteed top 10.
I'm not convinced 100 percent yet how good she is. When I look at all her strengths it seems obvious she would be up that high but a lot of her game can be neutralized if you know the character very well.

If you compare her to a character like Raiden Quanchi EB she doesn't necessarily dominate and have damage the way they do. Is she overwhelming at first? Absolutely. I think she's between 8 and 13 on the tier list. But she could be higher. Who knows

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
The last hit is -7. Cassie can reversal kick it.
I set the Computer to reversal flipkick after a blocked third hit of her ex rekka string. and I was able to block every time, EX flipkick didn't even touch Tanya, I'll try to flipkick myself and see if it works now.

Edit: Nope can't reversal it with Cassie's Flip kick

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm not convinced 100 percent yet how good she is. When I look at all her strengths it seems obvious she would be up that high but a lot of her game can be neutralized if you know the character very well.

If you compare her to a character like Raiden Quanchi EB she doesn't necessarily dominate and have damage the way they do. Is she overwhelming at first? Absolutely. I think she's between 8 and 13 on the tier list. But she could be higher. Who knows
You're right. They do dominate more in the damage department and being harder to shut down. I think her teleport is going to be a problem if used properly. Just the phasing and different mix ups on it alone make it a scary thing.

I'd probably put her somewhere in that range too to be honest. She's definitely a strong character, but has a hard time doing anything after she gets figures out. Or zone :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@AK L0rdoftheFLY

When they duck tonfa throw in order to make your string whiff, use B1 and see them die. When they start taking too many hits out of B1,2+4 they will start to respect 112~tonfa throw.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I set the Computer to reversal flipkick after a blocked third hit of her ex rekka string. and I was able to block every time, EX flipkick didn't even touch Tanya, I'll try to flipkick myself and see if it works now.

Edit: Nope can't reversal it with Cassie's Flip kick
The AI Cassie MB flip also isn't possible from F2 MB Tonfa throw into B12+4, FYI.
yea it's awesome