What's new

Tech EX Red Dash after 1,1,2 reset?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Hey guys,

Here's the block/hit advanage on 1,1,2:

1,1,2 - +19 | +37

Soooo on hit we have +37. Empty Red Dash is 29 frames, so we're at +8 as we all know. This makes B1 6 frames effectively. I was thinking it might be useful in some situations vs certain characters to use EX Empty Red Dash to give us +10 (assuming you hit them standing on the ground, more obviously if they're airborne).

Just a thought.

ryublaze

Noob
Ninj which characters do you think it'll be good against? I thought about this before but I didn't think it was worth the meter and I usually never land a 1,1,2 on the ground.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Ninj which characters do you think it'll be good against? I thought about this before but I didn't think it was worth the meter and I usually never land a 1,1,2 on the ground.
Yeah, I'm not really sure. I was thinking it's useful vs Kung Lao and Reptile, possible Kenshi as well since on a just-frame they can't armor/spin/dash out of another 1,1,2. The whole purpose is to gain frame advantage to build back some meter.

Here's the problem with using it to link to another 1,1,2 though - the opponent can be holding down block which makes it so you can't catch them in standing block frames which kind of stinks. Another problem is if you go with B1,1,F4 to guarantee a hit, it's 4 frames which allows for plenty of time for armor.

L0rdoftheFLY have you ever found EX Red Dash after landing a standing 1,1,2 to be useful? I'm not convinced by any stretch that it actually is, but I don't remember ever discussing it as a possibility with anyone in a thought-provoking way.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know no one didn't Ask me anything, however:

When you land a 112 into ex Dash, its almost the same as 112, ex dagger to jail standing, players respect the armor threat and stand up instinctively to block a down slash, which can be used for a f212 string or something else.

The only difference is that you won't build the same amount of meter or doing the same amount of chip due the 2% chip of a blocked ex dagger that will not be present, besides, they might try something out of the ex dash, which makes the f212 threat not 100% effective as a blocked ex dagger.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Armor lasts from frame 27 to 29 for EX RD? or am I misunderstanding?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
the armor lasts 29 frames (same as rd animation), the startup is 2 frames, the duration of crimsom dash is 27.

If we had to represent this with a time line would be something like this:

Animation Startup--(Armor Starts here)--------------------------(Animation Ends here)-- Armor Ends here

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Eddy said it best...its good if you have meter to spare but I find myself burning more meter in her harder MU like kabal and sonya to the point where I cant do this.

In situational settings it might be valuable but there is no REAL threat besides downslash, forcing them to stand granting you a f2 string.

There might be value in the anti breaker setup that Eddy Wang found. Maybe some testing in this area could be useful. I'm at work and have BnB tonight so I wont be able to.

ryublaze

Noob
Krimson Dash - armor on frames 2-28

Krimson Dash duration is 27 frames so she'll still have armor for 1 frame

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Krimson Dash - armor on frames 2-28

Krimson Dash duration is 27 frames so she'll still have armor for 1 frame

I commit a mistake there, the armor won't start before the 2 frames (if i'm not mistaking) which leaves her free for 2 frames.

But you're correct on the duration, is 28 initially not 29 ^^