What's new

EX Ragdoll

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
So i have been using EX ragdoll in my gameplay alot more
it is really nice to have my opponent watching out for that low, and then hitting him with an overhead, into a bomb filled cyrax combo everyone loves.

i was wondering what would be the best follow up after ex ragdoll?

I normally try to throw a mid bomb, or close bomb depending on how i read my opponent, but i haven't found anything i really like, and stick too

how do you guys follow up?

always trying to find new ways to take 50+% ;)

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Well, many options here, and it's kinda new thing to do for me but as they start to panic and "wtf low hit with Cyrax" they block low, so a b2 does the job many times, if you time it right it negates many wakeups.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
yeah, the B2 overhead/low mix up is my man goal for using ex ragdoll

i just wanted to make sure there was no one out there using some god like, low starer reset haha

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
in the corner you can combo off of it, but for the most part unless you follow with the throw they will roll every time, its best used to escape the corner or finish them off in my opinion, but dont be too reckless as its easily baited

CYracks

Command Grabber
in the corner you can combo off of it, but for the most part unless you follow with the throw they will roll every time, its best used to escape the corner or finish them off in my opinion, but dont be too reckless as its easily baited
You can combo in the corner off it, but its really difficult IMO. If you're in a match with someone and feeling that confident in your ability to nail your opponent while hes blocking low then I suggest going for down 3,4s into chest saw. The chest saw is safe and you wont waist meter. Wasting meter trying to land what feels like free damage with EX-ragdoll is something I admit to doing when feeling lazy. Try to discover new ways to get the opponent to block low. Don't expend meter when you don't have to.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
You can combo in the corner off it, but its really difficult IMO. If you're in a match with someone and feeling that confident in your ability to nail your opponent while hes blocking low then I suggest going for down 3,4s into chest saw. The chest saw is safe and you wont waist meter. Wasting meter trying to land what feels like free damage with EX-ragdoll is something I admit to doing when feeling lazy. Try to discover new ways to get the opponent to block low. Don't expend meter when you don't have to.
its diffidult alright, but so what, it gets easier with practise, like i said, you only really should be spending meter on it when you have a full bar and will build it back by the end of the round, or if it will end the game.

why do one or the other? do both.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Most cyrax players haven't got a fucking clue how to actually fight, or use an up-close game, it's not all about, bomb,bomb,bomb, net = 50% combo for one bar.

Cyrax has a safe mid hitting uninterruptible hit confirming 121 string, that can either throw out a bomb on hit, or on block, use his safe overhead chestsaw, or :en rag doll to hit low, both that and his regular are safe on block. He has great pokes to work all of this around.

It angers me to see cyrax players not use his tools, the vast amount he has.

Enhanced net that drains 5/6 of one bar of meter.
Anti air move, specifically for anti air, it also takes priority over every other air move.
Enhanced chest saw, which is a projectile that hits mid and cannot be neuteral ducked.
Enhanced teleport to have a safe wake up out of corner option.
And probably one of his least used tools, his :x.

His :x can help him break out of certain characters rush downs, as it his only armoured move, and is never used as much as it should be, let me remind people that, it is armoured, anti air, combo able into and out of, and if not started with a bomb, will lead to a pressure bomb afterwards.

Example: :x, :fp net, :l:bp, :bp:fp, :fp:bp:fp Bomb - 53% and it is never used, disgusting, if any other character had this, is would probably be his or her best tool. But not for Cyrax players, they need to have 60% for one bar or its not good enough.

Moves like his :en donkey kick are vital and underused. Forget the bomb bomb net thing, that's out dated and won't work against half the cast of players.

Theme

Noob
Most cyrax players haven't got a fucking clue how to actually fight, or use an up-close game, it's not all about, bomb,bomb,bomb, net = 50% combo for one bar.

Cyrax has a safe mid hitting uninterruptible hit confirming 121 string, that can either throw out a bomb on hit, or on block, use his safe overhead chestsaw, or :en rag doll to hit low, both that and his regular are safe on block. He has great pokes to work all of this around.

Anti air move, specifically for anti air, it also takes priority over every other air move.
Enhanced chest saw, which is a projectile that hits mid and cannot be neuteral ducked.

His :x can help him break out of certain characters rush downs, as it his only armoured move, and is never used as much as it should be, let me remind people that, it is armoured, anti air, combo able into and out of, and if not started with a bomb, will lead to a pressure bomb afterwards.

Example: :x, :fp net, :l:bp, :bp:fp, :fp:bp:fp Bomb - 53% and it is never used, disgusting, if any other character had this, is would probably be his or her best tool. But not for Cyrax players, they need to have 60% for one bar or its not good enough.

Moves like his :en donkey kick are vital and underused. Forget the bomb bomb net thing, that's out dated and won't work against half the cast of players.
I think a reason why I dont use it often is because I am very meter dependent with Cyrax. I am trigger happy when it comes to wake-up attacks (bad habit) and I usually like to EN out of it with a Rag/Chest. I dont build meter as fast as a lot of Cyrax players because I tend to do a lot of poking and normals too rather than throwing out net and bombs left and right.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Other than being a surprise low hitting move and escape option you can use it as a 50/50 if you're abundant on meter.

1,1,1 last one hits overhead and it's safe on block, now you can mix it up with 1,1~ex ragdoll, don't do the throw in the ragdoll animation and drop a mid bomb and apply pressure.

A lot of people don't use it cuz you're wasting a bar, but it's pretty effective.

NariTuba

disMember
Other than being a surprise low hitting move and escape option you can use it as a 50/50 if you're abundant on meter.

1,1,1 last one hits overhead and it's safe on block, now you can mix it up with 1,1~ex ragdoll, don't do the throw in the ragdoll animation and drop a mid bomb and apply pressure.

A lot of people don't use it cuz you're wasting a bar, but it's pretty effective.
1,2,1 on block works the same way

1,2,1~Exragdoll / 1,2,1~saw

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
[MENTION=2157]UsedForGlue[/MENTION] told about his X-ray he is right, but about the bomb and net thing I have an objection.
Below:

:x
Actually it is a pretty good move, and I use it regulary (easy to do even online) but only as a last resort or in a panic situation.

I can't see that in other cases what is the problem with the 1 bar 60% and resets, I mean this is what Cyrax is about, and
controlling the stage fully with bombs and nets. Why the hell would I go close and take any chance to get caught in a combo if I can
force the opp to move as I wish? 3 bombs down, (and more if one blows) and a net, anti air, block, everything ready. What can you do exactly? Not much.
Yes, Cyrax is good up close, but not that good, basically if you don't have to don't let the opp get in your face, you may have problems, against a few.
Still you are right about this bomb and net thing will not work against a few, for example Raiden, Scorpion, Ermac, Rain, Sektor, and a few others and only because of the Ex teleport type moves they have cannot be punished. For the rest (I know that a few is missing) you can pretty much anticipate the move what they will use to get away from this. Smoke? teleport. yeah, block, full combo. Mileena? Anti air. Kabal dash? Block - Full combo. Cyber sub? Teleport. But it's so unsafe...
But what a human sub can do about this? Likely drown in his own tears, that's all.

It's nowhere to be outdated, if played correctly.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

This. All of this.

Thank you for making me feel like less of a douche for playing Cyrax, Glue. I needed that :D.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
[MENTION=2157]UsedForGlue[/MENTION] told about his X-ray he is right, but about the bomb and net thing I have an objection.
Below:

:x
Actually it is a pretty good move, and I use it regulary (easy to do even online) but only as a last resort or in a panic situation.

I can't see that in other cases what is the problem with the 1 bar 60% and resets, I mean this is what Cyrax is about, and
controlling the stage fully with bombs and nets. Why the hell would I go close and take any chance to get caught in a combo if I can
force the opp to move as I wish? 3 bombs down, (and more if one blows) and a net, anti air, block, everything ready. What can you do exactly? Not much.
Yes, Cyrax is good up close, but not that good, basically if you don't have to don't let the opp get in your face, you may have problems, against a few.
Still you are right about this bomb and net thing will not work against a few, for example Raiden, Scorpion, Ermac, Rain, Sektor, and a few others and only because of the Ex teleport type moves they have cannot be punished. For the rest (I know that a few is missing) you can pretty much anticipate the move what they will use to get away from this. Smoke? teleport. yeah, block, full combo. Mileena? Anti air. Kabal dash? Block - Full combo. Cyber sub? Teleport. But it's so unsafe...
But what a human sub can do about this? Likely drown in his own tears, that's all.

It's nowhere to be outdated, if played correctly.
The thing is, Cyrax isn't nearly half as effective as he is when is shooting bombs and nets. He is better than that.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
The thing is, Cyrax isn't nearly half as effective as he is when is shooting bombs and nets. He is better than that.
You are right, but safer. It's just that the player decides how to play Cyrax, but if you know both styles will make Cyrax fully effective.
And yes, with the :x you can just let the opp go in for an attack, let them hit you, then let the bodies hit the floor.