What's new

EX, Enhance, Meter Burn, etc... in MK11, it's called Amplify, and it works slightly differently

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I know there was some discussion on what we should call these, so I thought I'd put this here.

It looks like we now have "Extend", "Amplify", and "Further Amplify", as well as "Cancel". And they are no longer done with the Block button, or a specific Meter Burn button. Now there are button combinations you'll use, specific to each move.

Check it out:

Baraka (Facing Right)

Scorpion (Facing Left)

Button Layout

King Cash

Next Level
The inputs will probably change per Ed Boons game informer interview.

“That’s still in flux. We’re in a bit of experimentation and such. Me personally? I want to keep them as simple as possible. I don’t want the barrier of entry to be being able to do something that’s really difficult. I’d like it, ideally, if they were all across the board simple. The barrier shouldn’t be, "do you have the dexterity to do this?" it should be "Can you think of the right thing at the right time?"

DDustiNN

“That’s still in flux. We’re in a bit of experimentation and such. Me personally? I want to keep them as simple as possible. I don’t want the barrier of entry to be being able to do something that’s really difficult. I’d like it, ideally, if they were all across the board simple. The barrier shouldn’t be, "do you have the dexterity to do this?" it should be "Can you think of the right thing at the right time?"
Huh.... well that’s interesting. Guess we’ll see what happens with the beta!

Never seen someone so casually open about internal disagreements and also Ed Boon is right, keep in simple and universal, don't frontload each character with rote memorization.

DDustiNN

Never seen someone so casually open about internal disagreements and also Ed Boon is right, keep in simple and universal, don't frontload each character with rote memorization.
I agree, it should remain simple. Having to remember Amplify modifiers and Brutality modifiers for the same moves is just overkill.

DDustiNN

no, took the pictures, yo
Oh, that’d be me then, lol. Saw a glimpse of it during the London stream, when a player paused to look up a fatality real quick. So I went back later and found it. They flipped through all 4 screens in probably less than a second... so it took a bit of effort to capture them properly, haha. But persistence pays off!

Last edited:

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
If this is for situations where 1,2 is inputted but 1+2 comes out then awesome.

Or if any sort of combination of missed inputs or accidental inputs, moves and meterburns coming coming out of in opportune times. Then again awesome.

If I helps and any other way. Again. Awesome.

Thank you NRS. This is EXACTLY what I wanted and it's in the character select screens... Thanks.

Nrs... Your the best.

Thank you.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Button Layout

HOLY SHIT BOYZ THEY DID IT.

So instead of just getting rid of it, they didn't want to force more casuals to be harder to input things, so they gave us a pro option.
So now a beginner in fighting games can start to reduce scrub assist little by little and become an educated player.

It seems okay... Though, personally, I would have preferred a return to "pro moves" tier timing / learning curve.

Albeit, a philosophy espoused by few -- the more neural / motor functions required, the better for all.

No wonder cant hit combos or manaburn for shit on the beta.Really what the hell.Lol Thanks for sharing was still pressing the block button!!
This is coming the normal for about all games making it easier for not so good player so they can still play and keep them playing to fill companies pockets.Sorry that's what it's about look at all the FPS shooters I think it will be harder to do in fighting games but it possible.