What's new

Ex Elbow Dash Pressure

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ok guys so I have been toying with it a lot and have found some great ex elbow dash pressure. If you want to keep the pressure on your opponent ex elbow dash is the way to go. I have found that no matter what your opponent does, if he isn't just blocking or using an armored move after ex elbow dash, he's risking eating a combo. Whether he tries to poke out, cross you up, or jump back to get out, it's a gamble. Here is what I do, after your first ex elbow dash is blocked, I do a d3 to see how my opponent reacts. This splits off into two or three different scenarios so I will break down each individually.

1) If he jumps back to get out of your first ex elbow dash, no big deal you won't be punished and now you know what to expect next time you ex elbow dash. The next time you Ex elbow dash your opponent will think since he jumped back the first time to get out of pressure it should work again...wrong, whiff an ex elbow dash and NJP to punish it for a combo.

2) If he just stands there and takes and the d3 hits, follow up with 321, if it hits you get a combo and if it doesn't you can end the string with acid hand or ex elbow dash again, or even acid hand ex elbow dash. Another thing to do to a standing opponent is d3 acid if they try and hit out of the d3, d3 will beat it out and acid hand will send them full screen for you to zone. You can be poked out of the acid hand though, also if you want to combo off of the acid hand just enhance it, but you will be burning two bars of meter.

3) For crossups it pretty much works the same way as jump backs do, if they do it after the first ex elbow dash, no problem. On the second one they will think it's ok to cross up again, so use an NJP to punish it for a combo.

Thanks for reading guys, and stay scaly my fellow reptiles.

Good stuff. I agree ex elbow is great for pressure. I sometimes link 2 back to back if I'm leading on health. Rarely do they expect the second one. Even if they do you can go into d3 321 pressure like you said and gain lots of meter back. I love staggering 321 also, like 3, 3, 321 etc.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Thanks man! Staggering Reptile's 3's and 1's is great for pressure, and I don't think d3 pressure hasn't been fully tapped into bye everyone yet. I usually only do back to back ex elbow dashes unless it will kill them, but that doesn't mean it isn't great to use haha.

Thanks man! Staggering Reptile's 3's and 1's is great for pressure, and I don't think d3 pressure hasn't been fully tapped into bye everyone yet. I usually only do back to back ex elbow dashes unless it will kill them, but that doesn't mean it isn't great to use haha.
I agree.

Have you tried starting 321 just outside of 3's reach? I find that people sometimes jump at the opportunity to punish the miss and get hit with 21... But maybe I play morons haha

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I agree.

Have you tried starting 321 just outside of 3's reach? I find that people sometimes jump at the opportunity to punish the miss and get hit with 21... But maybe I play morons haha

No you are right that can be effective., I think the 2 is a high tough so you would need to be careful

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So I got blown up at FR trying to use d3 acid hand after ex elbow dashes, and for some reason was mistiming my d3 321's, so I'm officially changing my strategy again. I'm working d3 into d4 invis/acid hand now. It's still hit confirmable, it's harder to escape, and leads to better pressure. As I have stating I am reworking my fundamentals as that is what really got me killed at FR, I am looking for better footsies and safer/smarter decisions and options.

I starting toying with d3 acid hand/invisibility and I find the spacing to be to close for me. I don't like how short the like range is on d3. If I d3 I go for 32 etc. Or a cross up or njp once the are conditioned for that.

I watch Chris g and what stands out is that he uses little to no tricks, he is just fundamentally dominating. He still uses 122 the majority of the time, never does the reset, things like that. The little tricks are usefull tools, but I feel like I need to focus more on match UPS at this point.